Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

brava trade in against stilo

Options
  • 16-03-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hi all,gearbox done in brava and all is well,but thinking of going from a 00 brava 50k done and stilo 03 31k on clock for €6700.What views would ye guys have re.stilo?Any bad press bar the electronic problems earlier on its production?
    Thinking of doing this monday.Fiat dealership wants €9700 for same deal/trade in.!!!

Only difference is the warranty,fiat is 1 year as against 6 months from the other garage.

Any info appreciated.

regards,

kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't buy the car from the Fiat dealer. 6 months isn't worth €3,000 and the warranty won't cover the things most likely to go wrong. Also a 03 Stilo isn't worth what the Fiat dealer is asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Can I ask why you are considering a Stilo given that the gearbox went in your previous Fiat on an '00 reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

I totally agree thanks be to god carzone.ie helps open our eyes.
    The non-fiat garage is offering a extra 1k trade in and is 2k cheaper anyway as well with fsh.

regards

kieran

Hi Fletch,i up to now never had a fiat problem but it seems the punto and brava had a soft diff.Toyota corrollas new type have head problems i am told so it seems no car is immune.I am changing as next year brava wont be worth anything and i would have to fork out full values for any car.

The stilo gearbox is supposed to be good, at least i havent heard any bad press yet.

regards
    kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

kmb wrote:
    Hi Fletch,i up to now never had a fiat problem but it seems the punto and brava had a soft diff.Toyota corrollas new type have head problems i am told so it seems no car is immune.I am changing as next year brava wont be worth anything and i would have to fork out full values for any car.

The stilo gearbox is supposed to be good, at least i havent heard any bad press yet.

regards
    kieran
    Point taken....I'm not a Fiat basher or anythin (far from it, my Mams had 2 Fiats in the last 6 years and not one single problem and I mean not one!)
    Just curious why you would buy a new model of a car which gave big mechanical problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Go for an '02 stilo - they de-speced them in mid 2003. Parkers will tell you more about the kit that was removed. That Stilo is way to expensive.
    wilsonsauctions.com have a Stilo 5dr with glass roof but it might have been auctioned off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

You are paying 7k for a car with a 20k less miles.

Seems like a lot of money.

in fairness he's also coming up three years into a current model. and going to a car with a far higher standard spec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

i had a brava myself before, loved it but heads went on it. Anyway best thing about trading it in a fiat dealer is, you dont get the dealer tellling you how crap your car is, and how little money fiats go for!
    On a side note, one observation ive seen about the stilos. is there something wrong with the fuel caps? every other one i seen has it missing! the whole cap!

that's true about the fuel lids, they break off. Haven't heard anything about new Corollas having head problems, even though I work with them......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks for all the replies lads,i value your input.
    Looks like i got a decision to make....

Regards kieran

Advertisement