Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm actually madly in love with Stephen Fry and want his babies (yes I know he's a celibate gay so it's impossible but i can live in hope).

Although in saying that I read his book the Hippopotamus when i was about 14, i'm still a little freaked out by the cross species incident that occured in it, and he was only like 15 or something......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I saw Hermione in her getup.

I thought that was you!!! But only realised why I knew about a minute after I passed you - sorry for not saying hello. I am nice, promise!:)

The really nice guy in arts services, who always passes me at my locker at 10.58 and waits for me to go out the side door before he locks it, complimented me on my outfit .... I smiled all the way home! :D

That's such a nice services guy!

I got a grind sandwich today and my god, it's the best i've had in my two years in this place, so stuffed with food and so tasty. Incidently guy who was previously working in cafe brava was making my sandwich today, is it the same guy who owns both?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yep, same owner.

aha, well congrats to him for having a wonderful employee and on making me stunning sandwich, i'm mightily impressed. NOw if only my study would go aswell as my sandwich purchasing.

• Advertisement

That's such a nice services guy!

He's lovely. He passes me at my locker, asks me if I want to go out the side door, waits for me, holds open the door and wishes me a good night. He's so kind! (I smile at most people, so I like people who smile back. Smiling is effortless :))

Kudos to him, SMiley people are always nice people.

I smell of onions now, I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dunno about that mate!

Hoffmann_AH_kennt_8.jpg

Okay reworking of that comment: Most people who aren't lunatic anti - semetics, or involvied in fanaticism, cultism, racism, anarchy, religious oppression, etc etc, and so on and so forth and are genuinely nice people who want to help (in a nice, non obscured non*please insert all relevant precluding ties here*) are smiley people whom I like.

That doesn't look like a smile anyway. It looks like his facial muscles are arranging themselves in a very uncomortable and unfamiliar fashion! ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah, I small in a far more mundane manner, I'm going to agree with you and state catagorically that it is not a smile as per my definition.

yeah true dat, it does look a bit unnatural... this is more like it:

hitler sad
    http://www.annesdoor.com/Foto/Hitler.jpg

hitler happy
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/images/hitler_adolf.jpg

lol :p since i'm googling hitler images, here's one that never fails to make me smile:
    Hitler_Shorts.jpg

sexy :cool: it's hard to picture him as a murderous tyrant while he's wearing shorts...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

How often do you google for hitler images that that "always makes you smile"? hrmmm...

The first one is more Hitler serious rather than sad, I ike the second one for the tyranny factor.

Shorts and snow? Really weird, i thinking he didn't have much to shrink if he went with that combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well ya know he did only have one ball...
    Anyway can we get the f**k back on-topic pleeez?

Honestly. If I was mod of you lot there'd be bannings galore.

/growls unconvincingly

Aw seb don't be so grumpy this is the woohoo thread not the grump thread.

Fine, Woohoo that dave found a really really weird photo of hitler wearing shorts in the snow.

&#231 wrote: »
    How often do you google for hitler images that that "always makes you smile"? hrmmm...

How did you know I was going to post that?! :eek:

My rant? Crash-with-the little-French-beard is stealing my posts/ thoughts! :rolleyes: :mad:

Off topic, but Seb, I think you'd be a great mod! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    Off topic, but Seb, I think you'd be a great mod! :D
    Why, thank you!:o
    I'm glad somebody thinks so...

Woohoo: Hermione* and Crash-with-a-french-goatee-thingy are now upgraded to "despicably lovely", from the previous rating of "abhorrently lovely".

There. Now who says flattery gets you nowhere?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Found www.brickset.com which details every lego set ever made. :D

Has made me feel all retro. I want to be 6 again!!!! :mad:

Anyway here is the first lego set I ever owned.

Ah classic lego when you actually had to build stuff and not like the premade stuff they make today. 6 bricks and you're done? Please! It's not lego unless you have to wade thru a bucket of 100's of bricks to find the correct piece to finish ur model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:

/growls unconvincingly

Eh this is a spam thread Seb! pacman.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Hermione* wrote:
    I thought that was you!!! But only realised why I knew about a minute after I passed you - sorry for not saying hello. I am nice, promise!:)
    You cut me deep Hermione, you cut me deep.
    *turns and walks away wearing a trenchcoat*

:)

I liked your outfit too.

irlrobins wrote:
    Found www.brickset.com which details every lego set ever made. :D

Has made me feel all retro. I want to be 6 again!!!! :mad:

Anyway here is the first lego set I ever owned.

Ah classic lego when you actually had to build stuff and not like the premade stuff they make today. 6 bricks and you're done? Please! It's not lego unless you have to wade thru a bucket of 100's of bricks to find the correct piece to finish ur model.

Aww man I loved lego, I was a long time member of the Lego club and in fact celebrated on of my birthdays with a trip to lego land windsor where I was given a special birthday pack as I was a lego club member, I also had a lego club jumper and lots of patches, I was SO cool.

Wahey! finished my group demo on the water simulation thing!

as an aside, Steve Collins is now officially considered evil - kept asking us hard game related questions :(

Havok be damned, this is what i'll remember him for :)

SebtheBum wrote:
    Why, thank you!:o
    I'm glad somebody thinks so...

Woohoo: Hermione* and Crash-with-a-french-goatee-thingy are now upgraded to "despicably lovely", from the previous rating of "abhorrently lovely".

There. Now who says flattery gets you nowhere?!

Thanks Seb ... how much flattery does it take to be just 'lovely'? :D In the meantime, I'm working on the approach that I'm the latter half of your description (being a fellow UCD'ian arts student) and crash-with-the-little-French-beard is the former part of it (what with him being comp sci and an outsider and all) ;)
    I liked your outfit too.

Thank you! So did my mummy, so it was worth the dressing up! :)

SebtheBum wrote:
    Well ya know he did only have one ball...

/growls unconvincingly
    This is not an important/serious thread, relax.

Hermione* wrote:
    Thanks Seb ... how much flattery does it take to be just 'lovely'? :D In the meantime, I'm working on the approach that I'm the latter half of your description (being a fellow UCD'ian arts student) and crash-with-the-little-French-beard is the former part of it (what with him being comp sci and an outsider and all) ;)

Thank you! So did my mummy, so it was worth the dressing up! :)
    .....Despicable am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was thinking out putting on a musical. The Rise of the German NSDAP through the medium of dance and song?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

SebtheBum wrote:
    If I was mod of you lot there'd be bannings galore.

oh sebastian the elusive 4th star, someday my friend, someday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Grimes wrote:
    I was thinking out putting on a musical. The Rise of the German NSDAP through the medium of dance and song?
    Someone's been watching The Producers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Someone's been watching The Producers...

Nah i mean a real "History of the NSDAP" . Forgot that it was done in that movie. Well then how about a musical of the Gulags?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement