Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DaveMcG wrote:
    Oh dear..........!!!

With perspiration of course. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think I'm very close to having my section of our software engineering project done! :D Need to meet up with the guys on Tuesday to check, but I have an inkling that there's only a little bit left to be done...
    \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Got Snow Patrol's new album and Taking Back Sunday's new album today.
    Snow Patrol's one, Eyes Open, is f**king brilliant. Better than Final Straw IMO.
    Taking Back Sunday's effort, Louder Now, is ok but not to the extent Kerrang (the big bullsh*tters) were going on about it earlier - "The BEST album of 2006 OMG Creamd our pantz" etc - and I still would say either of TBS' previous albums are probably better.

But woo-hoo, I've got music and likey a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

SebtheBum wrote:
    Got Snow Patrol's new album and Taking Back Sunday's new album today.
    Snow Patrol's one, Eyes Open, is f**king brilliant. Better than Final Straw IMO.
    Taking Back Sunday's effort, Louder Now, is ok but not to the extent Kerrang (the big bullsh*tters) were going on about it earlier - "The BEST album of 2006 OMG Creamd our pantz" etc - and I still would say either of TBS' previous albums are probably better.

But woo-hoo, I've got music and likey a lot!
    I actually went to a Taking Back Sunday gig despite never having heard any of there stuff(can't remember exactly why I did this). twas allright, nothing to write home about though.

hate Hate HATE Snow Patrol. What a horribly boring group... each to their own though. And usually any band that Kerrang hypes ends up being crap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just got all the lyrics for 10,000 days and i must say im utterly amazed. Pure brilliance imo (tho loving the band kinda taints me i guess :p ).

Its a refreshing change to have a band who creates a song to tell a story or get something accross and not just because their record label has them contracted to pump out x albums every x years. I can see why it was so long since their last album when they create something like this. More than worth the wait!

Each song it is a sheer pleasure for me to personally listen to and even more now that i understand more what they trying to say in an entirety rather than just catching bits and pieces.

Long live Tool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Oh come on they're not that good.

*awaits onslaught having dismissed B-K-DzR's entire loving post in one fail swoop*

My whoo hoo is that I rang up my friend to wish her a happy birthday and spent like 3 hours on the phone to her, it wont be a whoo hoo when the good people at Vodafone send out my bill but I really enjoyed talking to her, we have the exact same sense of humour but we don't get to see half enough of each other now since we went to different colleges and stuff. We're planning to have a sleepover like when we were in school for my birthday....though it'll have to be after my birthday cos of stupid exams.

Incidentally..

What I said: 'I was on the UCD boards there....'
    What she heard: 'I was on the UCD boars there...'

Endless hilarity. I miss Lou!

elmyra wrote:
    We're planning to have a sleepover like when we were in school for my birthday....though it'll have to be after my birthday cos of stupid exams.

Cool. What time should I get there at? :D

Cool. What time should I get there at? :D

Oh it'll just be a bunch of girls giggling and frolicking in their pyjamas. You probably wouldn't like it

elmyra wrote:
    Oh it'll just be a bunch of girls giggling and frolicking in their pyjamas. You probably wouldn't like it

I'm quite willing to be won over to the idea...

• Advertisement

I have coke, and I'm working on making my summer exams study playlist :)

I have coke, and I'm working on making my summer exams study playlist :)
    Ditto.
    Minor w00tage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Ah, the Snow Patrol album. If only any of you had asked me to Gmail it to you a month ago when I got it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Snow Patrol and their emotional whining songs put me to sleep..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

They're brilliant background music. The best kind of bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

i'm not a fan of snow patrol if im going to be honest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I just found out who won the awards, and I think the voters rocked!

I have terrifically pretty new shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Woohoo just realised that I've no more classes and the years over!
    Yeah I know its 4 days late...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i have just discovered the musical delights of Panic! at the disco and im very impressed

Woo Hoo! Monday Night Raw starts in ten minutes. What will the fallout be from Backlash now that Cena retained his title? Will Shelton Benjamin use his rematch clause against RVD for the IC belt? What will Kane do next and will HBK make an appearance? All this and more...

I have my bread roll ready, three packets of King Crisps, and my Aero. Now just to prepare the mug of tea.

F*ck exams and f*ck study. Bring on the wrestling! :D

• Advertisement

Now yoinking more Trivium.. found a torrent of their first album with loads of seeds so it should be mine in about 10 minutes from now. I caught myself drumming along on my desk to Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hurray, I got a seat in the laptop area on Level 2 by coming in extremely early. They're all gone now. Mu ha ha...

Pythia wrote:
    Hurray, I got a seat in the laptop area on Level 2 by coming in extremely early. They're all gone now. Mu ha ha...

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

elmyra wrote:
    Ditto.

*Looks around to find find elmyra*

Pythia wrote:
    *Looks around to find find elmyra*

first row as you walk in, with my back to the lake. I'm guessing you're behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I must have walked past both of you, saw sangre but didn't recognise him quickly enough to be polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

why would you be polite to sangre? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

:), found the best place ever, me and one other guy, ok maybe not the best place ever, if carlsberg did it he would be a she, but really quiet and wireless coming from I don't know where. No doubt some git will come and tell me to piss off for some **** reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

W00t!
    Found a new computer type area.

/off to rant/bitch/moan thread to disclose that I should be studying!

• Advertisement

humbert wrote:
    No doubt some git will come and tell me to piss off for some **** reason.
    ...and this is why I no longer study in the library, preferring to procrastinate at home.

Too many times this sorta thing happened to me in the library - usually when I'd only been there 15 minutes, and when I'd refuse to move the "git" would sit a maximum of 10 ft away and eyeball me until I was too uncomfortable to concentrate anymore.

Lovely college. Really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement