Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Traffic Monitor Question

• 17-03-2006 7:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

I checked on my Eircom DSL Traffic Monitor this morning. It shows 2 instances in March where I was on-line for more than 24 hrs in total for the day. On 02 Mar I was on-line for a total of 39 hours and on 11 Mar I was on for a total of 37 hours.

What should I make of this, and what should I do about it - if anything??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Your modem stays online (unless you switch it off) eventhough your PC may be switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Noticed that before with my account. The stats page seems to think that there are 20hrs in some days, and up to 40hrs in others. Would'nt worry about it though. It matters not if you are on an "always on" package. Just a small tip though. If you are using a wireless modem, it might be a good idea to turn off your modem at night, or anytime you don't intend using the net for more than a couple of hours. This greatly reduces the possibility of someone cracking your wep code. Anyone trying to crack wep needs the targeted wireless modem to be constantly on for between 8 and 24hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Thanks. I'll not worry about it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

may be you should start keeping your own monitoring records which is independant of eircoms.

Advertisement