Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night Main Event predictions

• 18-03-2006 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

How does everyone see the matches going? Personally I'm excited with the event and this is what I think will happen:

Cena & Triple H vs Rey, Kurt Angle & Randy Orton

I think Smackdown will win this because if they don't people will once again brand it the B show. I think this will be the first time Triple H and Cena will go at it and I think Cena might cause Triple H to get pinned by Rey.

Shawn Michaels vs Shane McMahon (Street Fight)

Should be the match of the night this one. I'll go with Shane O'Mac as I think they will wait until WM22 to give HBK the win over the McMahon family.

Boogeyman vs Booker T

I think Boogeyman might win this one but I really hope he doesn't. Booker's the man!

JBL vs Stone Cold (Beer Drinking Contest)

Is there any doubt? Austin will win and should get a stunner in to boot. It will be good to hear from JR again too. 'STONE COLD! STONE COLD!'

Trish & Mickie vs Victoria & Candice

The one we're all looking forward to (sarcasm). I don't really care about this. They ought to finally turn Mickie heel in this one as her storyline with Trish has gone on way too long.

The Cutting Edge segment with Foley might prove interesting as well. It would be great if The Rock showed up but that's probably being too optimistic.

Anyway, what are your predictions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

ahhh it's finally here :D

i'm still undecided to be honest, i hope smackdown, but after seeing the tricks that randy was up to last night on smackdown. these two teams are liking each other and i dont know how there gonna get along.. randy is the deciding factor in all of this, believe it or not.

shane mcmahon will win and i'm expecting a match of the year, and good ol J.R will be there :D

boogeyman vs booker T. i'm gonna go for the boogeyman

stone cold
    pulease if jbl thinks he's gonna win against austin in a beer drinking contest. ha!!!! it'll be good to see austin again.... and i hope he gives a stunner for good measure...

bah dont really care, but my guess victoria and candice, mickie will do some thing to trish and cost them the match and mickie will go mental and attack trish and admit that she was the one who attacked torrie.

oh and spoiler from smackdown:
    mark henry called the dead man out to face him in a match tonight

the cutting edge should be interesting, i think the rock would show up, he has a movie to promote doesnt he :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I think the Smackdown side will win this one

Shane O' Mac to win this one, probably with help from Vince!

Boogeyman vs Booker T

I hope this isn't another 2 minute match, as Boogeyman's match usually are! Boogeyman to win

Austin!

I really hope that Mickie turns heel during this match, then maybe Victoria and Mickie could team up in future, then we'd actually see two proper wrestlers teaming together, rather than no wrestling talent Candice!

The Cutting Edge segment with Foley should be interesting!

Can't wait to have good 'ol JR back commentating!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i to be honest just cant wait to watch it..
    its gonna be just great to have JR back aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It should be interesting how the commentary works out with JR, King and Taz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

commentary with tazz, jr and king was great.
    lawler wasn't stifled by the no talent coach and was back to form.
    jr was there for the whole show.
    hbk was screwed. yeah, in the same way as bret.

• Advertisement

no coach, j.r back a breath of fresh air:D that was awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

j.r back a breath of fresh air:D that was awesome

It sounded so weird so weird to hear him for the first time in ages but it was GREAT
    overall a good ppv i thought...no major surprises in any of the matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

well done mr nice guy, after watching it first then reading your message, i said to myself good lord it was so clear all along. i should have a) given it some thought or b) read your message first.
    it was still good anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i forgot all about it

will have to watch the repeat tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dharney

was surprised by the ending. but when you think bout it... makes good sence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i forgot all about it

will have to watch the repeat tonight :(

Is it on again tonight? I heard the only repeat was earlier today at 1

At 9 pm on sky sports 3 I think.

yeah its on at 9. i didnt bother with the luch time showing as i thought it would have been made child friendly with chair shots etc removed

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yeah its on at 9. i didnt bother with the luch time showing as i thought it would have been made child friendly with chair shots etc removed

Its funny the chair shots were removed. But Mick Foley falling into thumb tacks was grand for 1pm viewing.

just goes to show how stupid it all is

Its funny the chair shots were removed. But Mick Foley falling into thumb tacks was grand for 1pm viewing.

that just makes no sense..... :confused: i cant stand when they edit those steel chair shot

I agree. Have you ever seen any of those cheesesy American soap shows in the morning time on RTE or whatever? The filth of them!! But they won't show a harmless old chair shot to the head. The worlds gone mad.

I agree. Have you ever seen any of those cheesesy American soap shows in the morning time on RTE or whatever? The filth of them!! But they won't show a harmless old chair shot to the head. The worlds gone mad.

thumb tacks can be pretty much bought and thrown around the kitchen/bedroom floor like they were last night... steel chairs not so much.... :rolleyes:

currently watching the post 9pm repeat

the conchairto censored
    the word screwed censored
    the tombstone censored
    the superplex through the tables censored
    trash can to the face of vince censored

wtf

i do not pay a subscription to be treated like a moron by the ever caring Sky Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Mossy Monk wrote:
    currently watching the post 9pm repeat

the conchairto censored
    the word screwed censored
    the tombstone censored
    the superplex through the tables censored
    trash can to the face of vince censored

wtf

i do not pay a subscription to be treated like a moron by the ever caring Sky Sports

GRRRRRRRRRR! TELL ME F**KING ABOUT IT! i was goin ballistic watching it! i actually only bothered flicking back for the last few mins of the street fight the minute i saw em censor the table crash.

Seriously like, 9 o clock at night, COP THE F**K ON SKY!
    So annoyed after watching it. Didnt think it was that great a show anyways
    Just another raw/smackdown with a difft spin thrown on it.

And what was the point of them having The raw vs smackdown after all its build-up and hype as the curtain raiser match????

Next thing you'll know the royal rumble wont even be the main event match of its own ppv (tm of topdawg, sorry gimmick ha ha)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i wouldn't be surprised if sky recorded it live as it was broadcast, and then edited the only copy of it they had for 1pm leaving them with the kiddie version for 9pm also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

sky + is the only way. i highly recommend sky+. if you order all the movies and all the sports they dont charge you for the + feature.
    i sky+ all the night ones, like raw tonight.

triple h wrote:
    if you order all the movies and all the sports they dont charge you for the + feature

actually if you only have all the sports you get the recording. ditto for having just the movies or one of each

Advertisement