Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime on tv

Options
  • 16-03-2006 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

While flicking around channels last night, I came across Rapture TV (153 on Sky IIRC, probably wrong, it's there or abouts).
    I saw I'd just missed Fullmetal Alchemist, and a quick glance through the Sky guide showed that at around 8.30/9pm, Rapture runs Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolfs Rain on a regular basis. There's a few more anime programs it runs aswell, but their names escape me.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mokong

1st the channel is 193, and those two mentioned (FMA, Wolfs Rain) are the only anime they show, so i don't know what you think you saw but they weren't more anime i'm afriad.

for those that don't know Fullmetal Alchemist shows Tuesdays 8.30pm, repeated Sundays 8pm

Wolfs Rain shows Thursdays 8.30pm and repeated Sundays 8.30pm

You've missed about 17 eps of each but don't let that put you off starting to watch. Plus if you watch Wolfs Rain this Sunday and the new ep on Thursday they are both recap episodes so you should be able to get some good backstory info.

FMA is very funny and has lots of action and a great story and wonderful characters, Wolfs Rain is slower but does have some action, and just as good character and story wise (if maybe deeper) than FMA

These shows do bring a lot of veiwers to Rapture so i'm sure their working on getting more in the future and there's more chance of that happening if FMA and Wolfs Rain continue to bring in new veiwers ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

:( >wipes nostalgic tear from eye thinking of the 'times of plenty' with CNX< :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 t_rom/reaper

ok i know this propably aint the place but do ye think bleach will ever come on to tv in english or at least in subs

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Very likely. Viz are in serious mode about their Bleach license. And they are serious about the European angle, and using it to get into/make the teenager market.

Thats pretty important, as it would imply that the cuts for the TV audience would be minimal, and that Bleach would be a flagship product for a wake of other Bleach stuff, like games, OSTs and the manga etc.

We know they want to bring it out here, but they are looking for a good opportunity or TV deal (where the money is).

Advertisement