Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really pale foundations

• 17-03-2006 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

help, every winter I face the same problem, I have very white skin, typically Irish, except paler and I can't get a foundation to match. Not being the slightest bit sallow also means that foundations are also more likely to look to yellowy-orangy on me aswell.

I'm really not into fake tan or wearing a shade too dark so I generally just don't wear any and look like crap. I tried a clinique counter and asking for advice but just got my hands painted various shades of brown and orange.

I was wondering if anybody knows any make-up ranges that go really,really pale, and that aren't in any way orangy. (what do people into the really pale gothic look use?)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Max Factors Seamless make up in the colour Porcelain is a lovely shade for really pale skin. You should check it out i find it brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

L'oreal infallible in porcelain also is really really pale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm really pale skinned but I use Clinique superbalanced makeup in 01 (I forget the shade name).

You can't really judge by trying them on your hands, you just have to get samples and try them on your face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

Scraggs wrote:
    L'oreal infallible in porcelain also is really really pale

thanks Scraggs, actually I've tried it and it is pretty close but I just don't really like the foundation, just doesn't really seem to blend in or something. I guess its the reason it lasts so long. Still that was just when I tried it on the back of my hand in the shop. Have you used any of the infallible range - how did you find it?

It's strange though none of the other loreal ones go so pale, I'd expect them to use the same colours every time:confused:

Thanks dudara and nikibaby, i'll check them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yeah it is kind of hard to blend but when its on its grand and it does last really well...I've only worn it during the day so far but I'm gonna wear it out tonight and I'll let ya know tomorrow if it did its job properly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Mac Studio Tech in NC15 and Estee Lauder So Ingenious in Soft Beige (shade 11) are the only foundations I've ever found that match my skin. I'm so pale I'm practically translucent, and these are pale enough so that my face matches my neck, chest and hands. Most pale foundations give me a face that's still darker than the rest of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Max factor pan stick number 25 fair.
    I hate messy liquid foundations and this is easy to apply and blend with a damp makeup sponge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you're pale enough that most ready-mixed foundations look orange or biscuity on your skin, try a make-up counter that will mix one to your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

maxfactor panstick no.12

it's cheap and it has brilliant texture and coverage

seriously try this one out i've been using it for years and it's only like 9.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

General rule-if it says porcelain then its not the right shade.I always used to think that porcelain shades were the lightest but there not.The only foundation you need is Lancome photogenic in 001-ask them for the lightest shade.Lancome photegenic foundation is so lovely and natural and has no orange hue it just gives a gorgeous luminous glow that all those really pale fashion models have!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dudara wrote:
    I'm really pale skinned but I use Clinique superbalanced makeup in 01 (I forget the shade name).

You can't really judge by trying them on your hands, you just have to get samples and try them on your face

Also agree with this-clinique have perfect shades for very pale skin.Really the cheap brands dont cater for very paled skin-they always end up turning an orangey colour!The lancome and clinique ones have blueish undertones so it matches your next perfectly!The only cheap makeup brand that has pale foundation is that boots 17 one and sometimes rimmel but there a bit hit and miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

You should go to prescriptives or mac. They have makeup with both cool and warm tones. And a huge range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i agree with teh comment about porcelain not being the palest - i used rimmel's porcelain for about 18 months, then one day i asked in one of the chemists what they thought, and they she tried in on me and told me i was too pale for it and that it was too dark..

she recommended Make Up Forever (i think thats the brand.. cant remember the particular number..) and she tried it on me and it matched really well

you could try that, going into a chemist and asking them their advice?
    but dont go to one particular brand's counter, cos they'll just try and sell you one of theirs which may not actually suit you the best...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

If you're pale enough that most ready-mixed foundations look orange or biscuity on your skin, try a make-up counter that will mix one to your skin.

Wow had no idea make-up counters did this, have you any idea which ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Prescriptives in BT will do it, but cheap it ain't :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I find the max factor hyper smooth ivory very good. Its not too dark at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

go to the prescriptives counter in brown thomas. they do foundation in different based clours - orange, yellow etc to suit all types of skin. They will also custom blend you your own foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Galvia

Brown Thomas is a good suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Do House of Fraser (open now I believe out in Dundrum) do a prescriptives counter? I know they do in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah there's a Prescriptives counter out in Dundrum. I think the custom blend costs about 60euro. Its good in the fact you get the right shade for your skin and you can choose the type of finish you want for it. But it is expensive. I use MAC Studio Tech NC15 and the Face n Body N1. Both are perfect for my pale skin. But you can only get those shades in the MAC in BT's, Grafton Street. They dont stock those colours in the smaller stores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement