Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

I sent them an email with this exact complaint. The survey was worth €2.50 for 40 minutes. I had spent 20 minutes on it (roughly) before I got kicked out! :mad:

Lots of graphical stuff with a cartoon reporter guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I close that stupid sodding survey the second I see the 'reporter'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Lots of graphical stuff with a cartoon reporter guy?

Ya, that's the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I was also kicked out of the same survey about 10 mins into it.
    I suspect they had got the answers they were looking for as the "reporter" commented that my answers were "super so far", or words to that effect, just before kicking me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Ditto for that survey, about 10 minutes in. Far too much info gleaned before being kicked out. This is the kind of 'survey' that gives real research a bad name. If I ever see that reporter pop up again, I'll kick myself out first! Or maybe give a pile of answers that are completely up the left :pac:

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Ditto for that survey, about 10 minutes in. Far too much info gleaned before being kicked out. This is the kind of 'survey' that gives real research a bad name. If I ever see that reporter pop up again, I'll kick myself out first! Or maybe give a pile of answers that are completely up the left :pac:

I was thinking the exact same, at first I thought I would just not do it but then thought I can usually figure out what the answer they want is so I'll just give that for the money they owe me :D

I was thinking the exact same, at first I thought I would just not do it but then thought I can usually figure out what the answer they want is so I'll just give that for the money they owe me :D

Something about monkeys and peanuts comes to mind ...

There are some surveys where by the end (or near it) the answers amount to a pile of drivel, as your will to live vanishes into the ether :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Something about monkeys and peanuts comes to mind ...

There are some surveys where by the end (or near it) the answers amount to a pile of drivel, as your will to live vanishes into the ether :o

Don't do them if you don't want to. They are not compulsory. I made over 300 with IO alone last year and similar the year before. All for passing my time watching TV. I answer honestly and earn with little effort.

Don't do them if you don't want to. They are not compulsory. I make over 300 with IO alone last year and similar the year before. All for passing my time watching TV. I answer honestly and earn with little effort.

I didn't say I didn't want to - please don't put words into my mouth. I said SOME surveys are problematic in their repetitious questions that go on and on, beyond the point of being worth the rewards, and these are the ones where responses are likely to be worthless towards the end of the long haul.

I'm happy that you're happy to keep answering these ad infinitum. My guess is that most people aren't ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't do them if you don't want to. They are not compulsory. I made over 300 with IO alone last year and similar the year before. All for passing my time watching TV. I answer honestly and earn with little effort.

You're in a rarer demographic than a lot here - I got 180 or so from IO last year and that was with virtually nothing to do in work so I was clicking everything immediately. This year looks better - 110 ordered so far - though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Did anybody do the survey on thursday/friday for consumer goods FROM IO? Completed the survey but didnt get the credit for it yet. Have emailed to see if there is a delay as this will bring me over my next €10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Gotten about 5 IO invites in the past few days, two of which I responded to within seconds of the notification. Got told there were no surveys available for me rather than I didn't meet the demographic.
    Coincidence that I'm 50c off my next €10? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Gotten about 5 IO invites in the past few days, two of which I responded to within seconds of the notification. Got told there were no surveys available for me rather than I didn't meet the demographic.

This keeps happening me too.. or they say they have met their target which is impossible as I just got the email! very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

mimimcmc wrote: »
    This keeps happening me too.. or they say they have met their target which is impossible as I just got the email! very annoying!

Is your email a gmail one? I get the notification of a new email but when i look at when it was sent - it was an hour earlier so survey does be closed/full by the time i get the email. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    mimimcmc wrote: »

Same here. I use a hotmail.com address. :confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

And I'm yahoo, so I don't think that matters..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Red C survey today on fish stuck on 44% as video won't load. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Red C survey today on fish stuck on 44% as video won't load. :(

Have you got Ad-Blocker installed? Stopped me seeing a video before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

mickzer wrote: »
    Have you got Ad-Blocker installed? Stopped me seeing a video before.

Yes, but it would be the first time I have had playback problems with RedC videos. Will keep it in mind if I have an issue in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

IO survey on jewellery brands got stuck on me last night - anyone else? Mandatory question about Tiffanys but no place to enter an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

IO survey on jewellery brands got stuck on me last night - anyone else? Mandatory question about Tiffanys but no place to enter an answer.
    I took that survey but had no problems getting through it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

NATLOR wrote: »
    I took that survey but had no problems getting through it

Also had no problems with that survey.

The old reliable, and handy €3.50, automotive survey was back today. And a short simple banking one for €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

How does everyone feel this year is going compared to previous years survey incomes?

Opinionworld was doing great for me all year but seems to have started drying up.

So far this year I am at:
    €70 Irish Opinions
    €55 Opinion World
    €10 Toluna
    €20 Mysurvey

Does anyone have any tips?

Am I missing any major sites? (also have ideaspanel but not reached cash out yet).

I feel like last year was definitely better with IO but didnt do Opinionworld last year so have nothing to compare it to

€12 in the past two days from IO.

Total from all surveys so far this year exceeds €225. About in line with the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

€12 in the past two days from IO.

Total from all surveys so far this year exceeds €225. About in line with the usual.

Do you mind me asking if you use any sites additional to IO, Opinionworld, Toluna, Mysurvey, ideas panel?

Not sure if I am missing any of the big ones and prefer to get them recommended as I'm afraid to google in case some of them are scams

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking if you use any sites additional to IO, Opinionworld, Toluna, Mysurvey, ideas panel?

Not sure if I am missing any of the big ones and prefer to get them recommended as I'm afraid to google in case some of them are scams

Acumen is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭pgj2015

anyone getting these daily media surveys from ideas panel? its all i have been getting from them lately, i used to do them before but the reward is pathetic.

I keep getting this at the end of my surveys, bit worried Im not getting paid for them.
    Our website is currently unavailable. We are conducting planned maintenance in order to provide you with an optimal online experience. During this time, the website and surveys are not accessible. Rest assured we’re working to complete this maintenance as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please try again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Cork2015! wrote: »
    How does everyone feel this year is going compared to previous years survey incomes?

Opinionworld was doing great for me all year but seems to have started drying up.

So far this year I am at:
    €70 Irish Opinions
    €55 Opinion World
    €10 Toluna
    €20 Mysurvey

Does anyone have any tips?

Am I missing any major sites? (also have ideaspanel but not reached cash out yet).

I feel like last year was definitely better with IO but didnt do Opinionworld last year so have nothing to compare it to
    http://www.redclive.ie

Advertisement