Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahman vs. Toney - Pick em

Options
  • 17-03-2006 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

After seeing the weigh in I'm leaning towards Rahman by UD. I know people make a lot out of Toney's stamina but at 237 there has gotta be some questions. Rahman looks in great shape but we'll see how up for it he is come fight time. Either way I don't think we're going to see a KO on Saturday night but for the sake of the Heavyweight division I don't mind being wrong.

I haven't included a DQ or NC in the poll but I guess if you have insider info that that's how the fight will end then post away. Just try and make the reason creative :D

Who wins, Rahman or Toney? 3 votes

Rahman by KO
    0% 0 votes
    Rahman on points
    33% 1 vote
    Toney by KO
    33% 1 vote
    Toney on points
    0% 0 votes
    Draw
    33% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Rahmann looks in great shape and a focused and in shape Rahmann is a very dangerous man , however I think Toney will do his usual shoulder rolls and ducking meaning Rahmann will land very few solid blows (but lots of glancing shots) and will counter effectively on his way to winning a close-ish decision .

I certainly don't expect a knockout either , Rahmann has the power to KO anyone but will find Toney very hard to hit and it's not like Toney's chin is suspect anyway . Toney on the other hand just isn't a big hitter up at heavyweight , he can hurt guys but he's going to KO no one .

As for Toney's stamina , it won't matter if it's poor the guy is able to stay in the same spot while avoiding punches and would be happy resting on the ropes while countering and ducking .

It's a very interesting fight and I would love to see the winner of W.Klitscko V C.Byrd(Wlad IMO) fight the winner .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Just you and me then Big Ears. Couldn't really blame people for not voting as this is hardly the most exciting heavyweight fight on the go...

Big Ears, do you think Toney can be the saviour of the division like so many Americans seem to say?

Geiger wrote:
    Just you and me then Big Ears. Couldn't really blame people for not voting as this is hardly the most exciting heavyweight fight on the go...

Big Ears, do you think Toney can be the saviour of the division like so many Americans seem to say?

No I don't , I think Wlad's got his number so if that fight somehow came off I think he'd lose . Other than that I think he's simply too old to have that much of an impact and I expect him to be either gone or a spent force in 2/3 years .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Anyone wanna put their name to that Rahman by KO vote? Funny, as it gets closer to fight time I feel a KO wouldn't be as surprising as I first thought...

It ended a draw but it seems Rahman got robbed , two judges had 114-114 and another 117-111 Rahman , HBO had 116-112 Rahman

• Advertisement
Advertisement