Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone knows whether the guy who got run over at St.P. at Eyre Square made it?

Options
  • 18-03-2006 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Just wondering cause I couldnt find anything in the news. I only saw the ambulance and the guy lying there and someone else told me that apparently it was a hit and run but the got the license plates. I hope they get those bastards and rip them a new one... :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

he was moving and talking when we last saw him so I'd say he was okay. My friend and I were walking up past the skeff when we heard a car revving behind us which was strange considering Eyre square is fenced up to the pavement at that side. We looked back and there was a car heading towards us on the pavement, rattling the fence as it made ground on us but luckily we could get out of the way in time by ducking into the skeff entrance. Unfortunately some guy tried to stop them at abrakebabra (the gap was narrower there so the car got stuck for a few seconds) and was picked up onto the bonnet, hung on for a while and then was dumped off at the pedestrian crosiing around the corner.

It was a brown ford fiesta and there were two people (obviously drunk) in the front and they sped off in the direction of prospect hill. We waited for the gardai who promptly arrived and told them what happened but there wasnt much else we could do as the guy was being helped by about 20 people at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ripclaw

Well at least he is ok (relatively...)

Sounds like in a bad movie, those guys must have been completely wasted or on god knows what drugs.

Well, they can always blame it on GTA I guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

My experience with the gardai after a hit and run basically has made me lose all faith in the gardai.

I was hit by a car late at night that knocked me up the bonnet, off the windscreen, through the air and down onto the side of the road.
    The car didn't even slow down, never mind stop.
    Two of my friends got the reg number, make, model, and colour of the car and gave it to the gardai.

They even confirmed to us that all the detail my friends gave about the car was correct.

Then they come up with the biggest load of B.S ever.
    They tell me that although they have the car used, they don't have a driver so that they aren't going to continue any investigation.
    Apparently the word of one person is greater than the word of three people.

I mean if it wasn't the owner of the car driving, or anybody he lent the car to, then why wasn't the car reported stolen. Especially seeing as the car was fairly banged up from it bouncing me off it.

Anyhow, enough of my ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

My experience with the gardai after a hit and run basically has made me lose all faith in the gardai.

I was hit by a car late at night that knocked me up the bonnet, off the windscreen, through the air and down onto the side of the road.
    Two of my friends got the reg number, make, model, and colour of the car and gave it to the gardai.

They even confirmed to us that all the detail my friends gave about the car was correct.

They tell me that although they have the car used, they don't have a driver so that they aren't going to continue any investigation.

I mean if it wasn't the owner of the car driving, or anybody he lent the car to, then why wasn't the car reported stolen. Especially seeing as the car was fairly banged up from it bouncing me off it.

Did the Gardaí actually say the car was not reported stolen? You don;t mention this.

Also, if the accident occured not long after the car was stolen. the owner might not have noticed it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

He eventually confirmed to me the car had not been stolen, plus the owner of the car at the time is still driving the exact same car around, I know this for a fact.

Whoever was driving the car obviously musn't have had much of a worry about hitting someone and as far as they knew, could have left them for dead because the car was spotted by my friends and then myself a number of times in the University car park in the weeks after, with a fairly big dent in the bonnet and some scrapes from where it knocked me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

He eventually confirmed to me the car had not been stolen, plus the owner of the car at the time is still driving the exact same car around, I know this for a fact.

Whoever was driving the car obviously musn't have had much of a worry about hitting someone and as far as they knew, could have left them for dead because the car was spotted by my friends and then myself a number of times in the University car park in the weeks after, with a fairly big dent in the bonnet and some scrapes from where it knocked me.

Well to be honest, what I'd do is key that car. Nice big scrapes up along the side.
    Wouldn't care how knackery it is, but something would have to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

dawballz wrote:
    Well to be honest, what I'd do is key that car. Nice big scrapes up along the side.
    Wouldn't care how knackery it is, but something would have to be done.

wonder could u take a civil case against them, or threaten it, and that might show up to cops....i cant believe what u said happened in eyre square. ul lget the usual piece in the advertiser, and witnesses contact millstreet, even thought probably about 20 statements taken on st pats day..i hope they get those scum bags and jail them for attempted murder..

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Well the Gardai are so damn right... This is a case for Fox&Dana. All they can do is put an add in the paper asking whoever drove the car & hit you to come forward and surrender. If no-one does, then hell that means that the car was without a driver!!! Maybe it was one of the Herbie's offsprings that hit you.

Hmm, but no, the add in the paper is not a good idea after all. Cos then everybody will find out how incompetent Gardai really are and some bored politician will even get the crazy idea to to something about it!:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

2005 in Galway . A Story .

Driving instructors car with L plates sticking out of it like everywhere is overtaken dangerously by another car. (on bend )

Dangerous driver has to pull in sharply during event , hits driving instructors car and fails to stop. Buggers off .

Dangerous driver alone, driving instructor has pupil. I think there were other witnesses too or it was in front of a CCTV camera and there was identifiable paint too should anyone take a forensic sample as once could .

Driving instructor ...now with bashed car...goes to Mill St Garda Bunker. Under some protest they actually write down details of the incident and say the usual ...I'll look into it etc

Driving instructor follows up and follows up with the bunker and keeps asking the Gardai what is going on as the investigation seems interminable ..... eventually he is approached with some 'settlement' by dangerous driver which does not involve a court case, I do not know the specifics beyond that or whether the deal was done .

The Dangerous driver was the wife of a Garda stationed in Mill Street at the time which is why the 'investigation' took so long.

Can that poor eeejit prove that the brown Ford Fiesta was not an undercover Squad Car ?????

Advertisement