Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are gay men easy

Options
  • 18-03-2006 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Before I start I am 100% straight and have no problem with homosexuality at all.....Last night myself, my father and his girlfriend, my sister and her boyfriend. Went into the george to meet my cousin(who is gay) for a couple of drinks, we were only the place 10 minutes(no exatguration!!) and My Dad got chatted up twice, sisters boyfriend was told he had a lovely smile and I was asked "What I liked for breakfast!!!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You were in the George, it's the gay scene's version of Copperface Jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

You obviously need to experience what it is like being a woman in a bar full of straight men then. Welcome to the reality that men pretty much have one track minds.

I have a question for you. Your father had twice as much attention as you within 10 minutes. Do you think your father is better looking than you? Do you feel inadequate because of this? EDIT: Just so it is obvious I was taking the piss, here's a smilie thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Christ!!! If I were out somwhere and was witness to MY father getting hit on by ANYONE (male or female) I think I'd Vomit and run away screaming! :p

Oh lookey at all the people viewing this thread right now. Hello non-homosexualists! The naked lesbian pictures are on the second page. On behalf of the Pet Shop Boys and Erasure we'd like to thank you for supporting the music industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

damien.m wrote:
    I have a question for you. Your father had twice as much attention as you within 10 minutes. Do you think your father is better looking than you? Do you feel inadequate because of this? EDIT: Just so it is obvious I was taking the piss, here's a smilie thing :)

LOL i dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

damien.m wrote:
    Oh lookey at all the people viewing this thread right now. Hello non-homosexualists! The naked lesbian pictures are on the second page. On behalf of the Pet Shop Boys and Erasure we'd like to thank you for supporting the music industry!
    Hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

As opposed to straight men like?

LiouVille wrote:
    As opposed to straight men like?
    Good point never thought of it that way TBH!

Are you as cute as your avatar? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Hi!

No, no, this guy has a cuter avatar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Stark wrote:

Are you :D

Whatever yer into... it's probably sick and wrong.
    K-TRIC wrote:
    Are you

From what I recall anyway

rsynnott wrote:
    No, no, this guy has a cuter avatar.
    And I'm most definately cuter than it!

Stark wrote:
    Cutier honey ;) *lol*

dbnavan wrote:
    Cutier honey ;) *lol*
    vom

Cutier? Sounds like some kind of vicious sword.

lol.

Kaids is a ride. With two Rs. Rride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Arent all men easy - gay or straight?

Well, when we want to have sex with someone, we"tend" not to pretend otherwise, especially if that someone is receptive. Apart from that, I wouldn't say all men are easy. Some people have morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

LiouVille wrote:
    Some people have morality.

Are you saying casual sex is immoral?

To the O.P.: Boys will be boys. Being a straight guy in a gay scoring joint is an eye-opening experience with regard to what the average female has to put up with in most Dublin clubs.

----begin standard hetero-posting-on-gay-board disclaimer----

I am 100% straight and have no problem with homosexuality at all etc etc, my granny's dog was gay.

• Advertisement

LiouVille wrote:

Well actually everyone has morals but it depends on the morals they have. Morality is quite subjective and differs vastly from social structure to social structure. Can one really justify the existence of "good" since it is entirely relative to the environment we find ourselves in?

Some frigid people use morality as an excuse for their inability to deal with their own internal faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

LiouVille wrote:

What on earth has that got to do with not having casual sex? EVERYONE has morality of some sort or other; it's just rather subjective. While niche moralities may preclude casual sex, I doubt that the morality of the average person these days does.

Sico wrote:
    Are you saying casual sex is immoral?

Depends. Morality is subjective.
    damien.m wrote:
    Well actually everyone has morals but it depends on the morals they have. Morality is quite subjective and differs vastly from social structure to social structure. Can one really justify the existence of "good" since it is entirely relative to the environment we find ourselves in?

I agree that everyone has some form of morality, however I'd disagree that everyone has morality wrt sex. Apart from that, I agree with what you're saying.
    damien.m wrote:
    Some frigid people use morality as an excuse for their inability to deal with their own internal faults.

Some hedonistic (probably not the right term to use) people use the supposedly accepted norms of society,or at least the culture they immerse themselves in, to excuse incredible poor behavior. A well rounded argument would point this out also.

I guess the key point is that, neither the frigid people, nor the slutty people view their flaws as flaws. Often they prize their lifestyle, and whole it dear.

Reading back over the post, it does seem like I'm saying morality == No to casual sex. More accurately, some people have a sense of morality which precludes casual sex.
    What on earth has that got to do with not having casual sex?

Usually an individuals sense of right and wrong, morality for lack of a better word, dictates how they view casual sex. So to answer your question, allot! Also, People today are capable of differentiating between what they consider wrong/right for you to do, and what is wrong/right for them to do. Most people I know, don't participate on casual sex, it's a moral decision for them, however they would have little problem with others doing it, and certainly wouldn't list it on the "Things that are destroying the country" list.

LiouVille wrote:
    Usually an individuals sense of right and wrong, morality for lack of a better word, dictates how they view casual sex.

Calling it casual sex already skews and corrupts the argument.

damien.m wrote:
    Calling it casual sex already skews and corrupts the argument.

How so? what would you call it? Do people that have no problem with casual sex not think of it as casual, perhaps "sex with no strings" would be better. And regardless of how biased the term "casual sex", may well be, it doesn't deflect from the point i made, not the "act/acts" I'm refering to

It's sex. Is the opposite to casual sex "married sex" or "must have gone at least 4 dates before anything frisky sex" or "Christian sect aprroved sex"?

ah ok, so someone's definition of casual sex itself is subject to their morality. Never thought of it that way, always thought of casual as casual. It's a fair point, but only enforces what I'm saying. Morality is a factor in sex, "married sex", "must have gone at least 4 dates before anything frisky sex" , "Christian sect aprroved sex" or any other kind of sex.

Advertisement