Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please dont kill me... I WANT THE HOLS TO END

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I do like pool!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

:D Very good Mr.Nice Guy but of course it will never happen since actually don't exist! ;) It's great to make wild bets in which you know you'll win everytime!

Eh que me Monday? I'm working on Monday so unless you start the drink at around 6 in the evening then I won't be able to pop along so it looks like it will just be Scraggs drinking by herself in the bar (since MNG won't show up as per tradition obviously)

MNG will be there. Believe. ;)
    I'd be up for meeting next week. anyday except wednesday and friday is fine with me. I'm sure I'll be at the Dept of Lung Cancer or else playing pool with Seb and Larien in the Trap.

I will definitely be in on Monday. If Seb and Scraggs can make that and maybe one or two others there could be a decent turnout.

1pm sound good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Will I be there? Who cares :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Grimes wrote:
    Will I be there? Who cares :(:(:(:(:(:(
    Certainly not me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

aaahhhh pooor Grimey I care :)

otherwise I'll be in a bar drinkin alone...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

sure i'll be in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Feeling your pain from the OP, Scraggs. Sounds exactly like most of my summers, having to go back and work in Navan (in whatever offices the County Council want to stick me in) for the Summer. I don't have any mates from my home place any more either because I went to a boarding school when I was 12, and kinda grew away from them; similarly I don't have many mates left from secondary because only 6 of us came to UCD.
    Hence my Summers (and really in the same mode, my Christmases and Easter Breaks) are quite lonely. I actually made it my business to make sure I was needed at the Open Days this week and sent to Ennis at USI Congress next week, because otherwise I would actually go very very mental at home alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I may be able to pop over!

yay its turnin into a right little knees up

People better turn up though. :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Was at the S's final. Was kinda sad at the result. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

panda100 wrote:
    I went to mass this morning and thats how Im celebrating my st patricks day and then heading down to kathleens in Rathkeale tonight for a good old fashioned country knees up.I have a sprig of shamrock on and a green ribbon in my hair....might go into the limerick parade....I hate st patricks day in Dublin-for me it eptomises everything that is wrong with the country-drink,drink and more drink.It's a religous festival and should be treated with a bit of respect-panda rant over!
    Have a good st patricks day everyone though-its nice to have the day off:)
    You are officially the lamest person ever.

Haha. Bit harsh mate...

Sangre wrote:

I don't know about that. What's lamer, celebrating St Patrick's Day in a simple and spiritual manner or drinking yourself into oblivion and puking all over O'Connell Street?

Or being in Landsdowne watching schoolboys play rugby? (:( )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

MNG - either option is infinitely preferable to spending the day in a mint green hospital ward. The closest my family got to green all day, in fact.

Celebrate the national holiday in whatever way you like. If that means you get rat-arsed and puke everywhere, it's your body. If it means prancing around a maypole in march with green ribbons, than it's your life. If it means you smother yourself in shamrocks and tie yourself to a church pew all day, jolly hockey sticks to you.

Just avoid getting a headcold like the plague.

P.S. - Have a headcold in need of a good home. Had considered E-bay but am unwilling to post it outside of Ireland, as it may not survive transit via airmail. All interested takers, PM me. I can guarantee you same/next day posting. Comes with free gift.

wonder what the free gift is :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sangre wrote:

I actually take it as a compliment that someone like you thinks that Im lame.

All I was trying to say yesterday was that I think its bad the way st patricks day is celebrated by the majority of our genertaion(i.e getting rat arsed drunk and feeling proud that you totally forgot what you did the night before becuase you were so pissed).Of course I didnt mean it was speciffically religous but we should celebrate what st.patrick stood for-making Ireland a better place for everyone.Blush 01 is right you should celebrate st patricks day how you see fit-if mine is by being spiritual and going to mass then you should respect my descision to do that instead of just calling me lame.

And who is someone like me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Caring about people makes the Baby Jesus cry...

What break??? I've spent the whole week in that place at the end of the tunnel with the books. The whatchamacallit?

I even saw peachy there; but I was stalking her. She had some of my babies on thursday too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sangre, I do believe you're on your last chance here. Next ban is a permanent one. Comments like that will earn you that banning.

Anyway, I'll be around at 1pm on Monday.

Sangre, I do believe you're on your last chance here. Next ban is a permanent one. Comments like that will earn you that banning.

Anyway, I'll be around at 1pm on Monday.

Excellent. Let's set up a venue then. :cool:

I have a feeling Sangre will soon become the equivalent of Rabies in AH. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

People, you are all going to feel so bad when you eventually meet Sangre in the real world.

He tends to birds with broken wings and educates disadvantaged children. He my be curmudgeonly on boards but he has a heart of gold.

Shame on you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I <3 Sangre, he's like my role model for stuff like manners and consideration.
    What a guy.

Anyway, as for beers on Monday... 1pm?! You're 'avin a larf!

I won't even be out of bed by then, let alone be in college... Pfft...

Make it the student bar, so's I can kick all your asses at pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Red Alert wrote:
    wonder what the free gift is :p

Well, there's only one way to find out!

Peter: Hi, Kenneth. Did I get any mail?

Kenneth: No! But if you come any closer, I'll slice you!

Peter: Okay!

Peter: Man, what a bad-ass!

Man:Yeah? That bad-ass just gave half his paycheck to orphans.

Man: Orphans with diseases!

[Sentimental instrumental music]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

That's exactly what I was thinking of! Couldn't remember the exact dialogue though!

Blush_01 wrote:
    Well, there's only one way to find out!

I never say no to a free gift ;)

• Advertisement

^hmm you might want to avoid that 'free gift' like the _plague_ red... I'm getting an odd feeling:p

Advertisement