Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Excellent idea!
    A musical version of this film would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Pot, kettle, black :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

W00t: My little sis had her check-up in Beaumont yesterday and all is well! Better yet, she doesn't have another check-up til a year's time (up to now, they were every six months) :)

elmyra wrote:
    Pot, kettle, black :p
    Assuming that this little gem of a cliche was aimed at me, in what way am I the pot calling the kettle black?

Or is that just some kind of verbal reflex action you have, like those people who say, whenever anything moderately interesting happens, that it is "ironic"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Seb you are very cranky of late. Every post i seem to come across from you has a twinge of pure hate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I got paid! And I've to get this seasons clothes for work which means shoppin tomorrow! Woohoo! I've my eyes on a pair of pink patent shoes they're so beautiful and shiny and pink and i <3 them oh so much..and woohoo for staff discount!!

can you get me anything nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote:
    Seb you are very cranky of late. Every post i seem to come across from you has a twinge of pure hate
    I think the medical term is "f*cking whine-bag"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

DaveMcG wrote:
    This is not an important/serious thread, relax.

Correct, its not. However its also not a spam thread and maybe some people would like it to remain even remotely on-topic.
    DaveMcG wrote:
    I think the medical term is "f*cking whine-bag"

Might not be a serious thread but personal abuse is still personal abuse.

Enjoy your ban.

No WAY not dave. Not the week of the exams! Hes my love in history. Sorry Dave , see you Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Grimes wrote:
    No WAY not dave. Not the week of the exams! Hes my love in history. Sorry Dave , see you Monday.

I'm sure you'll cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Woohoo I sold a suit in work today and then made another sale of €300+ = sale of the day [possibly month but we'll see...]!
    Woohoo I got offered another job.. its funny how I spent most my time back in the day lookin for a job but then once I get experience I get offers all over the gaff when I'm not even looking.
    Woohoo they left out hours from my wages so that means extra money next month [thats a woohoo coz I didnt realise til the manager said it to me]
    oh and a final woohoo I got those gorgeous pink shoes I was talking about before:)
    Overall a very good day

SebtheBum wrote:
    Assuming that this little gem of a cliche was aimed at me, in what way am I the pot calling the kettle black?

Or is that just some kind of verbal reflex action you have, like those people who say, whenever anything moderately interesting happens, that it is "ironic"?

Sorry, I missed that yesterday, I meant you having freakers over us spamming and then doing it yourself :p

My whoo hoo is that there is a two carloads of my friends currently en route to Dublin to visit me cos they felt sorry for me being in Dublin on my own at the weekend. I love those guys! :D

elmyra wrote:
    Sorry, I missed that yesterday, I meant you having freakers over us spamming and then doing it yourself :p
    Ah, yes, well...
    Do as I say, not as I do!!! U Krazy Kids!:D

Anyway. Spamming is contagious. That's why it's so dangerous.

Woohoo: My parents are home from their week-long sojourn in Sardinia - Now, surely, I will get some study done, what with their ability to brow-beat be into preparation for exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Wow, you've way better friends than I do!!
    My woo hoo is that I'm at home and after a lovely, free, home cooked meal I'm gonna do some study and then watch American Beauty, without having to put up with annoying house mates.

Yup it's kind of a whoo hoo that my house mates aren't here too. I do not love those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My woohoo for today is that I got the 1st series of The L Word for really cheap today :)
    So tempting to get icecream and coke and have an L Word marathon... but Must. Study! :(

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ah, yes, well...
    Do as I say, not as I do!!! U Krazy Kids!:D

Oh.....ok.....:o *puts down cigarettes and lighter* *hurriedly begins to glue hair back on*

elmyra wrote:
    Oh.....ok.....:o *puts down cigarettes and lighter* *hurriedly begins to glue hair back on*
    I giggled at this, despite myself. Dunno why, it's not even remotely humorous:p

I'm still not studying. But woohoo I have a new excuse for failing:
    Samson.

The precedent he set means that I can't be held accountable for any loss of intelligence, skills or memory resulting in failure - It's all simply the fault of my lack of head hair.

Yay. Shayving hed smrt moov. Kno sighed effex wotsowevva.

SebtheBum wrote:
    I giggled at this, despite myself. Dunno why, it's not even remotely humorous:p

I'm still not studying. But woohoo I have a new excuse for failing:
    Samson.

The precedent he set means that I can't be held accountable for any loss of intelligence, skills or memory resulting in failure - It's all simply the fault of my lack of head hair.

Yay. Shayving hed smrt moov. Kno sighed effex wotsowevva.

With one hand he giveth, with the other he taketh away!!

My extra whoo hooo is that my friends brought a big massive take away Eddie Rockets, and they remembered my exact order, and they wouldn't let me pay! Awwwwww!!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I was at the Ard Fheis yesterday. Absolutely excellent day.
    I was on 'Nuacht' ag caint as Gaeilge, and TV3 News. Good few photos taken too.
    I talked to loads of TDs, FG types which is great.
    Managed to get seats 4 rows back for Leader's Address and got an invite to the private party after.
    Some excellent policy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I found a bag of Malteasers in my room that I bought a few weeks ago and forgot about! Mmhm, Malteasers. Masterfoods, I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Pythia wrote:
    I was at the Ard Fheis yesterday. Absolutely excellent day.
    I was on 'Nuacht' ag caint as Gaeilge, and TV3 News. Good few photos taken too.
    I talked to loads of TDs, FG types which is great.
    Managed to get seats 4 rows back for Leader's Address and got an invite to the private party after.
    Some excellent policy too.
    I saw Enda's hot air splurge....I mean "speech". Honestly that man could suck a cow's udder and still be boring. His policies are not thought out as well.

Woo-Hoo: I'm going to see a film later.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow morning... short and spiky ftw! It's going purple after the exams.
    Also, one of the guys in work is loaning me the Full Metal Alchemist manga books next weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

W00t: a really kind person (who shall remain nameless :)) made up an exam tunes cd for my walking to doom, I mean, the RDS, and it's got some of my favourite songs on it, plus one or two new ones which I really like. Layla, teenage kicks, Son of a Preacher Man, Lola ... the walk's looking up! :D
    I MUST get an ipod in the summer though. :rolleyes:

Yay for you! (By the way, you must NOT get an ipod, you should get something better and possibly cheaper that has a better returns policy. The nightmare one of my friends had with her ipod [nicknamed doom at this stage] is actually funny, including it taking 10 weeks to repair the damn thing before it broke again the day she got it back.

Woohoo, grumpy housemate went to bed early so we didn't have to put up with the grumpiness. It was seriously making me thick with everyone!

YAY, I have cold pizza to reheat for dinner. Mmhm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm glad to hear you say that, I woke up in a cold sweat last night at the thought of someone leaving most of a pizza:)

My woo hoo is that I'm gonna enjoy a lovely home cooked meal before heading back down to dublin and I'nm hoping the library will be less packed with the arts students in the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm starting exams today - whilst I know that this is an odd woohoo it means I only have 16 studying days left until i can stop studying for six weeks when i'm on clinical placement until i start my research project, haven't stopped studying since october 2004 so this is a big deal!

• Advertisement

Woohoo, I'm talking to Solfa and I haven't talked to her for ages!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement