Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live 95 FM

Options
  • 16-03-2006 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me why these guys keep playing the same songs every day? I swear if I hear D:Ream or Van Morrisson again I'll scream :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

if i hear them one more time, change a song to have "limericks live 95fm" one more time in the car, i will drive off a cliff...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Can someone tell me why these guys keep playing the same songs every day? I swear if I hear D:Ream or Van Morrisson again I'll scream :mad:

its cos there a ****e radio station ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

phill106 wrote:
    if i hear them one more time, change a song to have "limericks live 95fm" one more time in the car, i will drive off a cliff...

Spot on lads,i heard that limerick today show and the topic was "How to apply make-up". I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

rem Lmk 95 invented "Radio Death notices" .....

"Ah, that's all right ... we didn't know him" !!!! .... :p

who used to say that? .... he's dead himself now .... :(

hobie wrote:
    rem Lmk 95 invented "Radio Death notices" .....

"Ah, that's all right ... we didn't know him" !!!! .... :p

who used to say that? .... he's dead himself now .... :(

Not sure,but Dr.John Moloney was the man :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

I've asked them by email (sales) if they could send me the mp3-CD they play every day in shuffle mode but i didn't got an answer. I didn't got an answer either when i asked to get a copy of this book where they get their stupid jokes from.

I get tortured with those tastely challenged "radio" station here in the office every day...

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

ah but lads what about Agriview :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Well see the database of songs they have is a few 1000's, but songs have weights put on them and they pile the weight on.. which means that certain songs play so much more than others.
    Guess what though, Regional Hospital Radio actually have a bigger database of songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

*looks at RLO music library * we have 18,973 songs to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

I thank god when d ream and van morrison come on because it means 3 and
    a half minutes where i dont have to listen to the simpleton DJs on that station
    Mark and Catriona i mean come on i could start insulting them but i have a
    lecture in 25mins and i dont think i would be finished in time !

• Advertisement

I used to like there show, but the more i listened.. the more it was the exact same everyday except every now and again they might do something really funny, until Mark was suspended because of locking everyone out of the studio and playing the same 9muin long dance song (that he was banned from playing) 3 times in a row, even over the news... that was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

limericks live 95 fm- the only place where one can still hear alishas attic on a regular basis....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

I've pretty much stopped listening to radio all together.. 95fm is brutal.. whats with that stupid love song show? "hey this goes out to jacinta.. jacinta mossy says he is sorry and didnt mean to get you preggers" etc

but its not just 95fm.. 2fm's radio line up is rubbish also.. like marty wheelan of all people in the morning.. jesus.. and that fat yoke gerry ryan after him..

I was in a cab a few months ago on the way to college and gerry ryan was on the radio going on about the TD who posted his profile on a gay website saying he had a big penis.. "..really folks..does it matter that he said if he had a big penis.. i mean..he just said he had a big penis.." he went on to include the words big penis in every sentence and then the cab driver goes "YES I DOES MATTER GERRY.. NOW F**K OFF AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING PROPER" and switches the station LMAO..

but in summary.. i hate radio.. :o

Yeah, most is brutal... although.. i most say i do like Today fm.. i only started listening before (most of you in the past have blasted me for listening to live 95fm and defending the station), they seem to be entertainment driven rather then music, the DJ's are all fun, its really good!
    PS, listen to the blast 10-12 Sun-Thursdays 100-102 Today fm!!

I used to like there show, but the more i listened.. the more it was the exact same everyday except every now and again they might do something really funny, until Mark was suspended because of locking everyone out of the studio and playing the same 9muin long dance song (that he was banned from playing) 3 times in a row, even over the news... that was funny

My head is melted on a daily basis at work being subjected to listen to them! I mean what's this "Mark and Catriona on the breakfast shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww" thing all about? I think the anthem of their show should be "Crazy World" (they play it ad nauseum!":mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

i heard apple ipod actually own live 95fm. it's a cynical plan to make the long-suffering radio-listening public buy more of their products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ah mark and catriona on the breakfast show-they have to be the most annoying djs ever!He's always tring to be so zany and wacky but he's actually just stupid and irritating.
    I love getting the bus home form Dublin at the weekend because without fail the first tune on Live 95fm when I cross into the Limerick border is ALWAYS dire straits-walk of life.There always playing that. Whats the name of that really unfunny dj with the nassaly voice-he's on in mid morning/lunchtime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Both Limerick radio stations could only be improved by their studios burning down (with no injuries of course). Rubbish radio, shockingly, shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

jay_haych wrote:
    *looks at RLO music library * we have 18,973 songs to date

yet i still can't get ye to play a hayley westenra song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

The only thing it is good for it the deaths, Radio One rocks (ok that is too strong a word), except of course for Joe Duffy...... "sure make up a problem there and we'll make a big deal of it love"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

I agree..........they plat the same songs at the same time everyday!

greg678 wrote:
    I agree..........they plat the same songs at the same time everyday!

Dont get me started on this Munster thing they have going on...every ten minutes "one more game and we'll be CHAMPIONS!" and commentary interrupting songs ad nauseum "O Gara,its there! Another try for Munster" Get over it lads seriously :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Dont get me started on this Munster thing they have going on...every ten minutes "one more game and we'll be CHAMPIONS!" and commentary interrupting songs ad nauseum "O Gara,its there! Another try for Munster" Get over it lads seriously :mad:
    AND WHATS UP WITH THAT FELLA WITH THE GAY VOICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

greg678 wrote:
    AND WHATS UP WITH THAT FELLA WITH THE GAY VOICE!

be careful boy. we'll have none of that kinda talk here.

Advertisement