Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the player's championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Ive been travelling for most of the season and have bno idea how players are doing this year. I love this tournament, had a big win on Adam Scott at Sawgrass couple of years ago and I fancy a gamble this weekend.

Anyone got any tips, I see Tiger is getting 6/1 on PP but theres issues with his Dads health, although knowing Tiger that will just spur him on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

minotour wrote:
    Ive been travelling for most of the season and have bno idea how players are doing this year. I love this tournament, had a big win on Adam Scott at Sawgrass couple of years ago and I fancy a gamble this weekend.

Anyone got any tips, I see Tiger is getting 6/1 on PP but theres issues with his Dads health, although knowing Tiger that will just spur him on!

I've got

bjorn e/w @ 125/1
    Olazabal e/w @ 125/1
    Campbell e/w @ 100/1

Bjorn and Olazabal have won me a decent return previously and 100/1 is a ridiculous price for campbell, major winner last year and overall, a good performer in these tournaments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

VJ is a good bet i reckon..

Also have a few other punts, mainly on Love and Allenby..

Betfair all the way boy.. never mind those bookies!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

I reckon Villegas might be worth an outside shot @ 100/1. I think I might avoid the big 5 this year with the exception of Goosen they are all notoriously poor on this course.

Luke Donald could be a decent bet too but I just cant push myself to root for an Englishman, petty I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm on Allenby e/w at 50-1 and Garcia at 33s.

What do you reckon about Allenby? He's 16-1 now cause he's started brightly but does he have a tendency to peak too soon?

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    I'm on Allenby e/w at 50-1 and Garcia at 33s.

What do you reckon about Allenby? He's 16-1 now cause he's started brightly but does he have a tendency to peak too soon?

I'll tell ya sunday.. ;)

I used betfair because I can put a place bet, instead of having to go each way.. There's top 5 finish, and also top 10 finish... ok your odds are cut, but there's some players who just aren't gonna win, but might put in a decent performance.. . Handy I can tell ya..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

anyone know where I can get up to date scores on the net I have alot of money on a certain spaniard, alot of money, and no sky sports ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

http://www.pgatour.com/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/4847252.stm

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/theplayers

i though i had each way money on goosen...just checked and i had put it on bjorn by mistake...he's only 12 over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Thanks ruggie you're a lifesaver I had sky at work the last two nights so I am suffering from withdrawal tonight. If sergio comes good you could be in for a cut

Grrr.. Love fell to bits.. and VJ shot a +5 last round..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

well i have to say i saw ames winnig that from a mile off:o
    i kept waiting for him to fall apart but he was amazing the way he just kept plugging away

Advertisement