Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How dirty is your car?

Options
  • 17-03-2006 12:14am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

At the moment, mine's the filthiest it's been in the 5 years I've had it. The roads I travel on daily are in an awful state, not helped by the amount of rain lately or whatever they put on the roads to stop the ice.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say it's an 8.5 :D (10 being dirtiest)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mine has been at 11 at least! So bad that I got a pull from the cops for filthty number plates. It was suggested that I spend €6 at the local car wash without delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My work car was filthy.. got it serviced yesterday and they washed it for me :D

Damn filthy roads.. too much construction going on.. though i suppose its a good thing or will be when its done.. then again.. it will never be done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah only about 3.5 at the moment (can still see out!).

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

0.5 cleaned, dried and polished rubbers and plastic. Don't want to drive it cause i know a trip to the shops will make it a 2 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Few heavy sleet showers today, so I reckon mine has gone from an 8 to about 6.5.:p Shame and embarrassment are stopping me from giving the inside a rating. :o

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Bond-007 wrote:
    Mine has been at 11 at least! So bad that I got a pull from the cops for filthty number plates. It was suggested that I spend €6 at the local car wash without delay!

that's interesting - a few weeks ago in the city I came across a car which was spotless except for its muck-encrusted plates. I suggested to Mrs Parsi that she jump out and clean them with babywipes but it was rejected...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's not too bad, I'd say 3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

mine is probably about 8.5

But i kind of get away with it as the car colour does not really show the dirt...............lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Bond-007 wrote:

Why spend EUR 6 when one can of WD40 can clear your plates of mud time and time again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

My car is very dirty. Even wanted to do anal tonight.

• Advertisement

vector wrote:
    Why spend EUR 6 when one can of WD40 can clear your plates of mud time and time again
    The whole car was dirty!
    Sangre wrote:
    ROFL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i just got a big feck of dent fixed in mine so the dent area is spotless and the rest looks like i live in the sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

jcoote wrote:
    i just got a big feck of dent fixed in mine so the dent area is spotless and the rest looks like i live in the sticks

Don't knock living in the sticks !..... Amazing what a layer of cow crap under the chassis can do for noise insulation.

Excatly, its the dirt that is hold my car together that this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Mine's constantly filthy, becasue I take cr@p back roads to work and any rain at all, you're bound to meet a tipper truck, get stuck behind it and get covered in sh!t. As I wash it nearly every week, the first cop that tells me I need to clean the plates will get an earful!

It's soul-destroying, watching it get coated as you drive away from the car wash. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Wish the last lady i was out with was as dirty as my car its 11 out 10:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Sangre wrote:

It was only a matter of time I suppose... :D:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

blastman wrote:
    Mine's constantly filthy, becasue I take cr@p back roads to work and any rain at all, you're bound to meet a tipper truck, get stuck behind it and get covered in sh!t. As I wash it nearly every week, the first cop that tells me I need to clean the plates will get an earful!

It's soul-destroying, watching it get coated as you drive away from the car wash. :mad:

Yeah, same here. I'm on back roads around Blanchardstown/Finglas a lot, they are terrible, no kerbs and hence the trucks churn the side of the road up and leave the place in a mess.

Was in Germany once on back roads and it was very wet. The car was getting sprayed, but there was no muck on the roads. The car was spotless even after driving hundreds of kilometers.

Surely if certain roads are used by huge volumes of cars and trucks, they warrant being looked after a bit better i.e. kerbs and cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Post the pics people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Sonata - Not too bad, went a few weeks being filthy, a comfortable 9. Now it's about a 4

MR2 - Pretty dirty, it wasn't too bad 2 weeks ago but then it got used a fair amount and got dirty and I haven't had the time to clean it

Micra - Filthy, I cleaned it about 2 months ago, and I haven't had enough time or the weather has been crap to do it since

That said my brother got a 323F yesterday and it's pretty spotless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine's about a 7 I'd say (the rain, and it being silver has helped :))

I use the Finglas/Blanch back roads as well and they are in a very bad state at the moment :( The N3 ain't much fun either - lousy slow dump trucks.

Side note: Think it was done a while back, but is it a big (expensive?) job having a rear wiper fitted to a coupe? It's the only thing I miss about the hatchback I had previously..

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Mine are both a 1.

Cant stand having a dirty car, wash them by hand with a sponge and a warm bucket off water about every 2 or 3 days.

Also regulary give them a good polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've only cleaned my car for the NCT and driving test, by clean I mean a little hoover and clean the windows, I've never cleaned the body of my car:o but it's surprisingly not that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hehe, mines about a 7 tbh its dead dirty :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Mine's about a 7 I'd say (the rain, and it being silver has helped :))

I use the Finglas/Blanch back roads as well and they are in a very bad state at the moment :( The N3 ain't much fun either - lousy slow dump trucks.

The only thing worht anything on that car is the dirt
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Side note: Think it was done a while back, but is it a big (expensive?) job having a rear wiper fitted to a coupe? It's the only thing I miss about the hatchback I had previously..

Ahh learner drivers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Big Nelly wrote:
    The only thing worth anything on that car is the dirt

Ahh learner drivers:rolleyes:

Took the opportunity to help you with your spelling there Nelly :)

Besides, I'm not the one with penalty points on the way for being a bold bold speeder am I? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Took the opportunity to help you with your spelling there Nelly :)

never was a good speller, Firefox should have a built in spell check, people in IT don't need to spell, everything has 2 letters in it so it easy to remember
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Besides, I'm not the one with penalty points on the way for being a bold bold speeder am I? :D

Ahh prays are being said weekly that he didn't get me:D Anyway you would be done if you had a car that could actually break the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I've a loner at the Moment so i have not bothered to wash it, reckon the boys at the car wash will need a kango though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Mine is usually a '1' .......though it's a '2' at the mo - time to get out the sponge, zip wax and power washer !:D

I reckon most Irish drivers are somehow proud by how dirty their cars are! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

mines about a 7, the outside was a 10 as i hadn't washed it in about 7 months, but i washed it a couple of weeks ago.. the inside is bad now, you can't actually see the floor of the passenger side:o

Advertisement