Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

I couldn't finish any surveys on OpinionWorld today because an allow cookies prompt page keeps popping up but the button to agree to it wouldn't let me press it. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Snow Crash wrote: »
    I couldn't finish any surveys on OpinionWorld today because an allow cookies prompt page keeps popping up but the button to agree to it wouldn't let me press it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What do the Userneeds points work out to in real life value?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

L1011 wrote: »
    What do the Userneeds points work out to in real life value?

8,000 points = €10 AllGifts.ie voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I was recently eliminated from a MySurvey questionnaire after about 12 minutes (long after the qualifying demographics were taken) so I queried it by email. This was part of the response sent to me:

The number of participants needed for a certain survey is sometimes reached very quickly and as a consequence the survey is automatically closed. This can happen when you are at any point of the survey, even up to the last question.

Surely this makes nonsense of any valid research gleaned from such surveys? Rush to the finish, no matter what kind of reply you provide, or accept that your time has been wasted and here's 10 entries to our prize draw for your trouble.

It certainly makes me think twice (or rather not think at all!) about my approach to the surveys I participate in from now on.

• Advertisement

I was recently eliminated from a MySurvey questionnaire after about 12 minutes (long after the qualifying demographics were taken) so I queried it by email. This was part of the response sent to me:

"The number of participants needed for a certain survey is sometimes reached very quickly and as a consequence the survey is automatically closed. This can happen when you are at any point of the survey, even up to the last question."

Surely this makes nonsense of any valid research gleaned from such surveys? Rush to the finish, no matter what kind of reply you provide, or accept that your time has been wasted and here's 10 entries to our prize draw for your trouble.

It certainly makes me think twice (or rather not think at all!) about my approach to the surveys I participate in from now on.

Same here.
    I got this email reply from OpinionsWorld which worked for me...

Dear Respondent,

You can try clearing your Cache:

• For Internet Explorer: Click on "Tools," select "Internet Options," under the General tab in the Temporary Internet files, select "Delete Files," then select "OK" at the bottom of the screen. Close all browser windows.

• For Mozilla Firefox: Click on "Tools," select "Clear Private Data" and make sure that the ‘Cache’ box is ticked. Proceed by clicking on the ‘Clear All Private Data now’ button. Quit out of all browser windows

• For Netscape: Go to "Edit," select "Preferences," under "Advanced" select "Cache," click on the "Clear Cache" button. Close all browser windows.

• For Safari: Select "Empty Cache" from the Safari menu bar at the top of the browser, and confirm your intention by selecting "Empty" when prompted. Close all browser windows.

Toxica wrote: »
    8,000 points = €10 AllGifts.ie voucher.

So the hideous beer tracking survey they sent me for 800 points isn't worth doing as you get 1.50 from IO and possibly up to 1.70 from a Cint panel for it, then.

Mentioning that survey, it died for me with a logic bomb (had to enter numbers that added to 0 but 0 wasn't an allowed answer) and I emailed IO; they never replied but sent it to me again where it re-entered at the same failure point and let me enter 0.

Would have been nice to have the error acknowledged though!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Search the number for it in your emails and you should see when its from - that's how I know I still have two from 2014!

Even longer than expected, it's from September 2015 so I assume that won't be paid out :(

Still no response on reporting a missing Tesco card from IO. I've now got 60 cleared and don't want to order another until I know I'm going to get the damn thing!

I did a quick tot up of all the sites I use and there's definitely less 'income' this year on pretty much all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Still no response on reporting a missing Tesco card from IO. I've now got 60 cleared and don't want to order another until I know I'm going to get the damn thing!

I think if you order €50 in one go, they'll send it by registered post.

I think if you order €50 in one go, they'll send it by registered post.

They don't, I have redeemed €50 worth in Tesco cards and they just sent them all together in same envelope and by normal post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Toxica wrote: »
    They don't, I have redeemed €50 worth in Tesco cards and they just sent them all together in same envelope and by normal post.

They mustn't do it consistently, but I just checked and I've two lots of €50 that both came registered (one Tesco, one Boots). Otherwise they're the same as you said - all together in the one envelope.

I guess you can't rely on them being sent registered, which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Anybody else use Ideas Panel Survey??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Anybody else use Ideas Panel Survey??

Yes, small money surveys that take ages to amount to anything.

The IO 3.50 car survey is starting to annoy me - coming more frequently and I know I'll screen out; but I don't attempt to take it and screen out I get constant reminders.

Having bought a car new 8 years ago is an instant screenout but its only after a number of questions they ask that.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Yes, small money surveys that take ages to amount to anything.

Any suggestions which are the best ones to make a bit of money?

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Any suggestions which are the best ones to make a bit of money?

The site that you'll probably get the most from (but at a mediocre time to return rate) is Irish Opinions, but its in Tesco/Boots/Easons vouchers not cash.

The best time to return rates are RedC and Acumen but they are a lot rarer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

The site that you'll probably get the most from (but at a mediocre time to return rate) is Irish Opinions, but its in Tesco/Boots/Easons vouchers not cash.

The best time to return rates are RedC and Acumen but they are a lot rarer.

Acumen is decent enough. Have made about €150 (mainly ikea vouchers-new house) in the last year so happy enough plus you can cash out every €10 if you wanted. RedC is €50 cash out which takes a fair bit to build up to.

I just got this from a €3 RedC survey...

Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers. Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures. We have a responsibility to our clients to provide reliable research. We ask that you give careful consideration to the questions asked and in return we offer a fair reward for the time taken to complete the surveys. We hope that on the next occasion your answers will be consistent so you can complete the survey and have your reward accredited to your account.

That was straight after clicking start survey:confused:

• Advertisement

Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers. Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures. We have a responsibility to our clients to provide reliable research. We ask that you give careful consideration to the questions asked and in return we offer a fair reward for the time taken to complete the surveys. We hope that on the next occasion your answers will be consistent so you can complete the survey and have your reward accredited to your account.

I got the same message on the same survey. :confused:

Same message from a €3 survey a few weeks back, but right at the very end. Have no idea what I did to deserve it and was a bit peeved. Feels like I was sent to the naughty corner :eek: But hey ho - haven't managed to complete a RedC survey since - screened out of any that were offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Same message from a €3 survey a few weeks back, but right at the very end. Have no idea what I did to deserve it and was a bit peeved. Feels like I was sent to the naughty corner :eek: But hey ho - haven't managed to complete a RedC survey since - screened out of any that were offered.

RedC ask the same closing question at the end of most or all surveys about how many people over and under 18 live in your house.

If you accidentally give a different answer to what you said at the start of the survey you get that telling off and no points :( Happened to me once.

Skid X wrote: »
    RedC ask the same closing question at the end of most or all surveys about how many people over and under 18 live in your house.

If you accidentally give a different answer to what you said at the start of the survey you get that telling off and no points :( Happened to me once.

Yes, I've a feeling that may have been it alright. I won't be making that mistake again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Skid X wrote: »

That happened to me too. It was a fiver. I'm still bitter. But it happened to someone I know with a €3 survey recently even though they hadn't made that mistake. They were given the reward in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Has anyone else's Shop&Scan scanner not been able to read the Tesco code in the codebook? Instead of the normal bleep when I scan it, it makes just a sad little noise. I've been contacted by Shop&Scan, who told me it was a software issue, so I'm just wondering if this is happening to everyone.

They've informed me that another scanner is being sent out to me, which doesn't make sense if the scanner is able to update itself.

Has anyone else's Shop&Scan scanner not been able to read the Tesco code in the codebook? Instead of the normal bleep when I scan it, it makes just a sad little noise. I've been contacted by Shop&Scan, who told me it was a software issue, so I'm just wondering if this is happening to everyone.

They've informed me that another scanner is being sent out to me, which doesn't make sense if the scanner is able to update itself.

Have you the old (A5, plastic cover) or new (third A3 or so, cardboard cover) book?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Have you the old (A5, plastic cover) or new (third A3 or so, cardboard cover) book?

The new cardboard one, (spiral notebook style, not the ring binder.) I had been using it for a month or so before I encountered the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Yahoo! Finally hit 50 on Red C:)

Advertisement