Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

What are iReach like for survey frequency/rewards?

Finding IO to be less frequent these days....not sure if that can be attributed to the summer months or the rebranding/take-over by Valued Opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

What are iReach like for survey frequency/rewards?

Finding IO to be less frequent these days....not sure if that can be attributed to the summer months or the rebranding/take-over by Valued Opinions.

I only get 2-3 surveys a month from ireach, which I suppose is more than some survey companies at the moment. I have done a couple of focus groups for them though which are worth doing if you're in Dublin or Cork, usually €50 for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

With ireach there is none of this not qualifying for surveys as spending a few mins on them. You only get two three a month but you get to complete what you are given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You won't make any significant money front ireach, unless you can attend the focus groups and even they aren't very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Did anyone get the IO survey on financial products for €2. I got to 11% then question asking how close do i feel to my car insurer (asking me to slide an icon to show this) but the page is blank so can't go any further :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

NATLOR wrote: »
    Did anyone get the IO survey on financial products for €2. I got to 11% then question asking how close do i feel to my car insurer (asking me to slide an icon to show this) but the page is blank so can't go any further :confused:

I didn't get that but those ones make me laugh always. "Close?" To an insurance company? Are ya having a laugh? I just want to obey the law for as cheaply as possible. :D:D:D

...I sure as hell don't want to go down the pub with them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The "How close would you sit next to...." on a virtual fûcking sofa ones are ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Yeah, had exactly the same problem with that survey.

I emailed them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

This post has been deleted.

Some of them are infuriating.

If your broadband provider was a yoghurt, what flavour would it be?:

Lychee
    Kiwi
    Radish
    Hokkenheim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Yeah in the same boat as you

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I hate the ones that ask you to ascribe personality traits to a product - warm, fun-loving pots of jam or friendly brands of motor vehicles!
    Or those that ask me how likely I am to discuss an ad with my friends and family? Maybe I'm a bit sad spending time filling out online surveys but I'm not that lacking in social conversation!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Some of them are infuriating.

If your broadband provider was a yoghurt, what flavour would it be?:

Lychee
    Kiwi
    Radish
    Hokkenheim

Marketing folks have just too much money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Marketing folks have just too much money to spend.

SHHHH!!! That's what we're relying on for beer money. Don't let the cat out of the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

dee_mc wrote: »
    Anyone have a €2 IO survey on alcohol? Invitation from IO but it's a RedC survey; error after 77% - no scale to answer the question :( I've emailed them, hopefully it will get sorted as I'm on €8 so this would bring me up to my next voucher.

Update on this: finally had an email response from them today
    'Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing this survey because you did not meet the desired demographic criteria or consumer habits that our client was looking for.'
    Such a cop out! It was clearly an error in the survey, because I didn't suddenly change demographic 77% of the way through the survey!
    Anyway, they've credited me with €1.50 of the €2 reward, which is fair enough. Still haven't made it to my next €10 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

You won't make any significant money front ireach, unless you can attend the focus groups and even they aren't very often.

True and they do v few focus groups outside dublin but still got about 30euro so far this year from then

dee_mc wrote: »
    Update on this: finally had an email response from them today
    'Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing this survey because you did not meet the desired demographic criteria or consumer habits that our client was looking for.'
    Such a cop out! It was clearly an error in the survey, because I didn't suddenly change demographic 77% of the way through the survey!
    Anyway, they've credited me with €1.50 of the €2 reward, which is fair enough. Still haven't made it to my next €10 though!

I think some of these surveys will cut you off at any point if they estimate that you don't use/buy enough of the products or services that are being researched - very unfair IMO. But there's a remedy ... all is fair in love, war and consumption surveys :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

IO allow surveys to kick you out when doing them if the quotas fill by someone else finishing - they allow more starts than spaces to try avoid having to invite more people later on. They used to do the other option of letting everyone finish or drop out before asking for more - would sometimes get invites for a particularly bad survey over and over again!

L1011 wrote: »
    IO allow surveys to kick you out when doing them if the quotas fill by someone else finishing - they allow more starts than spaces to try avoid having to invite more people later on. They used to do the other option of letting everyone finish or drop out before asking for more - would sometimes get invites for a particularly bad survey over and over again!

This is a particularly poor research method, leading to respondents racing through the questions and sacrificing thoughtful replies for speed of completion. What results is a paucity of any kind of qualitative responses that go beyond a tickbox reply.
    The paying sponsors for such 'research' need to clamp down on this approach to market research if they want to achieve anything useful from the exercise. I have expressed my 'opinion' of this to IO and informed them that I now take the quickest route through their surveys to avoid expulsion - their loss really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Does anyone else notice that the IO email notifications show up in inbox nearly an hour after they are supposedly sent? Have noticed that a few times now and missed out on surveys?

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice that the IO email notifications show up in inbox nearly an hour after they are supposedly sent? Have noticed that a few times now and missed out on surveys?

Appears to be a gmail related issue as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

L1011 wrote: »
    Appears to be a gmail related issue as far as I can tell.

Yeah im with Gmail. Really annoying sometimes, especially when im close to another €10

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I'm never doing a GFK survey again, just got the "Unfortunately you did not meet the desired demographic" message after completing 100% with IO. This happens 9/10 times for me with them no matter the survey panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wattiepad

jackoire wrote: »
    Swagbucks is only worth doing if you have an android device for playing videos.
    PM me for a guide if you like.

What android app do you use to play videos? I've tried installing a swagbucks video app on my phone but failed because apparently it's not available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

wattiepad wrote: »
    What android app do you use to play videos? I've tried installing a swagbucks video app on my phone but failed because apparently it's not available in Ireland.

I have encountered the same problem, can only watch videos on laptop with swagbucks.

jackoire wrote: »
    I'm never doing a GFK survey again, just got the "Unfortunately you did not meet the desired demographic" message after completing 100% with IO. This happens 9/10 times for me with them no matter the survey panel.

I'd email them and complain. 100% completed and then rejected is not on!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Toxica wrote: »
    I have encountered the same problem, can only watch videos on laptop with swagbucks.

I have the old versions of the apps installed, i never updated them. Guess the newer ones don't work in Ireland.

First experience of Userneeds support - apology for a survey screening out over halfway through and a full credit for the points - within a day. IO could learn a lesson there!

Got me over a tenner and have 40 from Acumen so that's a 50 quid Dunnes voucher for the stack. Well over 50 on RedC now also, so should have that arrive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Did some survey for IO, halfway through it asks me if I bought anything from certain types of stores then gives the message saying you aren't part of the group.

Why didn't the ask this before asking me half the questions. Tempted to complain about this one as I spent decent bit of time on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Did some survey for IO, halfway through it asks me if I bought anything from certain types of stores then gives the message saying you aren't part of the group.

Why didn't the ask this before asking me half the questions. Tempted to complain about this one as I spent decent bit of time on it.

I sent them an email with this exact complaint. The survey was worth €2.50 for 40 minutes. I had spent 20 minutes on it (roughly) before I got kicked out! :mad:

Advertisement