Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slanderous signature

Options
  • 18-03-2006 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Can a mod please request that 4Xcut change his signature. It is completly untrue and slanderous.

Many Thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah right. That's due to this thread isn't it?

Looks to me like you were late in meeting up with him but to be honest I think that this is a matter you should bring up with him. This is more of a 'domestic'. My thoughts are that if you were indeed late then his signature is only stating the facts, and it could help out other users on the FS forae to be more dilligent in planning their meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I actually turned up as arranged. 4Xcut didn't , when I got home I found out he was actually online when he was meant to be meeting me. I have already pm'd him, but got no response as of yet.

I think this is extreamly childish and shouldn't be allowed on boards.ie. If everyone behaved like this childish poster then the whole site would be in ruins within weeks.

I have never come across such a childish person and I have never had any issues with the many other people I have dealth with through boards.

I would appriciate it if someone could remove his signature.

Thanks
    K

Seeing as a respected member of boards.ie was just site banned for make unfounded acusations against another member then I think the same action should be taken for this complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I don't want to undercut Gordon, but whether it's true or not, that isn't the place for it. Also, you made me laugh by calling woody "respected". Signature editted, but can the two of you please sort this matter out before it becomes something one of us has to deal with?

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote:
    I don't want to undercut Gordon, but whether it's true or not, that isn't the place for it. Also, you made me laugh by calling woody "respected". Signature editted, but can the two of you please sort this matter out before it becomes something one of us has to deal with?

Thanks for your help. I tried to sort it out but all I got was abuse, its what can be expected from an immature person anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Making myself clearer: I hope the two of you can sort the matter out in such a way that I don't have to hear about it, except perhaps from one of the Shop category moderators, if they ask for an action to be taken beyond their powers to enforce. Nothing personal against you, but I also have nothing against 4Xcut except the means in which he made his complaint.

While my taking a different action to Gordon here was purely a matter of him looking at the dispute, and my looking at how the dispute was expressed, and as such I wasn't strictly in disagreement with him, it doesn't sit well with me that I took a different tact on something another SMod had already commented on.

This puts me in a bad mood. This bad mood is quite likely to affect my decision-making process should the dispute that triggered it come up again.

4Xcut, I'm sure this thread will come to your attention, and the above goes for you too. The two of you can raise it with a relevant mod, or slag the **** out of each other in the Thunderdome, but anything else will piss me off.

Advertisement