Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holsten Premier League of Darts - Week 4

Options
  • 16-03-2006 1:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So after a two week break Premier League darts is back on our screens tonight. The lieup for tonights matches is as follows:

2006 Holsten Premier League Darts
    Night Four, Wolverhampton Civic
    Phil Taylor v Wayne Mardle
    Peter Manley v Colin Lloyd
    Roland Scholten v Wayne Mardle
    Ronnie Baxter v Peter Manley

Live on Sky Sports One, 7.30pm

The most notable thing about tonights matches is the abscence of Barney, who for whatever reason, is not present and Wolverhampton tonight. He will howver be playing two matches next week in Bournmouth, one of which includes the eagerly awaited match between himself and Taylor.

The first match sees the second meeting of Taylor and Mardle. The first game between the two was an excellent match that could have gone either way but taylor eventually won it 8-6. Mardle is fresh off his first tournament victory since 2004 so confidence will be high and he really has to win at least one match tonight as he has yet to get any points so far in the league. if im honest though I think taylor will win it but expect another close match.

Manley and Lloyd should be an interesting match up. Lloyd has been poor so far in the league and the win he got against Manley the last time they met was very lucky. Manley should have won it but effectively threw it away. Lloyd needs points badly but really needs to pick up his game in order to get them against Manley who is hard to beat. However I expect Lloyd to come out on top.

Third match of the night sees Mardle back again to face Scholten. For me this is the match that Mardle must win to get himself some points. Scholten is very unpredictable, he can be brilliant one week hitting 180's for fun and awful the next with an average in the low 80's. It depends on which Scholten turns up but I think with Mardle knowing he has to win this I think he will.

The final match of the night sees Baxter up against Manley who is back for his second match. Baxter can be very good at times and I believe we have yet to see the best of him in the league so far. His performances havent been great but I know he has the talent to do well. Manley again will be his usual self averaging around the 90 mark. This one could go all the way.

So a great night of darts ahead of us and a great excuse to stay in and save our money for tomorrows sessions :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Results from Last nights Darts:

Thursday March 16:

Phil Taylor 8-2 Wayne Mardle

Peter Manley 8-6 Colin Lloyd

Roland Scholten 8-3 Wayne Mardle

Ronnie Baxter 8-3 Peter Manley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

comfortable win for Taylor against mardle, the match really failed to hit the heights of their previous encounters. Now just looking forward to his clash with barney which i'll be in holland for, sohave to find a decent little pub to watch that one in!:D

Advertisement