Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing thread?

Options
  • 17-03-2006 2:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

I posted on a thread about two weeks ago which seems to have dissapeared from this board. It was locked by REW as the last post. I cannot remember the name of the thread(which was very active with many posts) but I can find no reference to it or any of the posts in it.All posts in the thread have dissapeared. Can any of the mods explain this? REW should remember as threads are not often locked.

Comments

Wasn't it the planning permission one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Ticknock rifle range???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

Yes, I think it was the Ticknock thread. The interesting question is where did it go and why was it removed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

It was removed by me at the request of the club. They had no problem with it but some lazy jurno was useing it as a source and quoting a certain poster in that thread as if they spoke for LRPC despite posts to the contrary. Normally we are reluctant to remove any thread but that particular one was more like a brawl then a proper discussion. The intension is to restore it as it was once the club have had a chance to get on there feet and set the record straight. I may split some of the posts that had links to planning decsions etc and restore those as they contain genuine info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭skellig

Lazy Jurno!! Whats that Rew?
    Had anyone actually declared themselves as a spokesperson for L.R.P.C
    Personally I am a member of a few clubs in Ireland and up North and I am not a spokesperson for any of them on these boards , as far as I can see there doesnt appear to be too many offficial spokespeople on the boards,surely the boards are all about open discussions whether we agree with their opinion or not!

I fail to see the brawl you refer to Rew, from my recollection it was a discussion about planning permission , firearms law , health and hygiene, public awareness etc.

It sounds like a poor excuse to me Rew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I fail to see the brawl you refer to Rew
    Probably because it's not there anymore. Skellig, you came on here and put forward your position as that of the LRPC. Do you need me to quote the relevant posts back to you? You started off with gems like
    How dare you all discuss and advertise Ticknock Range , associates business on Boards .
    and then followed up with
    As for you REW stating that it is typical of the above being tight lipped well "duh "to you ,you big gobeen .
    And it just got better from there.

Sparks wrote:
    Probably because it's not there anymore. Skellig, you came on here and put forward your position as that of the LRPC. Do you need me to quote the relevant posts back to you? You started off with gems like and then followed up with
    And it just got better from there.

It wasnt there in the first place Sparks and it couldnt be the reason for locking the thread and making it disappear altogether.
    We have all read some really strong arguments pass through the boards that were never locked let alone do a vanishing act!!!(strong language included)It seems to be a different story if you hit the nerve of a moderator and thats what I think has happened here for some reason!!
    On the other hand it seems to be okay for a mod. , examples of which I have read in the past give it some stick in strong debates which this boards seem to be about at times. It is my opinion which I am entitled to , I only speak for myself and not my clubs as I have stated on the "missing thread" previously
    Are the mods. one-sided on certain issues??

I think Sparks its not even close to getting the handbags out let alone a brawl:D

In regard to the info regarding Lead exposure that , (I think it was Traumadoc) posted could you Sparks be so kind as to display this info again as I find it very benificial in the interest of health. If you dont want to display it could you please PM it to me.

ps----Thanks for the reminder Sparks --apologies Rew for calling you a big gobeen ,no offence intended was meant in jest only and by the way just to be clear I maintain that certain business in our sport should not be made public as it is a recipe for disaster and just for the record ,this is not an official position just my own.

Right listen up:

The main reason I locked it because it was going nowhere and the last poster (not you) started bring it down the road of slagging off other clubs which im not going to tolerate.

It was removed at the request of the LRPC because of what YOU said in it was causing the press to take a very negative slant on the LRPC despite being told you have nothing to do with them.

At some point in the future I will be restoring the thread as I feel it has alot of relevent posts and links. It will still be locked.

The mods here are all very diverse shooters, with varying backrounds and varying levels of interest in the shooting political scene, dont assume to know anything about us.

If you have a problem with me or any other mods there is a feedback forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

Can I be a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Rew wrote:
    Right listen up:

The main reason I locked it because it was going nowhere and the last poster (not you) started bring it down the road of slagging off other clubs which im not going to tolerate.

AFAIK I was the last poster on that thread, and I do not recall slagging off any club in that post. Perhaps you could clarify?

• Advertisement

You were but I wasn't refering to you as such. The jist of the end of the thread was slagging MNSCI and making a few generalisations about "people from MNSCI" .

Rew ---I have said nothing against L.R.P.C that should cause bad press,on the contrary I was actually doing the oposite. What I complained about was the info that you and others were giving that was of no benifit to the L.R.P.C(remember ?? you have some cheek I must say!!)

There seems little point in adding more to this and as you might not like it ,it may end up locked or even disappear again ---one sidedness springs to mind.
    Once again I reiterete my stand on this I never claimed to represent anyone on these boards.
    Stop jumping to the wrong conclusions Rew it could be seen as bad moderating

Skellig, that post doesn't match up with the fact that Rew locked the thread on the LRPC's request as your posts were causing them problems.

Im haven't jumped to any conclusions I just laid out what happened to the thread, why not have a chat to your club about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

skellig wrote:
    surely the boards are all about open discussions whether we agree with their opinion or not!
    You say that, but then you say this:
    skellig wrote:
    How dare you all discuss and advertise Ticknock Range , associates business on Boards . Talk about giving the Antis a helping hand with that type of information .
    As for you REW stating that it is typical of the above being tight lipped well "duh "to you ,you big gobeen .
    Would you like your business or house planning etc made available on the boards to as you know (God knows who) It is their own private business ---think about it if you can .--one wonders!!
    What is it - freedom of speech or private matters that shouldn't be discussed.

The mods here are trying to keep boards out of trouble while at the same time keeping a good source for the community that is enjoyed on this forum. If you don't like the way they are modding it then take it to the feedback forum or the Help Desk. However, I'm on their side in this case, fwiw.

Sorry, I missed Sparks' and your posts regarding these quotes.

Sparks
    "My posts" causing LRPC problems. Dont accept that I think its the opening of that thread in the first place that caused the problems.

REW----of course you only laid out what happened in the thread!!!;)

Gordan----Good one dragging up the quotes but they dont really mean anything when taken out of context like that ,anyone can scroll through a thread and take a line or two out of context that doesnt acurately represent what someone said and by the way I cant take quotes from a locked /disappeared thread like the mods can so I am at a disadvantage there wouldnt you think!
    Yes I agree with freedom of speech but I maintain when it comes to certain matters it is not nice to have it published particuarly amongst people in the same sport but it looks like no-one wants to accept this point for some reason.
    Not all things are black and white (its just common sense really)

Sparks---can you release the info regarding the lead exposure/contamination as I previously requested . I would appreciate it.

Black or white/grey area or not, either way the thread is gone. I call that good moderating.

Gordon I like the 4 golden stars you must be of a high rank not so sure about the "pubic enema" bit under your name is that a misprint??!!:D

No, it's intentional. I'm not high ranked, the extra stars simply signify the extra amounts of fora I can ban people from, that's all.

ooohhh right! Gordon thanks for the info.anyway. I was just wondering were you the cavalry sent in by the shooting mods??by any chance.:D

• Advertisement

skellig wrote:
    Sparks---can you release the info regarding the lead exposure/contamination as I previously requested . I would appreciate it.

Some basic references:
    http://www.santepub-mtl.qc.ca/Travail/risque/lead.html
    http://oem.msu.edu/Resources/MSU-HAZARDS%20(LEAD)_final.pdf

And a more shooting-oriented (and a bit more technical) reference, with citations:
    http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Heider/LeadHazards.htm

Thanks for that Sparks --much appreciated

skellig wrote:
    ooohhh right! Gordon thanks for the info.anyway. I was just wondering were you the cavalry sent in by the shooting mods??by any chance.:D

Pitty we don't know each other Id buy you a tinfoil hat for your birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

This Board needs an enema:D

skellig wrote:
    I'm just a curious observer.

Rew thanks for the offer of a present,a tin foil hat would be great if it wasnt too much trouble ,maybe we could both wear ours out shooting someday now that would be a good picture.Dont waste your money buying one sure we learnt how to make them when we were just 4 years old what colour is the one your wearing at the moment --would it be SILVER BY ANY CHANCE!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Thread gone very stupid, so closed.

It's nice to be back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement