Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And, yet the minister disputes that there is a digital divide

Options
  • 17-03-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

My telephone bill for the last two months,
    Bi-monthly fee for-
    Eircom net anytime, €49.57
    Line rental for ISDN €64.28
    Local calls, €4.09
    o2 mobile, €2.17
    EXCEEDING EIRCOM FLAT RATE ALLOWANCE,€40.97
    vat €34
    Total, €195

What would this cost me if I could get Broadband?

My exchange was just upgraded, but I don't qualify because I'm too far. Their are no wireless ISP's . I'm still waiting to hear from the County and Group BB scheme ISP that was approved last October, and there is no guaranty I'll have a line of site for that. Satellite Broadband sucks and is way to expensive.So, is there any light at the end of the tunnel for me? Or, is selling up and moving my only chance for Broadband access?

And, yet the minister disputes that there is a digital divide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And where is the flat rate internet access that we keep getting told exists for 9.95 Euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I'm still waiting to hear from the County and Group BB scheme ISP that was approved last October, and there is no guaranty I'll have a line of site for that.
    Is that still likely to go ahead considering your area is now "covered" by Eircom?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

not a problem, the DCMNR does not believe that Eircom 'coverage' means anything in a rural area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

watty wrote:
    And where is the flat rate internet access that we keep getting told exists for 9.95 Euro?

I am sorry to correct you, but flat rate internet access is now available for 9.00 Euro. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

OK 9.00 Euro. So why are people getting Dialup bills twice or three times 3Mbs BB access cost?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

watty wrote:
    I think you'll find it in the same room as ComReg's testicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I am sorry to correct you, but flat rate internet access is now available for 9.00 Euro. :o
    It is? Where? All I see are time limited products, not flat-rate.

Advertisement