Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

:p

sorry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

DaveMcG wrote:
    *backs away lest he be pwned like a n00b of sorts*

:(
    On a scale of one to just plain funny, that gets a roffle value of 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

awesome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hermione* wrote:
    What's odder is that my b/f (crash-with-the-little-Frech-beard) has been posting here, complaining about my posts mostly... God knows what he'll say when he sees this! ;) I'm evil y'see (so I'm told anyway) so that's why I have brain ... he's brilliant

Those who've met/seen me: I do look like a girl, right? :(

Returning to the topic :): Getting quite hungry now, so will be able to take full advantage of my meal out later ... yummy parents feeling sorry for exam-stressed daughter!
    Yeah, god knows what i'll make of it :P

anyhow, my woohoo - I HAVE CREATED WATER! well rather my group has. an open gl water simulation from a paper that has never been realtime generated before :D

we've also got rain, and a ball that falls and lands in it, and soon we'll have a particle system, and then our supervisor will no longer think we're a load of idiots!

and its an entire course so is worth lots and there's no exam in it - this is the only thing we do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

...which is great at the end of an academic year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Cool! what paper is it? Are you going to make a demo of it?

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~job/Papers/obrien-1995-DSS.pdf Is what we used as our basis - so much that wasnt working now is - next major problem is the open department demo - by choosing something for a programming project that people might be interested in, it means people from the department might actually show up :(

woohoo @ the fact that I've finished my INTRODUCTION for my philsophy essay :cool: ...even though it says on the philosophy site that,

"Under no circumstances will essays be accepted after Friday 28 April 2006"

hmmm... I think they're bluffing ;)

Hopefully my chest infection will count as a reason for not having it in on time. Although the fact that I haven't been to ANY tutorials for the module will probably reflect badly on me :( should I email my tutor, thereby drawing attention to that fact, or get in touch with the philosophy... headquarters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

DaveMcG wrote:
    woohoo @ the fact that I've finished my INTRODUCTION for my philsophy essay :cool: ...even though it says on the philosophy site that,

Hopefully my chest infection will count as a reason for not having it in on time. Although the fact that I haven't been to ANY tutorials for the module will probably reflect badly on me :( should I email my tutor, thereby drawing attention to that fact, or get in touch with the philosophy... headquarters?

Talk to Margaret Brady, she's very nice (erm, to me anyway). If there's anyway of flexing the deadline Im sure she'd do it for you.

awesome, thanks!

i'm half way through the essay now, it's lookin good :D I'll email her when i'm finished (she probs won't see it til tomorrow then)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Well, have eaten lots, and also acquired a fantastic Casablanca-style raincoat (I've been looking for a really well cut raincoat without a €400 price tag for about 18 months ;)), two really great dresses - one prom-style1950s-ish, the other a really great black shirtdress, which can be used for anything from interviews to shopping-, a lovely silk top, and really cute black heeled sandals. My mum ROCKS! :D Plus, I haven't seen her since March, and she was in hospital then waiting to be discharged, and it was great to just sit and drink tea and chat. Apart from still being too thin, she looks great. And, it was a great excuse for not studying!:D

shoulda been working... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hermione* wrote:
    Well, have eaten lots, and also acquired a fantastic Casablanca-style raincoat (I've been looking for a really well cut raincoat without a €400 price tag for about 18 months ;)), two really great dresses - one prom-style1950s-ish, the other a really great black shirtdress, which can be used for anything from interviews to shopping-, a lovely silk top, and really cute black heeled sandals. My mum ROCKS! :D Plus, I haven't seen her since March, and she was in hospital then waiting to be discharged, and it was great to just sit and drink tea and chat. Apart from still being too thin, she looks great. And, it was a great excuse for not studying!:D
    Sounds like you had a productive day!:)
    EDIT: I think Crash is jealous ...he just wants a dress too!

dont have the hips for it scraggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

To hell with this studying I'm going to the cinema, slither again, such a good movie:)

&#231 wrote: »
    dont have the hips for it scraggs.

Sorry about your jealousy (so true Scraggs!), but even though I do have two, they'll definitely look better on me :D

Thanks for trying to mke me feel bad though. Didn't work anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My woohoo is Springsteen's new album. Pure and utter class. (Boneless will back me up on this one)

Even if you are not a fan of The Boss I urge you to check it out. It's amazing.

God I wish I had a ticket for Friday :( (curses her parents!!)

*trudges off to the Bitch/rant/moan thread*

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

My woohoo is that peacheh came back and cracked down hard on those spamtastic heathens bent on destroying our pristine and enviable forum. Mischievous tykes! I said tykes!

Oh, and I saw the film Peter's Friends for the first time in about 10 years, and it's still f**king brilliant... Ah, brings back associated memories...

Intense, fraught, disturbing memories...

Sorry, where was I? Oh yes - great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i found my wallet!!!!!yyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh, and I saw the film Peter's Friends for the first time in about 10 years, and it's still f**king brilliant... Ah, brings back associated memories...

Intense, fraught, disturbing memories...

Sorry, where was I? Oh yes - great film.

I LOVE that film! Most of my favourite actors are British, but that's got such great casting ... Fry and Laurie together are brilliant.
    /puts Peter's Friends on post-exam to-do list

Congrats tintin! I had my wallet stolen in the library in March and was so relieved to get it back the next day ... even without the money that'd been in it. :)

• Advertisement

Goddamnit - wish i had been home to watch it - been years since i've seen that.

then again this is coming from the guy who only saw the breakfast club for the first time recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Snap! Actually Ally Sheedy reminds me of someone that Scraggs and I know.

woohoo, finished my philosophy essay! :D

DaveMcG wrote:

It'll probably be descretionary on the part of your tutor, and as they usually are MA or PhD students themselves, they might not think too kindly of you never turning up and then expecting you to mark your essay. I know tutors and lecturers who refuse to because they don't see why they should waste their time when you couldn't have been bothered, as the penaltiesare great enough at this stage to mean you'd fail anyway, even if you wrote an essay worth a 1.2.

yeah, that's understandable. hopefully this guy will be nice to me though!

EDIT:

What do you mean the penalties are great enough at this stage? you mean cos it's late? if so, i'll have a medical cert to explain that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Blush_01 wrote:
    Snap! Actually Ally Sheedy reminds me of someone that Scraggs and I know.
    I must meet this person and, if the fates allow, hook up on a more permanent basis...

Seriously tho, I think Ally Sheedy woulda been my first crush, thanks to the aforementioned Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire and Wargames, amongst others. Anyway...
    Hermione* wrote:
    I LOVE that film! Most of my favourite actors are British, but that's got such great casting ... Fry and Laurie together are brilliant.
    /puts Peter's Friends on post-exam to-do list
    Absolutely - ya know the entire core group of actors in that cast went to Oxford together? Branagh, Fry, Laurie, Thompson, Staunton...
    All in the same university. Fantastic.

When was it due Dave? You lose more and more marks as time goes by, so you could be down 50% at this stage, med cert or not.

Seb, trust me, I wouldn't do that to you. She's the person Scraggs and I were having that very stilted kind of conversation about when I asked her if she knew anyone from that specific secondary school.

Blush_01 wrote:
    When was it due Dave? You lose more and more marks as time goes by, so you could be down 50% at this stage, med cert or not.

Seb, trust me, I wouldn't do that to you. She's the person Scraggs and I were having that very stilted kind of conversation about when I asked her if she knew anyone from that specific secondary school.
    It was due on the 28th April, and I only lose 10% if it's a week late, if they don't accept the medical cert. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

tintinr35 wrote:
    i found my wallet!!!!!yyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Where was it?

I saw Hermione in her getup.

• Advertisement

SebtheBum wrote:
    Absolutely - ya know the entire core group of actors in that cast went to Oxford together? Branagh, Fry, Laurie, Thompson, Staunton...
    All in the same university. Fantastic.

Yep, knew that. I'm a Fry and Laurie fan; am waiting impatiently to get money post exams to get the Jeeves and Wooster series on dvd (I have them on video already :))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement