Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie PSP movie questions

• 16-03-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Can anyone answer these q's for me please ?

How long does it take to convert a standard movie DVD to a format that's compatible with the PSP ?

What would the average size of the PSP movie file be ?

What capacity does the UMD hold ?

Also, does anyone know if there are any PSPs to buy new with firmware Version 2.0 or less in Ireland ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

UMDs hold 1.8 GB... but I dunno why you'd ask that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Seeing how many movies I might fit on a memory stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

you won't get a new v2.0 or lss in a shop in ireland. check the for sale section here or ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks for that !

First trip into PS land - am a Ninty Boy at heart !!!

Does the GBA emulator run well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Short answer... no.

SNES one is great though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

sega emu runs well too. homebrew scene is really good atm what with os shells, emus, solid homebrew games.etc;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

long_b wrote:
    How long does it take to convert a standard movie DVD to a format that's compatible with the PSP ?

Depends on your processor. :)

I have a dual core 3800+ and it takes around 20 minutes to do a 45 minute episode at absolutely maximum quality with just one core (equivalent to around a 3200+).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

sorry to dig up this thread but i have a emac 1ghz,512mb ram,encoding from dvd to psp is taking up to 10 hrs...this cant be right am i using a inefficient program(using handbrake)?

Advertisement