Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephant's Dream - a Blender Movie Project

Options
  • 16-03-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Orange

I just wanted to give people a head's up on an animated film that is being made using open-source and free software - primarily Blender as far as I know. I'm in a bit of a rush, so I'll mainly quote:
    Orange is an animation studio set up in Amsterdam, Netherlands for the purpose of making an animated short film
    Throughout our production, we’re going to use and favour open source software tools such as blender all the way. We’re also going to release all of our production files, 3D models, textures, animation as Creative Commons open content on the extended edition DVD for you to inspect and use however you please.

The film - Elephant's Dream - is premiering in Amsterdam this month. DVD is expected next month, and Internet downloads in early May. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

class:) i hope their good modellers

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DSLC

This film was released yesterday - http://www.elephantsdream.org/ .
    Excluding the credits, it's only nine minutes long, but it's very impressive nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

It took them ages to get all the releases done. When I see the breath of releases however, it is understandable.
    Fair Play to them all !!!

Advertisement