Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moments!

• 18-03-2006 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Me and a mate were doing quests in the Arthai Highlands a few hours ago when we were ganked by the best alliance player on our server. She one shoted us both when we were busy with mobs. Anyway, about an hour later we see a level 33 warlock grinding away so we take her on and absolutly slaughter her. Five minutes later we meet the same warlock again and kill her and so on for about another three times. We started laughing because her corpse disappeared with out turning in to a skelaton which meant that we probably made her log off. A couple of seconds later the best alliance player on the server (Affinity) comes running at us out of nowhere on her epic mount. We were killed instantly. Affinity logs off and guess who logs back on? Our little warlock friend. Pretty obvious it was affinity's alternative charachter. We spend the next 40 minutes ganking her alternative charachter, watching her log out, running for our lives and stealthing in bushes whilst affinity logs in, running about on her epic mount looking for us and us waiting for her to give up and return to grinding with her warlock alt charachter so we can repeat the whole process again. There's nothing more fun in world of warcraft than pissing off the other factions best player and getting away with it!

What has your best experience playing Wow been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Beating Razorgore the Untamed in BWL after trying for a few months with my guild.

Very very cool, as Blackwing Lair becomes easier after that encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

The first Lucifron kill, before MC was nerfed to oblivion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

KingLoser wrote:
    Beating Razorgore the Untamed in BWL after trying for a few months with my guild.

Very very cool, as Blackwing Lair becomes easier after that encounter.
    That was a good feeling. I sat that attempt out because we were short of preists, then 20 minutes later seeing "FCUK YEA!" in guild chat was sweetness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

ah beating nefarion was prlly the best for me so far:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

My best moment in WoW still has to be the time I was xp'ing in tanaris and 2 alliance attempted to gank me.

I was level 42 Arcane/Fire spec'd mage and a 41 Shadow Priest and a 43 Paladin attacked me from behind, while I was eating/drinking.

Ordinarily my first instinct would be to run, but I had just made my Gnomish Mind Control Cap earlier that day, so I used it on the Paladin. Lo and behold, what originally was a 2vs.1 then became a 1vs.2 :D

My Paladin Slave_Pet started auto healing me and then went over and started beating on the Priest. I just pummeled the priest into submission with my Paladni Bot assisting and healing me where necessary.

The fight lasted for a about 18 seconds, with me almost dead and completely manaless and with my paladin manaless.

Knowing that the paladin would regain control any second I just started legging it, cackling evilly to myself, the whole time. Well I only got a couple of feet, when the paladin recovered and started chasing after me. I got through the tunnel thing thats in Tannaris on the East coast, where the pirates are and started to heal up. The dumb paladin actually mounted, to try catch me but then dismounted to go through the tunnel. By the time he got to me, I had full mana and health and proceeded to kite the poor guy.

However, just as I was finishing him, the priest returned. So, I promptly sheeped him, bandaged and used evocation and nuked him as well.

Haha, I never laughed so hard in my life :D I'm telling you, there are now 2 severely psychologically wounded alliance out there on bladefist, that are afraid of fighting mages ;)

Ah, it just epitomised the beauty of the WoW game for me, Skill > Numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Getting jumped in Steamweedle port by a rogue and a mage when i was around level 45..

And shapowning them with my mad priest skills ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm still low enough, so no major PvP things going on. Just remember one funny moment when the Ahn'Qiraj gates opened. The guild channel went mad with people logging onto their mains, "omw"'s and people describing what they were seeing. Then a pause, and a huge list of "x has gone offline. y has gone offline" as everyone in AQ got diconnected. Funny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

PvE Killing Razorgore... one of the hard long slog fights where everyone had to get everthing right, we even tried killing Jim at the start but that did not help. But honestly its a fun fight and once you have it down its easy, pitty it just takes so long to perfect.

PvP there are a few but two shotting warriors is always my favorite, or one shotting a mage as they run by on their mount. Get back here gnome boy I wish to here you squeek!

3312.jpg

^^ One of those moments where you scream "BOOM HEADSHOT!" down TS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Funniest thing I've had happen so far is being ambushed at lvl 56 by a lvl 59 UD rogue while entering Blackrock mountain from Searing Gorge. My lil paladin hit the stopwatch and ran for the Molten Span. Once I got there I veered left, turned right, got my line and then ran, at an angle, off the side. About half way down I hit the bubble and land on the ledge at the bottom unharmed. I hear a thud. I pan veiw and theres the rogue, dead, behind me :D

Laughed my ass off.

A close second was wiping the floor with a shaman called Arashikage from our server with my rogue. Arashikage tends to boast, alot, on our forum about how he owns everyone else, etc etc, so to clean his clock when he knew beforehand that I was there (ie no ambush) was sweet indeed.

<edit>
    Forgot the fun of doing MC with Barra's guild (one of my guildies had won a free run through MC with 4 friends in a Synergy competition) - and the fear as ever single person from his guild on the raid started rushing us during the 'bomb' boss. Eventually retreated down the tunnel to damn near the flamepacks to escape those crazy Synergy :P
    </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

My best so far was kinda a non event, but good none the less.

Using my priest (he was lvl34), i was grinding at the venture co near booty bay, and i was at about 60% health and lowish on mana.

I started getting hit and by something else and i looked and it was an undead mage, 2 levels higher then me. I pants it as i didn't cop his lvl at first, so instinct told me to run as i was already low on health.

The mage was hitting me but not as hard as i expected. I thought i'd lost him but then i got hit with a frost nova, at this point i shilded and used renew. I stuck on a great healing pot and started fighting, i used SW:pain and amplify to get some health back, i then used a couple of smites and saw his health failing. He then sheeped me again, but i knew i was in no danger as, as soon as he hit me again i was running at him, I started wanding him and DoT'd him again... and then he started running.

1 more smite finished him off and i just walked up to him and typed /nod.. and went back to grinding. He didn't come back funnily enough =)

he must have been ashamed of himself! haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

killing a lvl54 mage with my lvl47 lock was nice...especially since he attacked me first...but the best thing thats happened me was either the constant world pvp (before BG) in southshore, even though i was only low level...actually any of the times that i helped defend against a raid were my favourite times.

its a shame BG's have killed outdoor pvp now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

making friends with a little squirrel i found in the woods in stonetalon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

hairball wrote:
    making friends with a little squirrel i found in the woods in stonetalon.
    Awwwwwwwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Killing the demons for the hunter epic quest was memorable for me. Probably the best quest in the game as each provides a unique challenge and tests your skills.

Being part of my guilds first Onyxia kill was also special as we had spent ages trying to kill her and endured a few 1% wipes. funny how we can 20 man her now :)

PvP wise most memorable for wrong reasons I'd say was when I kited a paladin from Felwood to near the Barrens before I killed him :) . He used everything against me, potions, whipper tubers etc. Took bloody ages and my fingers were sore after it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Im on terenas, a PVE server, so there isnt much crazy stuff happening outside BGs. But one time, my warrior at 50, and a pally friend, who was 53, decided to raid Kargath in the badlands by ourselves, to see how far we could go. We killed a few guards, but one fight went wrong and all the civilians there started chasing us (albeit clowly), but one of the guards, kept hacking away at the pally (who had retro aura turned on). Anyway, a 60 tauren flew in and decided to gank the pally. I was gonna run but decideded to try helping. We got him down to about 1/4 health before the pally died. So he turned on me (and he was lvl?? for me), so i hit retaliation, and managed to kill him. We decided to camp his body and chased him into the searing gorge and killed him another 3 times. After the 4th time, when he ressed, 2 of his 60 guildmates had come to help him. He was on his way to blackrock, and we must have delayed their raid by at least 15 mins. Id love to have heard him explaining himself to his guild buddies!

Oh yeah, flying into Gadgetzan and seeing 59 elites attacking the place, a giant floating obelisk thing and skeletons on the ground everywhere was pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Terenas you say, corpse camping all the way to searing gorge... hmmm ;) I want a word buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

PvP - was probably WSG game against the most well equipped horde team. Extremely good game and makes pvp worth playing.

PvE - killing ragnaros for the first time was THE best moment in the game.
    After that was probably vaelestrasz, then nefarian and most recently Princess Huhuran in Aq40.

AHAHAHA FUNKY killed her before you.

Funniest moment - would have to be in BRD in the arena with the spider boss, i was the last person alive but didnt know i had a dot on me, done my /dance and then 'Hober dies.' Soooo funny

Caliden wrote:
    AHAHAHA FUNKY killed her before you.

Congrats, we only even got to attempt her for the second night ever tonight sadly. Instance servers have been GG'd for the last two weeks.

And now shes dead :P

you're still bad

• Advertisement

Y All De H8 M8?????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

learn2playineurope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Caliden wrote:
    Funniest moment - would have to be in BRD in the arena with the spider boss, i was the last person alive but didnt know i had a dot on me, done my /dance and then 'Hober dies.' Soooo funny
    Quite sure that happened with you in RFD too you spa

never ever happened in rfd.

man that frist rfd pull is hard :<

also im getting BB /dance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hehe this is a good thread,

i'd have to say the opening of the AQ gates was the best PVE experiance i've ever had in any game.

Downing magdamar with full raid, 2 hunters, including me, unbeliveably hard with just two tranq shots, dunno if its still as hard but that rocked.

PVP - Hunter -v- Rogue
    An alliance rogue 60 in AV is farming NPC orc's near the starting point ... iceblood(?) pretty much everyone is at the stonehearth bunker at this stage, but i had been handing stuff in for rep, i'm riding through on my wolf, see this guy go stealth on tracking, so i stop. get behind one the catapults, feign death so he cant see a big red marker.. i see him come back on tracking a minute later, so i use the hunters mark and he stealths up again, thing is, he didnt know i could still see him as he was marked, so i placed an ice trap infront of me, and set up a flare... he avoided the flare to attack me from behind .. predictable rogues. I play along and stand with my back to him, waiting to get a scatter shot in then ice him, aimed shot etc.. but the crafty bastard sapped me while i was lagging/blinking and lashed into my pet, 10 seconds later my pet is almost dead, 4k hp it has too... i wake from being sapped, scatter shot him, he fumbles around in all directions, i use aspect of the cheetah to leggit to a safe range, and he blunders into my ice trap which had about 2 seconds left on it.. he's frozen solid.
    I turn back around remark him, and Aimed shot crit him for 3k insta-death lol
    my first 2hit kill :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I remember when I used to play on Draenor, there was a HUGE mob of Alliance attacking Crossroads, I was a lvl30 undead warrior at the time, just doing what I could being slaughtered every couple of seconds...They were pretty much kicking our asses, had the whole of crossroads covered, and most of the other horde there weren't even bothering to respawn, only to get ganked again, when suddenly, there was an even bigger horde force waiting outside the gates of Xrds... Bit odd seeing the alliance defending it alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Lvl 38 already!?

If you're BG-ing I may be seeing you in 40-49 soon...

Don't forget to save for that mount...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

RopeDrink wrote:
    I know!
    My Guild mates told me that at about level 35, 'Start Saving For Your Mount!'...

That's all well and good until you realise you're an AH addict who spends more money on making Auctions and buyout overpriced items that give you a teeny weeny dose of a statistical boost then you make from Auction / Vendor sales...

Argh!

I had 40g at one point which I half spent on minor equipment and weapon enchantments... Now I'm back to 20g and a million AH Auctions that I just KNOW aren't going to sell!

Anyways, I'm level 41 now and so far the BG's (WSG only, seeing as there are never enough Horde for AB) are going well... I'll start saving now, I promise... Nothing worse then travelling with a group of people and being the only one mountless... Preperation + Sprint and minor speed enchantments can only get you so far. ;)

PS. What's your character name? I bet I've cut paths with you before.
    I had 18g at level 39. I flew down to Kargoth in the badlands and spent the day grinding lesser rock elementals (level 37 - 40). Not only did I get to level 40 and half way to 41 doing it but I picked up about 45 elemental earths. Farming those I made about 10g from selling what ever else they droped to the vendor. On my server they all you have to do is say in general chat once that you have elemental earths and you'll get at least three offers straight away. The most I've sold a stack of 10 elemental earths for was 9g, but generally you can sell them for about 50 silver each. The average price of them on Alakazam over the servers is about 1g. Might be worth a look on your server if you want to make about 65g in a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

RopeDrink wrote:
    I know!
    My Guild mates told me that at about level 35, 'Start Saving For Your Mount!'...

That's all well and good until you realise you're an AH addict who spends more money on making Auctions and buyout overpriced items that give you a teeny weeny dose of a statistical boost then you make from Auction / Vendor sales...

Argh!

I had 40g at one point which I half spent on minor equipment and weapon enchantments... Now I'm back to 20g and a million AH Auctions that I just KNOW aren't going to sell!

Anyways, I'm level 41 now and so far the BG's (WSG only, seeing as there are never enough Horde for AB) are going well... I'll start saving now, I promise... Nothing worse then travelling with a group of people and being the only one mountless... Preperation + Sprint and minor speed enchantments can only get you so far. ;)

PS. What's your character name? I bet I've cut paths with you before.

Keep an eye out for Scáth... /salute

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I was killing kobolds up near Hillsbrad. A blue item dropped, I think it was "Wolfear Harness", sold it in the AH for 30g ... sweet. That was at lvl 39 when saving for my mount :)

Advertisement