Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please dont kill me... I WANT THE HOLS TO END

Options
  • 16-03-2006 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

I'm slowly being driven crazy

no wait strike that, not slowly its a very fast process I HAVE turned crazy. I need to get back to the normality of not going to lectures and dossing around Bellfield.
    Yes I know its only Thursday week one of break but I'm so close to checking into a padded cell. I'm heading back to Dublin next week coz I cant take anymore of this bollox. (oh and theres no need to point out that i probably wont survive the summer at this rate, I'd rather not think about it)

But enough about me hows the break going for everyone else?

Oh and another question specifically for my fellow culchies have you noticed that your accent is getting stronger?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Well stay up in Dublin for the 3 weeks, always something to do if you don't want to study! There's no way I'd spend the break down in Roscommon!

And on question number 2, I never really had much of an accent but what little I did have seems to have disappeared and I just have a neutral non-accent

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow I never realised Carlow was THAT boring.:confused:
    Scraggs wrote:
    But enough about me hows the break going for everyone else?

OK, but I haven't been back to Belfield yet. Not looking forward to my big library fine. I did have to take two short loan books out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I've been in college more over the last week than during term, my labs are coming to an end and I'm furiously trying to get them finished on time so not bored at all, though my friends don't have labs so they're not in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Break?

What break?

I've been in college all day this week...well... cept today...and monday... So basically I've maintained the same glorious level of attendance as during term.

All I did was play pool and smoke with peacheh n co.... So also the same level of studiousness from the both of us as well.

Count yourself lucky darlin, you're a firstie and you've still got 2 weeks off... I'd kill to be you.
    Wow I never realised Carlow was THAT boring.
    Sums it up really, dunnit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

TheVan wrote:
    And on question number 2, I never really had much of an accent but what little I did have seems to have disappeared and I just have a neutral non-accent
    Dont kid yourself they dont exist:)

MNG wrote:
    Wow I never realised Carlow was THAT boring.
    Its not that bad really... theres just nobody around -they're all in other colleges and I dont know any of the IT students and they look at me funny
    Seb wrote:
    Count yourself lucky darlin, you're a firstie and you've still got 2 weeks off... I'd kill to be you.
    Ah but you're happy to be leaving its just those exams that are puttin ya off...

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    Ah but you're happy to be leaving its just those exams that are puttin ya off...
    I was before I met you :(

Hahahahahahaha - God I crack me up... Anyway, yeah I was happy to be leaving, but ya know the closer I get to the finishline the more I don't wanna leave, if that makes any sense. I felt really sad after doing my last Belfield FM show for example, Grimes practically had to cradle me in his arms and wipe away my bitter tears of regret... Er... Anyway...

So yeah. Make the most of ur time here.

Or end up a bitter cynical bum like... who dya think?!

SebtheBum wrote:
    I was before I met you :(
    O you know its true:rolleyes:
    Or end up a bitter cynical bum like... who dya think?!
    hmmmmm who could you be referring to? hmmm...

So yeah. Make the most of ur time here.
    yeah I've been trying to that.. One example of that is I've become more friendly.. I make an effort to talk to people and I'm trying to lose the shyness thats previously plagued me! I even went to a boards beers which this time last year I would have been just too shy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Scraggs wrote:
    O you know its true:rolleyes:

hmmmmm who could you be referring to? hmmm...

yeah I've been trying to that.. One example of that is I've become more friendly.. I make an effort to talk to people and I'm trying to lose the shyness thats previously plagued me! I even went to a boards beers which this time last year I would have been just too shy!

Ahhh scraggs you are just lovely!!I know what you mean bout the shyness I was really shy when I first came to college and still am a lot of the time,but we all have differnt ways to cover up our shyness!Fair play for overcoming your shyness at the boards beers-u see we dont bite:)

I'll be in UCD next week to return my books and fork over €20+ to that sweet old librarian.:rolleyes:

If a few of us are around why don't we all meet up at the bar?

I've not been to the student bar in 2006 yet. I'd like to change that situation.:cool:

I swear to God MNG that if you actually turn up it will be the finest moment in my year - nay, my entire 3 year undergraduate degree!

I'll be in all week, so name date n time.
    Course then there's the next proper beers on the 31st, and the Boards Awards on the 1st...

We're gonna be knackered by April 2nd, I tell ya...

• Advertisement

so am I but I'm way too sceptical to take up that offer:cool:

I've not been to the student bar in 2006 yet. I'd like to change that situation.:cool:
    Ooooh yes good idea.. I cant actually remember the last time I was in the bar due to copious amounts of alcohol consumed the last time and I've forgotten what the place looks like...so I just have to go now dont I!

Will you turn uo though?

I'll give ya a fiver if ya do...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Scraggs wrote:

Just remember that in UCD, you are just one of many, and that even if you mess up with someone,UCD is soooo big that you will just be background visual for the once or twice you meet them.

Scraggs wrote:
    Will you turn uo though?

I'll give ya a fiver if ya do...

I'll turn up. I might hold you to that fiver. It will help pay my fine. ;)
    Seb wrote:
    I swear to God MNG that if you actually turn up it will be the finest moment in my year - nay, my entire 3 year undergraduate degree!

I'll be in all week, so name date n time.

How about Monday or is that maybe too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

That's mental! I've been there twice this week alone. I practically live ther, the barmen usually remember my usual... though that#s probably a worrying sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah, I never go to the Student Bars unless I'm dragged there.
    Been to each bar once since September.

This week's a little unusual cuz I haven't been to both bars, the forum looked very dead on tuesday so just the student bar. I hate the way even when it's quiet like on a tuesday evening they still have the music up full volume so tasteless so and sos can torture me with bad 90s dance music:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scraggsy, can ya not get a job ya bum? :p I haven't had a chance to be bored tbh! Not that I've been particularly busy actually :confused: My day goes like this... wake up at 5.35am, go to work, finish at 11am, pick up some burger king, go home, go on the computer for a while, have a nap around 12.30pm, for an hour or so, then wake up and feel like sh!t for the next hour or so, then go on the computer for a while, then maybe ring a friend or take the dog for a walk.

So as you can see, my days are filled with excitement...! lol. Gonna have to get a start on some of those essays actually :/ f*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If Mr.Nice Guy ever shows his face at a beers I'll have a sex change!

Anyway, woohooo! A whole 3 weeks away from hell and then by May I'll be outta hell for a whole 4 months baby!!!! Oooh yeah! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Actually I have 2 years and 2 months left in this place.... can't come sooner enough. Roll on May 2008!

If Mr.Nice Guy ever shows his face at a beers I'll have a sex change!

If I hold you that to that then you're fooked.

We'd have to call you Shirley Temple Bar from RTE2. :D

Could you make Monday beers Zanemeister?

• Advertisement

Just back form the pubs everybody is locked i couldnt catch up:o can wait til tomorrow
    DaveMcG wrote:
    Scraggsy, can ya not get a job ya bum? :p I haven't had a chance to be bored tbh!
    I've two actually! been workin my own extra hours and another girls...
    I think its hte freedom thats my problem rather than boredom the more i think about it... its gone all claustrophobic
    I'll go monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seriously if you think having three weeks off is bad, enroll yourself into computer science in dit, as this year we got 6 weeks at christmas :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Scraggs, the home stir-craziness is a typical thing if you move away for college. You get used to it. The lack of freedom when you compare home to Dublin is the biggest problem!

Cremo, we had the same at christmas. Christmas is different though, everyone's off then.

I'll probably be back in Dublin for one or two days before the end of the break. Had to come home for the three weeks... it's poo, but what can you do! Thought I'd only be home for this weekend, but things have changed. The only reason I'll be back in Dublin is to go to the library... Sad! So I'll be confined to my house in the middle of nowhere... on my own... with no internet until 8 pm... and at the moment I have no notes... I feel like I'm wasting the break. If I was doing something fun, I wouldn't mind, but making sure my mother doesn't fall asleep and kill us every evening on the 30 mile drive home from Clonmel isn't exactly my idea of a laugh.

Sample conversation #1:

Mum: Did you put his leg in a bucket?
    Me: Whose leg?
    Mum: Brian's leg. Did you put Brian's leg in the bucket.
    Me:Who is Brian? (We don't know anyone called Brian)
    Mum: I don't know anyone called Brian. What're you talking about?

Sample conversation #2:
    Mum: Did you hear Kay bought those fields?
    Me: Kay who? Which fields?
    Mum: Those ones there. They're golden. Very good fields. (Points out the window.)
    Me: Oh. Ok. (Nods, smiles, tries to back away slowly, but can't because we're in the car.)
    Mum: Isn't it lovely what they've done there?
    Me: What Mum, the new fences?
    Mum: No, the elasticated flowers.
    Me: Oh, the elasticated flowers... Mum, you know you're talking nonsense?
    Mum: Sorry, were you saying something?

So, sleep deprivation = bad. Especially when you attempt to drive around the countryside. :rolleyes:

Blush_01 wrote:
    Sample conversation #2:
    Mum: Did you hear Kay bought those fields?
    Me: Kay who? Which fields?
    Mum: Those ones there. They're golden. Very good fields. (Points out the window.)
    Me: Oh. Ok. (Nods, smiles, tries to back away slowly, but can't because we're in the car.)
    Mum: Isn't it lovely what they've done there?
    Me: What Mum, the new fences?
    Mum: No, the elasticated flowers.
    Me: Oh, the elasticated flowers... Mum, you know you're talking nonsense?
    Mum: Sorry, were you saying something?

LOL. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

who do u all want to meet tho? who is on the top of ur list to meet at the next beers?? this time last year i won the award for being the biggest enigma!!

got my blue peter badge in the post a week later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If I hold you that to that then you're fooked.

We'd have to call you Shirley Temple Bar from RTE2. :D

Could you make Monday beers Zanemeister?

:D Very good Mr.Nice Guy but of course it will never happen since actually don't exist! ;) It's great to make wild bets in which you know you'll win everytime!

Eh que me Monday? I'm working on Monday so unless you start the drink at around 6 in the evening then I won't be able to pop along so it looks like it will just be Scraggs drinking by herself in the bar (since MNG won't show up as per tradition obviously)

Everyone enjoying or not enjoying Leprechaun Day? Any of ye arrested for drunken and disorderly behaviour in Temple Bar yet or are you all havin the craic! with your green pints of Guinness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I went to mass this morning and thats how Im celebrating my st patricks day and then heading down to kathleens in Rathkeale tonight for a good old fashioned country knees up.I have a sprig of shamrock on and a green ribbon in my hair....might go into the limerick parade....I hate st patricks day in Dublin-for me it eptomises everything that is wrong with the country-drink,drink and more drink.It's a religous festival and should be treated with a bit of respect-panda rant over!
    Have a good st patricks day everyone though-its nice to have the day off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

panda100 wrote:
    It's a religous festival and should be treated with a bit of respect-panda rant over!

Oh no, flash backs to the 'Christmas is not a religious holiday' rows I had all through December. If you want to spend the day getting down with your god that's cool but Paddy's Day is also a national holiday and we atheists, agnostics, and assorted non-Catholics will be celebrating too thank you very much.

Though, personally I hate crowds so I'm spending day finishing a late essay and will be drinking tomorrow to square things with the drinking gods.

panda100 wrote:
    It's a religous festival and should be treated with a bit of respect-panda rant over!
    crazy person! It's an Irish national holiday and should be treated as such, which it is:)If it was regarded by the majority as a religious festival it would have long since been forgotten!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

pretty hungover right now and will just be having drinks here in the apartment.

nothing too hectic. couldn't face pubs in town today. Mental.

I'd be up for meeting next week. anyday except wednesday and friday is fine with me. I'm sure I'll be at the Dept of Lung Cancer or else playing pool with Seb and Larien in the Trap.

Advertisement