Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3 launch date announced !!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The fact that the HDD is available to developers to use with their games much like the HDD in the xbox seems to confirm that it will be standard in all PS3's since almost all games will use it if it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

LookingFor wrote:
    Where did you hear all this?

There are a couple of different reports going around "confirming" that every PS3 will come with a 60GB HDD, but I'm not inclined to believe any of them yet..

looks like sony wont announce it today now since loads of websites are printing rumours about it, and expanding on them. sony'll probably hold off an announcement and add it into phil harrison's speech at gdc this week

i got my info from someone who works somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Well, a number of websites are citing SCEE statements, saying that the HDD will be included in every PS3, with larger HDDs available to purchase seperately.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=8579
    Sony has confirmed to Gamasutra that the PlayStation 3 will come with a 60GB hard drive as standard, removing the ambiguity on the issue, following potentially confusing statements from Sony's Ken Kutaragi at the developer's Tokyo conference last week.

The news was reported today by various news sites, and has been confirmed to Gamasutra by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe PR Manager Jonathan Fargher. The 60GB hard drive will be the default size, with other larger sizes available as separate peripherals.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2529&Itemid=2
    Following up on a Yahoo Games UK & Ireland report that apparently confirmed that the hard drive would be included with the PS3, SCEE told Next-Gen.biz that it had been confirmed all along.

A Sony spokesperson said, "We [SCEE] didn't confirm it, but it was confirmed at the media briefing by Ken Kutaragi. It's a fully upgradable, 60 gig hard drive that will come pre-packaged with the system."

I can't shake the feeling, though, that SCEE is simply relying on their own translation and interpretation of Kutaragi's comments rather than internal info :(

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

November, Sweet i'll have a job and be able to save up by then. I know it wont be a release title but COME ON METAL GEAR SOLID 4. ooooooooohhhh it's gonna be cool. "Guns of the Patriots" how cool is that.

Microsoft wont get any of my custume for consoles, PS3 will kick it's ass I can just feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

November, Sweet i'll have a job and be able to save up by then. I know it wont be a release title but COME ON METAL GEAR SOLID 4. ooooooooohhhh it's gonna be cool. "Guns of the Patriots" how cool is that.

Microsoft wont get any of my custume for consoles, PS3 will kick it's ass I can just feel it.
    and people here think i'm a fanboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

You are :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Is there a problem with being a fan of the best game over made.... please stop me before I go on a MGS rant I really dont want to.

Advertisement