Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript, css and maybe one other thing

Options
  • 16-03-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

I have googled with no joy

Maybe someone here can answer the following

I saw this in the source of a website before

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/global.js?16"></script>

what or why is "?16" there?

ALso does anyone know any decent file upload that allows for file preview after you have uploaded? no dbs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I have googled with no joy

Maybe someone here can answer the following

I saw this in the source of a website before

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/global.js?16"></script>

You split the url of the file on ? and get 16 which is an id of some sort, I would imaging. However, without the javascript source code, it's impossible to determine what they were doing with it.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    ALso does anyone know any decent file upload that allows for file preview after you have uploaded? no dbs
    Something that simple? Why not write your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I tried writing it, but IE is the only one that will allow for dynamic previewing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ph3n0m wrote:
    It's just input to the script, either to the javascript directly or the underlying scripting language if it's dynamically generated. Google QUERY_STRING.

Advertisement