Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win XP and O'Clocking

Options
  • 17-03-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

little niggling problem !

my os Win XP take for ages starting up fresh in the morning ect... is it to do with the O'Clocking or is there something I should chnge in the Bios ? :o

Sometimes it take too long so I press reset and it works 2nd time perfect! :o

Any suggestions approciate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

unklerosco wrote:
    I have that problem with one of my pcs on a 3800X2... Im putting it down to a dodgy install, starts up much quicker in safe mode..

Strange

:-)

GLine suggested maybe a doggy Boot ini file or something !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have that problem with one of my pcs on a 3800X2... Im putting it down to a dodgy install, starts up much quicker in safe mode..

Strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If your MHz are out by one windows will take a bit longer to start, should be the opposite tbh.

Before you blame OCing, knock off everything in Msconfig and see how it goes then, then turn back on what you need firewall AV etc:

A fresh install of windows has 17 processes running, kiling everything from fresh install and then just starting what you need is a fast way to find out if its OC or software.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My install has done it since day one on std speeds.. Don't use it that much so it dont bother me.. My pcs get turned on in the morn n turned off at night so i dont mind how long they take to boot,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

KdjaC wrote:

Before you blame OCing, knock off everything in Msconfig and see how it goes then,

kdjac

thats what i suggest he do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gline wrote:
    thats what i suggest he do

done and sorted :-)

Advertisement