Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiper Problems 00 Micra

Options
  • 17-03-2006 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All

Friend of mine has a 00 Micra, couple of days ago the intermittent wipe started acting up. When there switched on they do what they supposed to, wipe back to rest, about 9 secs later wipe back to rest on the thrid time they wipe then just sit there. I know on the older Micras the "boxy type" they had a unit in the engine compartment that controled the timing on the inter wipe intermittent amplifier unit I think it was called, I put one into my 91,which only had to settings hi low, was'nt to bad a job once i figured the wiring. But would the same apply to a newer model, could it be a matter of replacing this unit if thats the problem. the hi and low working fine.
    Had the timimg chains changed recently on the car would that have anything to do with it. With all the electronics in cars these days you wouldnt know what effects what, they're getting as bad computers, they way there going you wont even have to drive to the car to crash it if you know what i mean.

Advertisement