Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lads, you're making me feel bad ... I can't start the d**n essay til I finish this research proposal due tomorrow. I've a feeling tomorrow will be a very late night :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

can i suggest that you get a lecturer to write your proposal, probably a non runner but i magically got one of mine to write my proposal for me, admittedly it was just for summer research but still, handy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sorry mate :(

If it's any consolation, I've known about this essay since before the mid-term and only started working on it about 2 days ago! And I have a philosophy essay due in a week and I haven't even looked at the title!!!

:(

I don't think so Stepherunie, and I was having such a good day after a really bad morning! ;) But I nealy missed the deadline, so I should be grateful for that, plus I have a really clear idea of what I want my thesis to be about. I've actually been emailing lecturers since February about it. But I do want it to be good, Trinity didn't ask for a proposal so I reckon it must count for quite a bit with UCD.

Cheers Dave, that's nice :D Although I do have three due before Friday week, all of which I've known about for a while. :eek: One of which has to be turned into a presentation :eek: This is payback for spending two weeks concentrating on my trinity application, at this rate my marks won't be good enough to get into either! :rolleyes:

Positivity, positivity, positivity, it'll get you through anything, that and eye candy, i find that useful.

Stick with the happy vibe, if you've been thinking about it for that long it'll stand to you and show through and keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Positivity, positivity, positivity, it'll get you through anything, that and eye candy, i find that useful.

see, i've been saying the whole positivity thing for years and no one listens to me :)

You just need to be forceful and very happy, I do it all the time, seems to have an effect - or else i'm so happy i'm like the H5N1 virus..... ladies and gents the poll is open - you may now begin voiting on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

YES! I have to go to Montreal next week for a conference and I thought I would miss the Leinster vs Munster game, but I found a place showing it with breakfast for $10!

&#231 wrote: »
    see, i've been saying the whole positivity thing for years and no one listens to me :)

Why would anyone do that?! :p Quiet you, I've far too much to do, so much so that positivity is my only desperate lifeline left! D**n proposal, maybe I should just consider leaving college :rolleyes:

Edioted to add a real woo-hoo: Both my references will be submitted in time, despite the seriously short notice given to my referees! OMG, such a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I have Liga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I have Liga.
    Ouch, what did your GP say?

Ouch, what did your GP say?

lol.

He said he won't tell my mammy and daddy so its ok.

Another woohoo....visa applications for cuba have been sent off. Not long now!

*does the I'm going to cuba dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

thats pretty cool, how long u goin for?

tintinr35 wrote:
    thats pretty cool, how long u goin for?

Just for a holiday. 7 nights in a Sandals resort and then 2 nights in Havanna. (I'll need it after these poxy exams.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

my ipod came in the post today. it is shiny. and black. and it goes click click.

but my new laptop's not coming till next week so i've no way of using it! bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rain on wrote:
    my ipod came in the post today. it is shiny. and black. and it goes click click.

but my new laptop's not coming till next week so i've no way of using it! bah.
    woo hoo indeed! make sure u get a good case to keep it nice and shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

irlrobins wrote:
    woo hoo indeed! make sure u get a good case to keep it nice and shiny.
    you know how apple give a student discount? i spent the €30 i saved on a case.

not being able to use it is sooooooooo frustrating though. also the prospect of how long it's going to take to put my 300+ CDs on there is daunting. but musn't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

rain on wrote:
    you know how apple give a student discount? i spent the €30 i saved on a case.

not being able to use it is sooooooooo frustrating though. also the prospect of how long it's going to take to put my 300+ CDs on there is daunting. but musn't complain!
    My I-pod died a week ago, as did my brothers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

My stoopid ipod is about 60 songs off being full. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Woo-hoo, the new Tool album's available :D Time to run home and 'buy' it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Tool are silly.

My iPod's just about hanging in there. Some cause for a wahoo.

Blasphemy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waltons wrote:
    Woo-hoo, the new Tool album's available :D Time to run home and 'buy' it
    Mmm, yoinkage. :)
    Must get my hands on this.

It's fantastic, RK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

w00t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

OMG abuse of moderator powers!
    I'm looking at you Steph.
    >_>

I discovered add-ons for FireFox and my Mac! Now one swift wrist movement my current tab is gone and I'm looking at boards instead of some sort of 'bad' site! :D And if that's not enough, I click a button on the desktop on my laptop, and the whole desktop changes to a new one!!! :D (yes, like Linux!)

Oh the fun I'll have in tomorrow's lectures, looking for more add-ons ¬_¬ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Try the session saver one. If you are browsing 10 sites in different tabs, then close firefox, the next time you open it, it will load back up all of those 10 sites :). It's handy, because if you then get firefox to remember your email address and password, you never have to log in again, it will do it automatically as it's loading the page. The same goes for boards and any other site.

Session Saver is, indeed, handy, but it has led to me relying on IE if I just wanna open one page quickly :(

• Advertisement

Funny you should mention it as I got that one too! :D It's fairly handy indeed.

You got any other suggestions, while we're on the subject? :p I only looked through 3 pages of... lots!
    Waltons wrote:
    Session Saver is, indeed, handy, but it has led to me relying on IE if I just wanna open one page quickly :(

:eek:

DEVIL CHILD!

Never refer to spoiler]IE[/spoiler in my presence again! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement