Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new Spec...overdue upgrads

Options
  • 16-03-2006 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭

Prepare to cry and turn green with envy.......orderd two days ago and due to arrive the end of the month.

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+ with HT Tech.
    Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower +550W PSU - Black
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX
    6x USB Ports, GB LAN, Dual Channel Memory, 8 Channel Audio, 4x SATA ,2x UDMA, RAID 0,RAID1,RAID 0+1
    2048MB DDR400 Memory - PC3200 (2x1024)
    600GB (2x 300GB Serial ATA Hard Drives)
    CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive (52x32x52x16)
    SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW
    2x 512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX- Dual DVI,HDTV & TV-Out + DVI - PCI-Express :eek:
    20" Viewsonic VA2012W Digital & Multi Media Widescreen TFT Display
    CreativeLabs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
    Creative Labs Inspire T7900 - 7.1 Surround with Subwoofer
    Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Rechargeable Cordless Mouse

Ah yes...I have just the spot in my house for it....so many games to play so little time. Need to sell my old computer though see the thread below in my sig.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

2x 512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX- Dual DVI,HDTV & TV-Out + DVI - PCI-Express

Nice! Would like to see 3dmarks of this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

How much did that beast set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower +550W PSU - Black

What make is the PSU? Did you order it as a completely built system from mesh by any chance? I'd be very careful to even overclock that system by a fraction

Maybe a better idea to buy a decent PSU and stick it in yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ye, i wouldnt trust the generic psu out of any old case with all that hardware :confused: . Awsome machine otherwise, what you paying for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Do NASA know your ordering this? They should!

Aren't these the same specs in Hank Scorpio's machine?

I bet solitaire will look amazing on this!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

High end spec, can't go wrong....though if you really wanna go nuts, get the new 150GB Raptor as your primary drive/OS then a 300 gig drive for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I second (or third?) the better PSU idea. No point in spending so much and skimping on the PSU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yeah its a Mesh machine alright...I know the PSU may not be a super Enermax one but this was soo cheap, even cheaper than getting everything from overclockers.co.uk and putting it together myself. It cost a shade under 4000 euro with delivery....yeah yeah I know I could get it a bit cheaper by really shopping around for the individual bits but with this I get a 3 year warrenty. I build my last 2 computers myself but this time I decided to just get it all together. A similar alienware system would be 5000 - 6000 euro. Dell XPS 4700 euro. Evesham 4300 euro. Komplett - if in stock? about 4200 euro.
    I had a mesh before and used the powersupply to power a handbuilt overclocked computer for years it was fine. Will not be overclocking but if I were to I would strongly think about getting a higher rated PSU from a quality supplier. I assume the PSU they supply however will run this machine stable.......lads your runing my buzz...

P.S. The PSU is a Hec 550w. Looks nice but never heard of that brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Review of the 480W version of that PSU - looks ok.

Review of the 550W model - not a pro review though
    Nice spec BTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

:eek:

That is some beast. I wouldn't even know what to do with that kind of power. But like was said, a better PSU might be an option. But i'm guessing you won't be trying out any overclocking in the near future anyway, seeing as how its stock 3dmark score would probably beat most here. By the time you do you'll probably have decided on a new psu anyway, plus I hear that the new nm technology of nvidia means their 7900's won't be drawing as much power as the 7800's. Plus Mesh know what they are doing putting together a system like that.

It doesn't say on Mesh's website, but are you going to set up those SATAs in a RAID0?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JakTheHat

Thats a nice setup. You shouldnt have to upgrade for a while. You can always take it apart and put it back together again just to say you built it yourself.:) Just kidding. Well ware man.

Arrived monday....OMG its great....I have not slept in days....so fast...Halflife 2 makes me motion sick at such a frame rate....F.E.A.R makes my eyes shed tears of blood.

Supprisingly quiet and a very nice case...like the wide screen monitor too except it has one sub pixel defect....

Now how to pay the credit card bill....any suggestions...do I need both my livers?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Arrived monday....OMG its great....I have not slept in days....so fast...Halflife 2 makes me motion sick at such a frame rate....F.E.A.R makes my eyes shed tears of blood.

Supprisingly quiet and a very nice case...like the wide screen monitor too except it has one sub pixel defect....

Now how to pay the credit card bill....any suggestions...do I need both my livers?
    You only have one liver, if your lucky. Try the kidneys!;)

Wow.. really:rolleyes: ? two kidneys and one liver? I can see you however have no funny bone;) Your about as sharp as a bouncy castle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I hate you. Whats your superPi score :)

To how many itterations? Dont really use superpi so I dont know the standard testing proceedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Wow.. really:rolleyes: ? two kidneys and one liver? I can see you however have no funny bone;) Your about as sharp as a bouncy castle. :D
    Well its nice to eduacate and inform people. I hope you feel enriched by my wise words. I know your a better person now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

To how many itterations? Dont really use superpi so I dont know the standard testing proceedure.
    1 million :)

Advertisement