Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

400 points from acumen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

doing swagbucks, not all surveys but it builds up, I mainly get amazon vouchers
    if anyone would like my code to be referred, I'd be most grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Cal04 wrote: »
    doing swagbucks, not all surveys but it builds up, I mainly get amazon vouchers
    if anyone would like my code to be referred, I'd be most grateful

Ach sure go on, I've nothing better to do :D

http://www.swagbucks.com
    cheers

Mod note: referral links are not allowed. URL edited

I was with Starbucks for almost 3 years and never got enough to cash out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Noticed a huuuuuge dip in IO surveys from the new website was launched. Got my first one since at 1 this morning :rolleyes: Needless to say it was full by the time I got up!

I was with Starbucks for almost 3 years and never got enough to cash out.

do you mean swagbucks?
    i have cashed out over 80 e worth of amazon vouchers at this stage, so handy
    going to save up for xmas now. swagcodes posted on their fb page every now and again. I didn't realise that I could not post my referral link, sorry. would it be okay for me to say that if anyone wants my link, that they can send me a message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Noticed a huuuuuge dip in IO surveys from the new website was launched. Got my first one since at 1 this morning :rolleyes: Needless to say it was full by the time I got up!

Snap! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

400 points from acumen today.

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Email went into my Junk folder. Finally over €100 so cash cash out for that Ikea voucher :):) Happy days :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

do you mean swagbucks?
    i have cashed out over 80 e worth of amazon vouchers at this stage, so handy
    going to save up for xmas now. swagcodes posted on their fb page every now and again. I didn't realise that I could not post my referral link, sorry. would it be okay for me to say that if anyone wants my link, that they can send me a message?

I have cashed out over £1000 in Paypal/Amazon since Dec 2013 :D .
    Have made over 250,000sb and make over 200sb a day with minimal effort with videos / android apps .

100sb = $1

• Advertisement

jackoire wrote: »
    I have cashed out over £1000 in Paypal/Amazon since Dec 2013 :D .
    Have made over 250,000sb and make over 200sb a day with minimal effort with videos / android apps .

100sb = $1
    how do you manage 200 sb a day????

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Ill pm you, but you need an android device to do the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

that's some going would love to know how.
    also once a month if you type something like ebookers etc into the search box you get a few extra sb points

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Same as.
    I was earning €10 almost every week/two weeks at most.
    I've only been sent two surveys since the new website was launched, one of which was closed even though I clicked on the link as soon as I received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

anyone else not able log in to irish opinions since they updated the site

anyone else not able log in to irish opinions since they updated the site

No it's fine but opinion world won't let me log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tara2201

Hi, just wondering if anybody else is having issues with RedCLive surveys? Just recently I am having issues with them where they are sending me high reward surveys (3-5 euros) which take ages to complete. I filled them out and in some cases was surprised to qualify as I am 43. But, 3 times in the last week, I have completed 75%-80% of the surveys honestly, only to be given a message that my answers were 'irregular and did not pass quality control' and 'we ask that you answer questions honestly, and in turn, we provide a fair reward'. Basically accussing me of lying and cheating the cheeky c@@ts. I am livid, as I am always honest, and answe the questions as best I can. THEN THEY HAVE THE CHEEK TO GO ON ABOUT FAIR REWARDS - WHEN, 80% OF THE TIME LATELY, THEY MAKE YOU ANSWER 15-20 QUESTIONS ONLY TO TELL YOU YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!! The truth is they've got the data they need,and these are just methods used not to pay the reward. I've been on to Consumer Affairs this morning, who told me to report this to trading standards in the UK as this is where the business is registered. I can't ring them, as their phone number is charged at international mobile rates from outside the UK, BUT I most certainly am going to send a stinking email of complaint. I would suggest that anybody here who has had issues with this crowd or Irish Opinions do the same. Emailing 'ISABEL' or the site does no good. If there are enough complaints, trading standards will be forced to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you're getting that message on RedC you are making a mistake. Most likely is that the age band at the end doesn't match the date of birth or the under and over 18 figures don't combine to the total number at the start

Email them and they will tell you what you entered that caused the failure - much better than cursing your head off when it's you that slipped up.

RedC are Irish, but I can't see consumer affairs caring anyway

tara2201 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anybody else is having issues with RedCLive surveys? Just recently I am having issues with them where they are sending me high reward surveys (3-5 euros) which take ages to complete. I filled them out and in some cases was surprised to qualify as I am 43. But, 3 times in the last week, I have completed 75%-80% of the surveys honestly, only to be given a message that my answers were 'irregular and did not pass quality control' and 'we ask that you answer questions honestly, and in turn, we provide a fair reward'. Basically accussing me of lying and cheating the cheeky c@@ts. I am livid, as I am always honest, and answe the questions as best I can. THEN THEY HAVE THE CHEEK TO GO ON ABOUT FAIR REWARDS - WHEN, 80% OF THE TIME LATELY, THEY MAKE YOU ANSWER 15-20 QUESTIONS ONLY TO TELL YOU YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!! The truth is they've got the data they need,and these are just methods used not to pay the reward. I've been on to Consumer Affairs this morning, who told me to report this to trading standards in the UK as this is where the business is registered. I can't ring them, as their phone number is charged at international mobile rates from outside the UK, BUT I most certainly am going to send a stinking email of complaint. I would suggest that anybody here who has had issues with this crowd or Irish Opinions do the same. Emailing 'ISABEL' or the site does no good. If there are enough complaints, trading standards will be forced to look into it.

I've used RedC for many years and only got that once when I made a mistake on the number of people under versus over 18 in the house- my own fault.
    You are entering something wrong to get that message. They respond well to emails so drop them a line to find out what YOU did wrong.

What have UK trading standards got to do with it???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

What have UK trading standards got to do with it???
    And what does Isabel in Irish Opinions have to do with RedC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Just taking a look at signing up to just one of these sites.... which one is a good one to start with

Just to address some of the replies here. No, there was NO mistake made. I am very honest when answering these surveys and I take my time and answer honestly. Therefore I use my real age and DOB so I know that theres no way that this should be happening several times. The first time it happened I was surprised, but wondered if perhaps I had hit a wrong answer by mistake. I did email them, and asked what happened, but as has been pointed out here, they just said I had made the mistake. They were hardly going2 say anything else were they?! Its just another way to get out of issuing the payment due. The reason I mentioned IO is because u get similar probs with them. Ok, never been screened out because of 'irregularaties' , but am fed up of similar issues, eg completing 75-80% of a survey only to be told u dont qualify!!!
    IO and redc surveys are based in the UK with offices in London according to consumer affairs here. They referred me to trading standards in the UK. This is explained in my 1st post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

tara2201 wrote: »
    Just to address some of the replies here. No, there was NO mistake made. I am very honest when answering these surveys and I take my time and answer honestly. Therefore I use my real age and DOB so I know that theres no way that this should be happening several times. The first time it happened I was surprised, but wondered if perhaps I had hit a wrong answer by mistake. I did email them, and asked what happened, but as has been pointed out here, they just said I had made the mistake. They were hardly going2 say anything else were they?! Its just another way to get out of issuing the payment due. The reason I mentioned IO is because u get similar probs with them. Ok, never been screened out because of 'irregularaties' , but am fed up of similar issues, eg completing 75-80% of a survey only to be told u dont qualify!!!
    IO and redc surveys are based in the UK with offices in London according to consumer affairs here. They referred me to trading standards in the UK. This is explained in my 1st post.

No one is suggesting that you are not answering honestly. If it's happened several times, you must have made a mistake somewhere. Perhaps your personal details on your account do not match the details you enter to complete a survey. Check them.
    BIB, If RedC were doing this to get out of paying, this thread would be full of complaints.

I have emailed them only to recieve a generic reply about irregularitues. And I checked my profile also which is up 2date qnd as far as I can see, is accurate. Other emails have gone ignored. So what am I supposed to do? Let them walk all over me and call me dishonest? These idsues have stated in the past few weeks. I cannot comment on other peoples experiences. 😴

RedC are an Irish firm based in Clontarf.

If they are saying there are irregularities, there are irregularities. They're probably the most respected market research firm in the country and can't use data that is in any way dodgy. Generally whatever you answered on the question directly before the message is what is not tallying with other information given before so its pretty obvious what you've done wrong.

I could find no address for them on the website. Consumer info told me they were based in uk and to complain to uk trading standards. All I know is that I have always answered their surveys honestly and to the best of my ability. I can't do any more than that and I'm not going to argue with you. I am asking you however, to please stop implying/insinuating that I am being dishonest. I have answered replies on here honestly and with respect, which is more than you have shown me. After that its up to the moderaters.

Consumer Affairs are unlikely to do anything even if they do agree they're Irish (which they are) - no consumer law has been breached here. Ditto UK Trading Standards.

Nobody is insinuating that you're being dishonest - just that you are doing something wrong. Nobody is disrespecting you, but you came in here screaming your head off with severe insults. You are reading things in to posts which are simply not there.

Their address is on every page on their website, by the way - www.redcresearch.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

tara2201, no one here is implying that you are being dishonest, so please stop with that line.

The most likely explanation is that there is an accidental discrepancy somewhere in the data you've entered. It could be a mismatch between your profile data and your answers, or it could be a mismatch between Question X and Question Y.

The best thing to do is contact Red C directly and work with them to figure out the problem. Their contact details are on their website here

http://www.redcresearch.ie/about-red-c-research/contact-details/

As I've already explained, I DID contact them only to be sent an generic email about irregularities. I did also since contact them when similar happened with other surveys and reviewed my profile to make sure it was accurate and up to date. Short of sending a carrier pigeon I'm at a loss as to what else to do! And yes, some people here HAVE basically called me a liar, which I am not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

L1011 wrote: »
    Consumer Affairs are unlikely to do anything even if they do agree they're Irish (which they are) - no consumer law has been breached here. Ditto UK Trading Standards.

Nobody is insinuating that you're being dishonest - just that you are doing something wrong. Nobody is disrespecting you, but you came in here screaming your head off with severe insults. You are reading things in to posts which are simply not there.

Their address is on every page on their website, by the way - www.redcresearch.ie
    Yep, tara went straight into paranoid battle-mode.

I've been kicked out of RedC surveys at the end twice, one time it was my fault(mistyped my age by accident) and the other time I think they mixed up the amount of children in the household with how many adults page but they paid out after I sent them an email about it.

Advertisement