Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

From now on I will be calling bonless, boner. This is his new name; Boner.

Word. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Haha, just looked up blackboard and have discovered that apart from a film viewing session at 2.15 tomorrow i have the entire day off to study, woot!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I found a tenner on my way into college this morning! That and the weather! Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    Sorry Darling... wrong number :D !!!! I misread and had a wierd vision....
    Ditto. Altho I wouldn't call it "wierd"... More like "pleasant"... Mmmm...:D

Woohoo, I'm practically finished my Neutrality essay!
    Now I just have to write a conclusion...

How to write "Irish Neutrality is a loada balls based on what I've just proved" in a more historeographical manner...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ditto. Altho I wouldn't call it "wierd"... More like "pleasant"... Mmmm...:D

Woohoo, I'm practically finished my Neutrality essay!
    Now I just have to write a conclusion...

How to write "Irish Neutrality is a loada balls based on what I've just proved" in a more historeographical manner...

'Thus, in conclusion, one could say that Irish neutrality is a load of balls'1

1 Fanning, Ronan et al, The Ballsation of Irish Neutrality, Dublin 2006 p73

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I used to defend Irish neutrality by blowing up bits of Wicklow... I bet the citizens of this island would've cra**ed themselves if they knew that :D

I was a wizard with the 120mm rifled mortar!! Pity I got left and right mixed up!!

I am having chicken curry for dinner today!! WOO WOO!!!!

Watch out that ya don't cut your gums on pieces of shrapnel when eating that curry... I've heard that hunting chickens with a 125mm Mortar results in some intensely Metal dinners. \m/

@elmyra: Excellent! I choose to take your quote on trust... That First is totally mine...

boneless wrote:
    I used to defend Irish neutrality by blowing up bits of Wicklow... I bet the citizens of this island would've cra**ed themselves if they knew that :D

I was a wizard with the 120mm rifled mortar!! Pity I got left and right mixed up!!

I am having chicken curry for dinner today!! WOO WOO!!!!

As in Glen of Imaal? Ever been to Fentons?

@Seb...would I set ya wrong honey? :p

elmyra wrote:
    Hmmm... I think, for the good of my physical well-being, I should avoid answering that question!:D

;) intuitive. I wouldn't hurts ya though, I'm only a weak lil girl!

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    As in Glen of Imaal? Ever been to Fentons?

I practically lived in Bobbys!! Do you remember the 84mm throw-away anti tank tube on the wall there? I gave him that, then he barred the whole 7th FAR one night for staging a show involving a BS and a dead sheep... oh, they was the daze....

boneless wrote:
    I practically lived in Bobbys!! Do you remember the 84mm throw-away anti tank tube on the wall there? I gave him that, then he barred the whole 7th FAR one night for staging a show involving a BS and a dead sheep... oh, they was the daze....

Ok but his name was Don....I bet we were there at the same time at some point, my granda's from there, I used to go there every Sunday. I remember something like that on the wall, me no know anything about weaponry. It's closed at the moment cos they forgot to renew their licence. Duh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I didn't suffer the hideous task of watching Leinster get thrashed. However, related bitch/moan/gripe: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51256314&postcount=443

(Another woo: successfully created post loop...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God.

30 - 6. Read'em and weep!!!

*does circular crazy-dance*

Blush_01 wrote:
    Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God.

30 - 6. Read'em and weep!!!

*does circular crazy-dance*
    /me makes moaning noise only comparable to drunken bum on the Subway
    "nyaaaaaaaaaahgetouddahere..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

*does little jump-for-joy skips around the room*

Yay, the underdogs strike again. Everyone said Leinster'd win, but despite only having 14 men... Hell, you already know! Makes me want to go see Alone It Stands again. *Beams*

[selective memory loss]
    didn't see it, don't care... although sitting on three Dublin Buses for an hour and a half wasn't exactly worth it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I always miss out on all the good things! My mates were drinking with Pete Doherty the other week when he was in Carlow... Now I'm not exactly a fan but I would've liked to have got the chance to see him and make up my own mind about him rather than reading all the tabloid shoite!

Also I've a good story bout my mate and bono...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Scraggs wrote:
    I always miss out on all the good things! My mates were drinking with Pete Doherty the other week when he was in Carlow... Now I'm not exactly a fan but I would've liked to have got the chance to see him and make up my own mind about him rather than reading all the tabloid shoite!

Haha, sort of the same thing happened with me. Before one of Babyshambles gigs at The Village a year or so back I was drinking in the bar pre gig and I noticed there was a large group of people near us livin' it up but I didn't recognise any faces, didn't take any notice of it. Then I look and I see Pete walking past me coming from the table.... he was at the table but he was sooo out of it (doesn't take much to guess what he was on! ;) ) and pale looking that I didn't recognise him! :( I was gutted because my hero was sitting so close to me and if I was more aware I could have chatted to him. :(

In saying that any fan who has met him in person has said that he is a gent of a bloke. Ignore the tabloid sh!t written about him, yes he's got problems but the way some of these journos go about assinating him in the papers is pure sick and vile.
    Scraggs wrote:
    Also I've a good story bout my mate and bono...

Tell me more! Is Bono robbing money off people for Africa again and investing it in a new pair of trousers and hat. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You idolise Pete Doherty a junkie and slag Bono for his charity work? What are you on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I idolise Pete for his music. I'm taking something called the ''piss'' out of Bono's courtcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I idolise Pete for his music. I'm taking something called the ''piss'' out of Bono's courtcase.
    Bono was embezzlin' :eek: . I had heard nothing. Tell me more.

elmyra wrote:
    Ok but his name was Don....I bet we were there at the same time at some point, my granda's from there, I used to go there every Sunday. I remember something like that on the wall, me no know anything about weaponry. It's closed at the moment cos they forgot to renew their licence. Duh!

Correct, it was Don... I'm old. I think Bobby was the senior steward in McKee NCO's mess... or was that Pete? How I remember my way home sometimes I dont know... did they sell Fentons recently? I haven't been down there in a few years.

YES!!!!
    Finally finished my last History assignment EVER. 1,650 words, and a damn fine essay even if I say so myself. Which I do.

Now just 1 more essay left: 2,500 words on post-communist transition in eastern central europe. What larks, eh Pip!?!?

Ugh...did marxism in jurisprudence. Worst topic....EVER!

My woohoo is I uploaded some photos of me as a kid so now everyone can enjoy my cuteness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My woohoo is the fact that tomorrow is my last ever Monday of my last ever week in UCD....I hope. I really really hope!

My woohoo is the fact that tomorrow is my last ever Monday of my last ever week in UCD....I hope. I really really hope!
    Have you still got that birdflu that was troubling you last week?
    Are you able to speak now, or are we going to have to communicate in disjointed, and probably crude, sign language?

It is also my last Monday...that is most certainly not a woohoo. I loved college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Loved the people, hated the place. It'll be nice to get out there and get a job, move out and start living. :p

Seb, the birdflu has disappeared thankfully. Although I may as well have been ill for the amount of study I did.

Another woohoo = Kopperberg mixed fruits!

• Advertisement

Also known as 'Old Leg Opener' in some circles, or 'Satans Ribena' in others...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement