Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options
  • 18-03-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Now normally I wouldnt even suggest that trinity could come up with a good idea between the lot of them but I think there on to something with there woo hoo thread on the trinity boards.Theres been a lot of negativity on this forum recently(probably down to three weeks off-eek summer exams looming) so I thought we could use this thread as a tranquil haven to look at all the positive things going on in our lives:) A sort of virtual spa for us ucdians...

So il begin....
    Yay we have three weeks off.We dont have to go into college if we dont want to and if we do we can use the time to catch up on some work or actually start to work as is pandas case!We can go out next week and not feel guilty about missing our 9 O'Clock lecture...bring on whelans on Thursday night and mega long lie in on Friday without the usual missing lectures guilt trip!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Work is empty today so I just get to relax and listen to music while I wait for my post-cup final hangover to go away. HURRAH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Feels like some sort of bizarre Belfield micro-Thanksgiving, but...

...I'm grateful that I go to a University big enough to act as a reasonable enough microcosm for society at large, with politicians, sportspeople, clubs and societies, and oodles of wireless internet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I love that I still meet new people every week in ucd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

took this first week off but next week i got a lot of catching up to do for uni.
    Ah im enjoying my time away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have a new, lovely boyfriend and I'm finally getting over being sick after almost 3 weeks. (Hope I haven't spoken too soon!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Does that mean that Sangre's not allowed post in here...? :confused:

Good things: 2 more weeks with no college :cool: Ireland are playing England in the rugby today :cool: Can't think of anything else :cool:

There's some bad things, but I'll save them for another day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i had great nite late night and im just up out of bed so my hangover is gone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I just discovered the joy of having a broken heart but being too pished to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

yay, the earliest i got up last week was 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have a job interview for next Thursday. Woo-hoo!

(I won't get it but I can enjoy the moment)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got paid yesterday :D I've also got lots of hours in work next week, so when I get paid for them I'll finally be able to afford a new pair of skate shoes, like I've been promising myself for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
    Ireland 28 - 24 England
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blowfish wrote:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
    Ireland 28 - 24 England
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    :D F*cking deadly match, nearly had a heart-attack!

Go on the Ireland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Was unexpectedly babysitting last night and will be tonight, so money! YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ireland won the triple crown.. yay!
    My phone calved last night.. but thats good coz I have an excuse to get a shiny new one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ireland won, Michaels reached an S's final. Good times. And Platoon's on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

woohoo

1) experienced 40 of the most exciting minutes of rugby i've seen in years
    2) cool new girlfriend
    3) got absoutely ****faced at the mater hospital ball on thursday and had one of my best nights in a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

woohoo

2) cool new girlfriend
    3) got absoutely ****faced at the mater hospital ball on thursday and had one of my best nights in a while!
    Are ya gona put pics up of the ball on bebo-I wanna suss out this new gal of yours!I heared my bro had an unbeaten record of scoring both on and off the mater rugby pitch:rolleyes: Have u met him yet?
    What a great way to end st patricks weekend with that brillliant win in twickenham!Ah the look on lawrence Dallaigo's face was priceless but jeez I couldnt take anymore of the video ref and my nails are now totally non existent!
    Heading to Limerick vs London tommorow-Go on London!

Pythia wrote:
    I have a new, lovely boyfriend and I'm finally getting over being sick after almost 3 weeks. (Hope I haven't spoken too soon!)
    2) cool new girlfriend

Coincidence? I think not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Scraggs wrote:
    Ireland won the triple crown.. yay!
    My phone calved last night.. but thats good coz I have an excuse to get a shiny new one!!

Calved? (I'm actually really interested in knowing what you mean by that.)

Am home from babysitting already (they usually stay out until between 3 and 5), got a 33.34% raise since I last babysat there. Got the house cleaned today so the maternal stress levels post ospideal were minimal, and my mammy brought a take-away to the house I was babysitting in for me. (It's a real necessity to have someone who'll do that for you when you live in the middle of nowhere.) Plus, the woman I babysit for was sober when she got home, so I wasn't in fear of my life in the car on the way home. Multiple goodness!

It's the little things that make a big difference.

Oh, and there's Chocolate Therapy in the freezer for tomorrow. Anyone ever suffering from anything-related chocolate cravings cannot humanly resist Chocolate Therapy. Ben & Jerry own my soul for inventing/making/selling it.

panda100 wrote:
    Are ya gona put pics up of the ball on bebo-I wanna suss out this new gal of yours!I heared my bro had an unbeaten record of scoring both on and off the mater rugby pitch:rolleyes: Have u met him yet?
    What a great way to end st patricks weekend with that brillliant win in twickenham!Ah the look on lawrence Dallaigo's face was priceless but jeez I couldnt take anymore of the video ref and my nails are now totally non existent!
    Heading to Limerick vs London tommorow-Go on London!

Yea was just introduced to him. Nice lad, but he's one big reason why I'd prefer not to be playing against him for Vincents RFC! He was lurking around the 3rd Med tables, that may end the mystery for ya! Have no pics I'm afraid, forgot the camera. Have a feeling gilly or one of those lads might have pics. If i see them i'll send you in their direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I think Trinity had a moan thread too, which I like, the weather's crap, I'm tired etc:p I had a really good night out last night, in the odeon of all places, and bought new shoes today, ooh new shoes, looked like a bit of a hobo changing my shoes in st. stephens green then throwing my old ones in the bin! God they were in bits. heading home for the day now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Screw that, the Wales/France game was just as enthralling from an Irish point of view. Amazing sporting day actually.

Incidentally, house party last Wednesday, got mucho el langered. Woo for that! And woo for USI congress tomorrow 'til Thursday.

Screw that, the Wales/France game was just as enthralling from an Irish point of view. Amazing sporting day actually.

Fair enough, didnt see it tbh. Great few days i suppose, 1-2-3 in the Gold Cup too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

1 more kick for Michael's on Friday and 1 more kick for Wales on Saturday and this weekend would have been C R A Z Y.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Dear Lord, I am thankful for the Artic Monkeys, UCD after five when it empties out, being here four years and knowing the place like the back of my hand, writing silly graffiti about the place that sometimes people mention and fail to realise it is me, I no longer go to the parties I used to but those were good, the people and enough books to make a book nerd such as myself go weak in the knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

Ireland won the triple crown, which is always good...and my sister had twins last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

My boomerang came back at last... Hooray!!!

I found a Star Bar in my pocket... "

I had a Star Bar for lunch... "

How can life get any better... anyone got a cure for a broken heart?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

I found a fiver i didn't know i had in my pocket yesterday. i love it when that happens...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement