Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowbane now free to play

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is more to this story but its not being released at this time. Anyone know how they are going to get the revenue to keep the servers running?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I haven't seen talk on this, but other games charge for expansion packs (release one every 6 months and you'd probably get enough people interested to pay for itself), or offering extra features like player houses or bank storage or even selling l33t equipment.

It'd be interesting to see what they go for, they may not mention what its going to be until they get people hooked though of course :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is this any good guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Dcully wrote:
    Is this any good guys?

Its a PvP game. hasn't had much following. Forget why.

I see you have to get a membership to Fileplanet, and that costs money afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

If its subscriber then yes, money must changeh ands, but you can still have a free account...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

afaik SB failed mainly because it was very buggy and unstable with often times unplayable lag in any decent sized battle. That in off itself turned of many people. But supposedly they have improved the stability of the game a lot since then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

OKay I downloaded this a couple of days ago and was bored and wanted to try it out...

Now either I'm getting old and bored of games completely, or... "yuck".

I played the game for all of 15 minutes before giving it up. The charecter creation was fun. I loaded into the game and it was choppy as hell even though graphics weren't nearly as nice as WoW. Not to mention the interface was horrible and counter intuitive. No WASD movement, and a very wierd take on camera control to boot. I just couldn't be arsed making the effort to get past the crappy, choppy graphics and getting used to the wierdo interface to actually bother learning the game play mechanics...

Maybe this is not the proper way to "try out" the game, but all I can say is...

"yuck".

I'm all for open PvP and don't mind getting my items looted etc, but I think i'll wait till something a bit more playable comes along.

Advertisement