Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed planning change to road

Options
  • 17-03-2006 10:53am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if this is the best place so Mods feel free to move....

The estate I live in has been informed by a proposal from the National Building Agency via local council meeting to change the "main" road running through the estate.
    The proposal is to open up the road to through traffic to serve the adjoining lands.
    The lands in question are green field and zoned residential.
    The estate is 35 years old and cul-de-sac.
    The road in question is right outside my house.
    At present the only traffic is estate traffic and the zoned land in question is substantial - about 4 times the size of our estate.

Naturally I'm open to progressive planning, however having the road in front of my house turned into the main route to serve 300+houses is not my preference.

We have organised a residents association meeting and would appreciate any feedback especially from those boarders that have encounted similiar situations.

TIA

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Talk to you local authority and ask what the official submission process is in relation to this planning (your local councillor should be able to help you).

Inform the council of you point of view - it's better than saying nothing.......

Advertisement