Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain Samsung 40" LCD models

• 16-03-2006 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I was just about to buy a Samsung 40" LCD TV LE40R51 (the one with "triangular" shape, <€2000 in PC-World) when I noticed a LE40M61 on Samsung UK website which looks a newer version.

Anyone has any thoughts? Is there a real difference. Some suggestion of a new panel, is it really any better. In UK it's about €500 more expensive, but can't see it in Ireland??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

GerryA wrote:
    I was just about to buy a Samsung 40" LCD TV LE40R51 (the one with "triangular" shape, <€2000 in PC-World) when I noticed a LE40M61 on Samsung UK website which looks a newer version.

Anyone has any thoughts? Is there a real difference. Some suggestion of a new panel, is it really any better. In UK it's about €500 more expensive, but can't see it in Ireland??

Thanks
    Read:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le40r51bxxeu.asp

and this:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le32m61bxxeu.asp

and report back your findings

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Well, the LE40M61 won the 2005 Eisa Award being described as the "quintessential Flat Screen TV". The r415 didn't... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

GerryA wrote:

Thanks

I think you'll find that that price of 2000 euro is now 2200 in the Currys, dixons, pcworld cartel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

MarkR wrote:
    Well, the LE40M61 won the 2005 Eisa Award being described as the "quintessential Flat Screen TV". The r415 didn't... :D

I bought the M61 from komplett there last month and its a thing of beauty. Cant stand that silver band on the 51's

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was thinking about getting one from komplett (when I buy), but shipping was mental at like 500! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

MarkR wrote:
    I was thinking about getting one from komplett (when I buy), but shipping was mental at like 500! :D

wow - never looked before but that is an expensive shipping cost.
    Seeing as www.katronics.de can ship the same screen for euro80 from Germany and Komplett 200+ euro from Dublin ????

Advertisement