Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK Auctions - Anyone buy there?

Options
  • 16-03-2006 4:59pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    I have come across www.auctionview.co.uk or www.british-car-auctions.co.uk and there is a serious amount of motors to check out.

You have to pay to get a 1 months view but I did that there today and got a price of 9500 for a 2003 Audi A4 130bhp with 67000 miles.

Now u have to be there unless u have bought 3 or more cars in the year which u can then bid online.

But has anyone any experience in buying in UK auctions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

yop wrote:
    Lads
    I have come across www.auctionview.co.uk or www.british-car-auctions.co.uk and there is a serious amount of motors to check out.

You have to pay to get a 1 months view but I did that there today and got a price of 9500 for a 2003 Audi A4 130bhp with 67000 miles.

Now u have to be there unless u have bought 3 or more cars in the year which u can then bid online.

But has anyone any experience in buying in UK auctions?

You dont fancy sharing your username and password ?:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sure I will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Any other A4's im looking for a 2.5 Tdi with quattro. Save me the hassle of signing up I'll send you Karma.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I will have a look for u tomorrow, I will be looking @ the audis so will take note of any Quattros

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Yop I know this is old but....................

Did you actually buy from BCA in the end or have you heard any more info about buying from them.

From what I hear a lot of the small independent garages buy a lot of their Audi's, BMW's etc there and then sell on to the orinary punter in Ireland.

There has to be a fair cost saving in buying direct yourself:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

yop wrote:
    but I did that there today and got a price of 9500 for a 2003 Audi A4 130bhp with 67000 miles.

That's not exactly cheap, an 02 with 33k miles went on eBay two weeks ago for £7,299.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Anan1 wrote:
    That's not exactly cheap, an 02 with 33k miles went on eBay two weeks ago for £7,299.

Fair enough but wouldn't buying off ebay would be risky due to clocking etc

AFAIO cars lited on BCA would be from rental companies, finance repo's etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Naux wrote:
    Fair enough but wouldn't buying off ebay would be risky due to clocking etc

AFAIO cars lited on BCA would be from rental companies, finance repo's etc

Not if you're careful, do a full HPI check, only buy with FSH, check history with dealer, make sure all documents match the numbers on the car etc.

Advertisement