Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus door latch, please help

Options
  • 17-03-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have my nct tomorrow and Im trying to take off the rear door (right side) trim so I can get access to the door latch.

The car is a ford focus 01 hatch, I have 7 screws out already, 2 from each side of trim, 2 from bottom of trim and 1 from the door handle(underneath it). I still cant get the trim off,it still seems to be held in by something, am i missing some trick or something?

All I want to do is get the trim off the back door so i can reattach the catch onto the latch from the inside door handle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

the grab handle has 2 hidden screws behind a plastic cover.
    make sure you remove the window winder also.
    & inner window trim is to be removed.
    then lift upwards to remove.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Thanks mondeoman, got the door cover off, focusfanatics is a great website, lots of guides etc. I still couldnt fix the problem, gonna have to chance it on the nct, the prob is that the rear left door wont open from inside, pain in the arse if they fail me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

you have probably checked this but just be sure its not the child lock turned on by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Hehe yup checked that, but thanks anyway, I would have felt some fool if i didnt! :) , anyways, I had my NCT this morning and I failed but not because of the door, it was because of a small scratch in the windscreen, ah well , my insurance covers it so its grand.

Advertisement