Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory at wrong speed

Options
  • 17-03-2006 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas what's going on here...

I have an AMD X2 4200 on a MSI "KN8 Diamond Plus" board with Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPRO (which is indicated on Corsair's site as being compatible with the board) installed in the dual channels, as per Board's manual etc.

What I'm totally stuck on is that the BIOS is reporting the memory as 333mhz instead of 400, no matter what I seem to do - FSB is 200 and options for changing memory speed are the usual "Auto" or 1:1 or less. When selecting 1:1 it still returns 333?

I've no idea why this is happening to me! I ran benchmarks in SiSoft Sandra and they are pretty terrible, much lower than I'd expect so I don't think its just a reporting problem. Does memory run slower in dual mode? :confused:

(ps there's no BIOS updates available - BIOS is dated 21Dec05)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Well, having waded through all your replies, carefully indexed them and filed them according to weight, relevance and apathy, I'm happy to say :p I found the solution to this.

If anyone has, or is getting, an MSI KN8 Diamond Plus board, please totally ignore the normally helpful colour-coding on the board itself. The manual is bloody confusing on this issue too, it contradicts itself. However, just put twin sticks into the first two slots, Dimm01 & Dimm02 and dual channel will be enabled - ignore both the board and the manual's references to the colour of the slots.

Advertisement