Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a CD-R brand for CD audio playback?

• 17-03-2006 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi,
    Have trouble on my CD player playing back audio CD-R's recorded on the PC.
    Discs are Imation, burner is a Sony. Is there a better disc for burning audio?

C

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How old is your CD Player? Some older machines were fussy and couldn't read CDRs properly.

The best CDR's I've used had to be the Verbatim SuperAZO discs. They were very good IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Hi byte,
    The CD player is about 10 years old. Plays my music CD's perfectly. I researched the web and it said to decrease the burn speed to a minimum which, on my PC is 8x. This seemed to have worked, previously I was burning CD's at the max speed. I will try out the Verbatim's though, thanks.

c

byte wrote:
    How old is your CD Player? Some older machines were fussy and couldn't read CDRs properly.

The best CDR's I've used had to be the Verbatim SuperAZO discs. They were very good IMO.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, glad you got it sussed anyway. As for the Verbatim's they're more expensive than most other blank discs, but seem to me to have a better life span than others.

Advertisement