Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People that annoy you!

Options
  • 16-03-2006 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

So who annoys you? Discuss!

The people that annoy me are the Anti War crowd, they stand outside lynch's castle all day moaning about something that is totally out of their control, they are not US Citizens so they cant vote in US problems it makes no difference what they say. AAARRGGGHHHH

im as Anti War as the next but come on!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Those guys outside the AIB on Shop St who hold up the placards for restaurants and sex shops and what not. I just know they're really government spies/super ninja robots...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Charity muggers.

There are too many. Their market is now saturated. And I have an issue with the concept of "charity" in this context in the first place.

I could get into a long tirade about the evils of the world keeping the poor under their hobnail Dolce Gabbana boot, but I'll refrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

SyxPak wrote:
    Charity muggers.

Those people at the checkouts in supermarkets .. no not the cashiers ... the ones offering to pack your bags with the really big buckets for putting the money ...going please support our club / charity / organisation ... it works is the problem and you get people feeling guilty ... and then they give money ...

I'd much prefer to support concern .. than some local school's XYZ ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

that ****ing twat before the movies in the eye cinema ...

first time it was grand ...

"but if there's one thing I hate" ... .its that twat every ****ing time

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

The lads and ladies that can't understand the concept of a queue. I mean we'd all get served alot quicker if it was single file not 3 across and they know what they wanted. There is no need for pushing, people get frustrated and can loss concentration on what they were trying to pick just delaying the queue.

On a side note - If changing an item have it with you and not at the bottom of some mysteriously deep bag with your reciept and your credit card in hand for the refund not fiddling in your pocket while i'm still waiting 20 mins into a 2min purchase that can't be run through because they are already halfway through your refund.

end RANT;
    system.exit(0);

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

The people that annoy me are the Anti War crowd, they stand outside lynch's castle all day moaning about something that is totally out of their control, they are not US Citizens so they cant vote in US problems it makes no difference what they say. AAARRGGGHHHH

With their ****ing black shamrocks - Spare me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

So who annoys you? Discuss!QUOTE]

People who don't call a Spade a Spade!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

those buggers with the pan pipes down shop street...

i hate pan pipes... can you imagine having to work around there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

At least they're trying. At the very least it'll make sure that history doesn't see us as a bunch of complete warmongering twats and at most will infect the mindset of the young'uns who would otherwise grow up believing that war is a normal part of the world.

So to answer your question, you! And chuggers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

grasshopa wrote:
    At least they're trying. At the very least it'll make sure that history doesn't see us as a bunch of complete warmongering twats and at most will infect the mindset of the young'uns who would otherwise grow up believing that war is a normal part of the world.

So to answer your question, you! And chuggers. :)

Excuse me but what are they trying to achieve? They have achieved nothing the majority of them have nothing better to do with their time there have been Wars since the dawn of time and there are going to be wars in the future thats a fact. Do they actually believe that Ireland is a major player on the world front and that if we say something then people and nations will actually listen to us about Iraq? Not a hope son. They are NOT us Citizens therefore they have no reason to complain about the US Administration as they are not citizens so they can not vote to change what is going on. Sure they can go oh stop the war like come on they are shouting out in Galway City to ordinary people who are just walking up and down town minding their own business certainely not Tony or Dubya, the Iraq war is out of our control and the quicker they learn that then the quicker they shut up nothing they do matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Spot the irony anybody?

i am anti war i just dont see the point in fighting for a lost cause, the insurgents dont care if ur a peace activist they will still kidnap you and hold you for ransom and if you dont pay the money your dead

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Insurgents in Galway? In SuperMacs?

Peaceloving Mr AirCorps, someone will have to stand up against Americas war on the world, but I guess it won't be you, huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭daveathome_16

that bi*** that sits down that lane accross from blacoe jewelers asking for money. she doesnt even look like a proper homeless person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I'm not making this thread political, sick of debating that.

That ahem... "bum" that sits beside the ATM of AIB at the bottom of shop street (just when people have taken money out!). Doesn't look like a bum, expensive looking backpacker jacket, and I see him walking elsewhere late at night with bags of stuff. He pretends he gets feck all when really he has a pocket full of money on the front of the jacket.

Fsck him. Fsck him with a rusty fork.

BoI ATM surely? On Mainguard St., between the pound shop and Tigh Cóilí?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

"That ahem... "bum" that sits beside the ATM of AIB at the bottom of shop street"

Don't be so hard on him, as far as I know he is walking off to sleep down near the docks(there is someone down there anyway). Even if its not the case if the guy is desperate enough to swallow his pride and beg on the street he has earned the odd euro I drop him.
    Now chuggers really get my goat,:mad: they try to make it sound like they are noble and into the random cause that happens to be on their clip board when they step in front of you grinning like retarded apes but they often to forget to tell you they are paid to do so by a co. who takes a large chunk of the donation. Give your money direct. At least the beggers are honest when they come at you with their hand out unlike those clip board weilding conmen.

Excuse me while I take my blood pressure pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

I cant stand those Gob$hites that hang around the clubs after a good/bad nite out trying to sell you roses,if you havent scored by then a burger and chips in supermacs might wing it for ya,plus it pi$$es me off something serious that people would give them money when its people from these backgrounds that are bloody scimming our atm machines

bit of racism goin on there

It's spelt "skimming".

Are you confident that the people selling roses on the street at the weekends are even from the same country as some of the gangs involved in the ATM operations?

If not, please stfu. Blowing off a bit of steam is fine an well, but please don't embarress yourself by knocking people who [I believe] are trying to make a bit of bread when your own neighbour may very well be poisoning your ground water.

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    It's spelt "skimming".

Are you confident that the people selling roses on the street at the weekends are even from the same country as some of the gangs involved in the ATM operations?

If not, please stfu. Blowing off a bit of steam is fine an well, but please don't embarress yourself by knocking people who [I believe] are trying to make a bit of bread when your own neighbour may very well be poisoning your ground water.
    did i mention any other country in my post,maybe read my post again and you will see that no country was mentioned,any way from reading other forums especially on the skimming devices what i have to say is mild,my understanding is alot of the people in these organised scams are from eastern european countries,as ive read in many newspapers,
    anyhow it looks like everyone is entitled to an opinion and in my opinion they dont look irish,and thats mine

did i mention any other country in my post,maybe read my post again and you will see that no country was mentioned,any way from reading other forums especially on the skimming devices what i have to say is mild,my understanding is alot of the people in these organised scams are from eastern european countries,as ive read in many newspapers,
    anyhow it looks like everyone is entitled to an opinion and in my opinion they dont look irish,and thats mine
    and as a matter of discussion the thread is "people that annoy you" and ive just said what type of people annoy me,no mention of racial sarcasm in my posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

people in bus queues.
    leaving no room for people to get off the bus won't get you on it any ****ing quicker, numbnuts

and coloured folk as well...

that silver robot busker guy especially ^_^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Buskers.

All of them, in particular the ones who are just bourgeouis hippies with starter beards, a romantic ideal of dreadlocks and a set of bongos.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

grasshopa wrote:
    I'm not making this thread political, sick of debating that.

That ahem... "bum" that sits beside the ATM of AIB at the bottom of shop street (just when people have taken money out!). Doesn't look like a bum, expensive looking backpacker jacket, and I see him walking elsewhere late at night with bags of stuff. He pretends he gets feck all when really he has a pocket full of money on the front of the jacket.

Fsck him. Fsck him with a rusty fork.
    He probably won it on a slot machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

nakedchef you are right these guys really annoy me,the guys are also in town selling the big issue and they come right up at your face to try and sell it.and the other worse thing is the old ladys(donot know where there form) that have gold teeth and gold rings/jewellery and are begging for money.they should just sell off there jewellery and they will be billionaires:D

all the nerds on boards.ie annoy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

People who say "No I'm sweet enough", when you ask them do they want sugar in their tea.

wow didnt think id open up such a can of worms he he continue folks:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

dave, im not a nerd.;)

Advertisement