Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Correction of Invalid HTML?

Options
  • 17-03-2006 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Is there such a tool in existence?

I know I've got invalid html, and I know that I want to correct it, but the (usual) problem is that I'm no html/php genius so I just hack away at it and probably make things worse.

I've found lots of html validators/tools - but all they do is point out the issues.

Does any such tool exist which will not just list the issues, but will attempt to correct them as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

html tidy or Amaya (both available over at W3C) can do what you want - if I remember right html tidy will also check the css as well?

Not sure on the last bit as it's a while since I used it

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

First Page 2006 is a nice free editor that integrates HTML tidy and will convert/correct your html.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

smeggle wrote:
    html tidy or Amaya (both available over at W3C) can do what you want - if I remember right html tidy will also check the css as well?

Not sure on the last bit as it's a while since I used it

:)

Thats corect. It will also fix up your css and remove whitespace. Its a nice tool.

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

Theres actually a ncier GUI'd up version floating around. I'll try to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I have the extension installed for Firefox so that when I view a page I can see if its good, bad or ugly. Very handy for testing and frowning upon other sites!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

I did not know one existed. I just downloaded the extension from here:

http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/download.html

And its pretty sweet. Going to play around with this one for a while :)
    Cheers for making us aware of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

No problemo, pretty sure I got word of it on here.

Advertisement