Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what 2 buy and where?

• 17-03-2006 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

ok went clothes shopping 2day but i didn't know what to buy, I never know what goes with what - so any ideas on what to buy for a male for jst wearing to college or going out and where to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

Everybody has a style of their own. There is no need to ask.
    Whatever you see as an individual fashion is good.
    But if it were up to me I’d say buy all in Gothic shops. Anything black is always fab!
    I like to see males in a black Matrix style coat. They are so great.
    Leather is always fab too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

zap wrote:
    ok went clothes shopping 2day but i didn't know what to buy, I never know what goes with what - so any ideas on what to buy for a male for jst wearing to college or going out and where to go?

Crisis man, if YOU think it looks good buy it. I could tell you to go out and buy clown pants and a cowboy hat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Codpieces look good with anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Go to a store like for example River Island or Topman where they have style advisors and they can give ya an idea of what looks good on ya or not.... Its free and theres no obligation to byu antyhing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

firstly just go with your own image,it is what you will feel more comfortable with!
    but if you have to try some of the jack jones shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Sangre wrote:
    Codpieces look good with anything.

hehe I just got an image of Blackadder and his huge codpiece!!!:D

Seriously though you should just trust your own taste....or if you don't know what you like, I like the clothes in Topman on guys. The whole studenty/preppy style is really nice!
    Although I'm going to contradict myself and say stay away from tracksuits (unless it's for the gym) and big huge chav coats even if they are to your taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i like the clothes in top man but I never know what tops, t-shirts etc. go with what jeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

I think you should get your hands on a few of your mothers/aunt's sister's catalogues eg kays, next etc and see what they have. Then go to Penneys and stock up on the cheaper version, after all you are a student and style changes all the time. Go with what your comfortable in and get a few staple basics that you can mix and match. Stick to neutral colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

zap wrote:

Seriously. If u like it, think it looks good on u and if it fits: BUY IT! But if you're really really self-concious about any new clothes you're buying i'd reccomend u get a female friend to come out with you and help you pick out some things

Advertisement