Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weekends Premiership Action(may contain scores)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Birmingham 0 - 2
    (0 - 0) Tottenham R
    A Lennon 65
    R Keane 77

The guy is on fire.

Oh barcelona time.....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes, apparently barcelona are signing every striker in the premier these days that scores a goal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

either that or hes going to watch the barca game....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

yes, apparently barcelona are signing every striker in the premier these days that scores a goal :rolleyes:
    Barcelona are playing Sociedad now on SS3...

lol barca 1 up forgot it was 7 ko :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Larsson has them 1-0 up. Seems to be banging in a few at the moment.

jaysus, keane must be going there to watch the game so. maybe terry henry will join him in the stands?
    theyre good mates you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jaysus, keane must be going there to watch the game so. maybe terry henry will join him in the stands?
    theyre good mates you know.

what are you talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:
    Mido is carrying a slight injury. To his ankle I think. That's why he's only on the bench.

It is alleged that Mido threw a hissy fit in training this week, walked out and went AWOL the following day. The groin strain story is a cover. My source is very good on this.
    KdjaC wrote:
    Birmingham 0 - 2
    (0 - 0) Tottenham R
    A Lennon 65
    R Keane 77

The guy is on fire.

Tap in from a pinpoint Jenas cross. Other than that his work rate (which is what has won him a regular place in the team) was poor. Don't be surprised if he's dropped before Defoe.

Two poor sides TBH, Brum shaded it in the 1st half but they faded once Heskey went off. Spurs improved in the 2nd half with some good driving runs from the middle from Jenas. Dawson was MOM, Davids was a shadow of his early season form.

Steo Kelly was a huge improvement on Stalteri, hopefully he's done enough to hold a place in the said.

Here's hoping this was the win Spurs needed to boost confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

unusual question, but would anyone have the goals and maybe even the sending off from the blackburn game today ? there was a fireworks display here in athlone and it caused me to miss the highlights on the premiership :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'll probably have them in the morning, but if you can't wait that long The Premiership is repeated at 2.25am tonight on Net2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

cool, i'll try stay up for the premiership, we'll see how long i last, if ur able to host them in the morning, it would be very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

cool, i'll try stay up for the premiership, we'll see how long i last, if ur able to host them in the morning, it would be very much appreciated :)

Savage got two yellows for nothing. Bellamy scored two crackers. Would be nice to see them uploaded. I don't know about Keane but Bellamy is on fire at the minute, and just at the right time for Blackburn too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'll hopefully have them up by 1.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Newcastle v Liverpool KO 1.30

My formation guesses

Reina
    Carragher Hyypia Agger Warnock
    Kromkamp Gerrard Hamann Kewell
    Cisse-Crouch

Subs Dudek Garcia Traore Fowler Alonso

No Finnan!

Maybe Pool will play 3 CBs and two "wing backs"

Newcastle

Given
    Elliot-Ramage-Boumsong-Babyaro
    Solano--Parker---Emre--N'Zogbia
    Shearer-Ameobi

Subs:- Clark, Dyer, Bowyer, Harper, Moore

Damn, No Bramble!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

No Finnan? Odd.
    I'd say Elliott will be Boumsong's parnter at centre back Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Savage's two yellows:

The first one was a yellow card, a reckless challenge.
    The second one, if you saw goals on sunday, it was very clear that he intentionally put out his hand to block it, in which case, it was a yellow, and thefore he shoulda been sent off

That was quick! We're on a roll! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

how r liverpool playing? is it 4-4-2 or have they got 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs?

what was the goal like?

I did'nt see it myself (I have no radio or tv! NTL FM fivelive feed is dead and they dont fix anything at the weekend). It came from a Kronkamp cross and was put away by Crouch. I'm reduced to peering at an Italian 100kps feed I just found

http://www.rts.co.yu/rts2uzivo.ram

Try if you like and good luck with your eyesight!

Mike.

• Advertisement

Hamann down and the crowd are giving him the bird. Boywer is on so a red can be expected at some point!

Gerrard!!!!! 2-0.

Mike.

Gerrard scored an absolutely sublime goal, pure inspiration from the captain again.

Newcastle are seriously testing Liverpools defense, which looks decidely weak because of Hypia

Newcastle score, too easy.

Mike.

Liverpool are playing an unfamiliar formation, but they have adapted really well to it:
    Reina

Carra---Hyypia--Agger
    Kronkamp
    Hamann
    Warnock
    Cisse----Gerrard
    Kewell--
    Crouch

They were by far the better team, but Ameobi's goal really brought Newcastle back into it. I'm glad they scored, I think the game would have faded away, at least now they can make a game of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Wheres finnan today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

half time, second half should be good, hopefully we bring on dyer as we are not testing the liverpool defence that much, bring on moore for boumsong too, boumsong is ****e at both ends of the pitch. come on the toon!

Wheres finnan today?
    I didn't hear any injury news, but I think he's been dropped for the new formation.

Lemlin wrote:
    Savage got two yellows for nothing. Bellamy scored two crackers. Would be nice to see them uploaded. I don't know about Keane but Bellamy is on fire at the minute, and just at the right time for Blackburn too.

he will probably join robbie keane and terry henry at barca next season...

and saha.

and tim cahill is doing well as well. no doubt he will be signed as well...

Boumsong, what are you doing????????
    A simple ball came to him, he completely air-kicked it to let Crouch in, the pulled Crouch down in the box, Liverpool get a penalty and Boumsong gets sent off.
    Cisse put away the penalty, 3-1 Liverpool. Althought he incensed the fans by pulling up his top and revealing a message on his t-shirt (getting a yellow card) and nearly got sent off less than a minute later for having a go at the fans again. Getting fiesty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Boumsong is a lunatic.

Interesting that Cisse is inciting fans there, he just incited every Newcastle fan in the ground and the game threatened to get out of control as a result of it. I wonder will the FA look into it.

• Advertisement

Boumsong, what are you doing????????
    A simple ball came to him, he completely air-kicked it to let Crouch in, the pulled Crouch down in the box, Liverpool get a penalty and Boumsong gets sent off.
    Cisse put away the penalty, 3-1 Liverpool. Althought he incensed the fans by pulling up his top and revealing a message on his t-shirt (getting a yellow card) and nearly got sent off less than a minute later for having a go at the fans again. Getting fiesty!

you know, normally im happy for players to get sent off just games before they take on spurs, but i was actually hoping he would be playing against us :)

Liverpool fans should be worried when Cisse scores, because he always does something stupid to restore his fantastic/frustrating balance.
    After a good move he ended up with the ball at his feet, 2 on 1 against Elliott with Kewell in acres, and I mean acres of space. All he had to do is square it and Kewell was 1 on 1 with Given. Instead he shot from a tight angle, hit it wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cisse should have seen red for inciting the fans, no doubt the FA will take action. No need for that what so ever.

Liverpool are ripping them part everytime they get the ball and dont seem to be trying very hard. This is game Pool strikers should all get a goal or 2.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Poor Newcastle - the honeymoon is definitely over now :(.

How in the hell have liverpool not scored more? Its just selfish bad attacking play, Kewell has been in acres of space.
    Best shown just there by Garcia trying an incredible attempt, they really aren't making the extra man count, its nuts

Every striker in the Premiership would be dying to play in this game the way Newcastle are defending at the moment. They are so, so open at the back. There's no closing down whatsoever. The front 3 (now consisting of Kewell, Cisse and Luis Garcia) are finding themselves in a criminal amount of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

while it was silly of cisse and he will get punished, i can understand what he was doing; the crowd was giving him sh1t because he produced a t-shirt saying "i love you" to his wife and kids, and it was down in the Newcastle half; but he celebrated to the camara, not the fans. then they started booing and shouting abuse so he smiled and gave the "c'mon" gesture with his hands as if saying - i dont care what you say, so keep it coming if you want coz we're winning.

also bowyer cant tackle for sh1t, and given pulled off some great saves. with no other newcastle player really doing well - good to see dyer playing i think he is a very good player.

veyr impressed with the formation and warnock played very well considering how badly he has played most of the season, he was convincing in attack and good in defence, Agger and Kromkamp played well to with Carra the rock he usually is. Gerrard once again lynchpin of the team and kewell wasn't too bad.

But Hyypia was poor i thought and made a few mistakes and Hamann hasnt the legs for 90 minutes if you ask me. I think he is the player to bring on to close out the game in the last 15 and not a starter (but until momo comes back we dont have many options).

5-4-1 witht wingbacks suited us very well and I had a feeling we may see the formation at some time when Kromkamp came in, as i heard he was really an wing back, and then when we signed this new guy from Valencia who is also a wing back. i would definitely like to see it again, particulalry against the top 2/3 team to help break them down.

and FINALLY! good to see Crouchie on the scoresheet and Cisse nick one - thats 8 goals in 2 games with all of our strikers scoring. 2nd place here we come.....

Steady on!

Cisse is a twat no question (all t-shirt lifting celebrations should be subject to a pink card for being sooo 'ghay'). As for Boomsong I shudder when I remember he was linked heavily with Pool before he ened up at Rangers.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Call_me_al wrote:
    while it was silly of cisse and he will get punished, i can understand what he was doing; the crowd was giving him sh1t because he produced a t-shirt saying "i love you" to his wife and kids, and it was down in the Newcastle half; but he celebrated to the camara, not the fans. then they started booing and shouting abuse so he smiled and gave the "c'mon" gesture with his hands as if saying - i dont care what you say, so keep it coming if you want coz we're winning.
    No matter what spin you put on it, there's no justifying what he did. It was still inciting the crowd.

Honeymoon period definately over for Newcastle, they have been shocking in the last two games. They only lost 2-0 and 3-1, but could so easily have lost both by 5, because both United and Liverpool were guily of wasting opportunitites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Call_me_al wrote:

cisse took off his shirt and was acting the prick to the fans when he scored, he deserved to get the abuse that he got, then he stuck out his tongue at the toon fans and deserved more abuse, cisse is a muppet and was not being professional at all

well thank you grame souness for signing that 8million pound worth of ****e called boumsong, must be one of the worst cb in the premiership.

Of the liverpool strikers, I thought Crouch played well enough, not amazingly, but played his game quite well.

Cisse was quite poor, and if it wasn't for the peno he woulda had a woeful game.
    Fowler didnt make an impact, a player like him shoulda nicked one against Newcastle.

Boomsong is a fool, and even though Slyvestre has his mess ups, they are never as bad as his, I don't know how he gets his game for France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    Fowler didnt make an impact, a player like him shoulda nicked one against Newcastle.
    Yeah definitely. In fact I'm surprised he didn't score two in the three minutes he was on the pitch.

I'm surpried he did'nt start as he is cup-tied against Brum.

Mike.

How in the name of god was that not a penalty for Fulham??? Terry has gotten away with it again.

• Advertisement

Dont tell me - a blatent arm block?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Dont tell me - a blatent arm block?

Mike.
    No an awful sliding tackle in the box, stone wall penalty, Mike Dean would want to be demoted for the rest of the season for that.

1-0 Fulham deserved tbh

Boa Morte

kdjac

Great decision by the linesman, just onside, lucky enough goal but well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

whats the story with the double sub on 26 minutes?
    Wright Philips and Joe Cole off for Duff and Drogba!

• Advertisement
Advertisement