Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I love solfa, she's so fun!

Ok best woohoo of the day for me, I'm 90% sure I just spotted Earlsfort terrace libocop with a clicker a la Ben Affleck in that Lynx ad, even if it wasn't it sure as hell made me laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

New Dirty Pretty Things album on my pc, its rather good, as expected. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

CCCUUUUBBBBAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

DEEEEUUUUUTTTSSSCHHHHLLLAAAAAANNNNNDDDD!!!!!

Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Just discovered Dr. Bombay.

Rice and Curry
    SOS (The Tiger Took My Family)

You guys have to hear them. They're hilarious!

• Advertisement

CCCUUUUBBBBAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

COMMUNISM!

SebtheBum wrote:

NAZISM!

I kid, all the worlds a rainbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Triple posting FOR THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!!

Woohoo: CUUUUUUUBBAAAAAA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

SebtheBum wrote:

Are you actually going to the World Cup? What's the point, without Rooney? :D

Peachy, I'm so jealous ... you'll be in Cuba and I'll be cramming on the nationalism of Ulster Unionists (an oxymoron, but a cert for the last paper imo) :mad:

W00tage: Am in the library! Have started doing work! :eek:
    Bout bloody time tbh though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE! :p :rolleyes:

http://www.time.com/time/photoessays/2006/inside_google/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

scop wrote:
    I kid, all the worlds a rainbow.
    Of course :D

My woohoo: Haircut! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Pics?

Hermione* wrote:
    Are you actually going to the World Cup? What's the point, without Rooney? :D
    THEO F**KING WALCOTT, BABY!!!

Can't believe he's in the motherf**king England team, when he can't break into the Arsenal first choice XI... Mental altogether.

In any case, I'm just going to the Final in Berlin in July.

So, eh, without wanting to sound pessimistic (cos that would be soooo unlike me) England will probably not be there.

Should be f**kin' wicked inananyway.

Yay!! After applying ages ago, somebody from my dad's company finally rang me to give me an interview time (tbh, it's 90% in the bag given that Dad's been working for the company for so long, and my sis used to get a summer job in Limerick the exact same way ;)) ... only problem is interview is at 2.30pm in town, and I'll be in the RDS til 12.30pm waffling on about the 'modern Irish experience'. Thank God my house is near both the RDS, and a Dart station :D
    Marlborough Street is near Connolly, right? Northside's not really somewhere I know particularly well, except for the shopping areas of course :rolleyes:, ... plus time constraints means it'll have to be a dart.:confused:

Edit: Just saw Seb's post. Don't actually understand the first line though! :rolleyes: New stiker maybe? :p Tbh, I'd take Rooney over Beckham, I'm no soccer pundit, but I find Beckham very overrated. I'm also presuming that Arsenal's first XV are mostly non-English? Explaining why they're so successful? *guesswork*
    And that's not pessimism Seb, realistically England's chances of being in a soccer World Cup final are about a slight as Ireland being in the rugby World Cup final. :D

Hermione* wrote:
    And that's not pessimism Seb, realistically England's chances of being in a soccer World Cup final are about a slight as Ireland being in the rugby World Cup final. :D
    Statistically less actually - Given that Ireland is part of some upper-class elitist club that plays the game (5 or 6 truly big teams, tops)... Whereas the entire flippin' world and his dog plays The Beautiful Game, with realistic contenders including Brazil, Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Czech Rep, Germany (well... Maybe not right now), the United States, Sweden, Argentina, Mexico... I could go on.

Anyway. Yes, Theo Walcott is a footballer. A 17 year old signed for £12million from Soton (that's Southampton to the uninitiated) back in January. Yet to play a First Team game (that's XI, not XV) for the Gunners. And somehow, despite all logic, he's in the England 23 for the World Cup.

EDIT: Just to get things slightly back on-topic... W00tage, I have now covered The Origins of WW1. Just 2 more topics to go, and I'll be set.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hermione* wrote:
    Marlborough Street is near Connolly, right? Northside's not really somewhere I know particularly well, except for the shopping areas of course :rolleyes:, ... plus time constraints means it'll have to be a dart.:confused:

Look below to see where marlborough st. is.

my woohoo - i finally bought record cards so i can start making notes - and dl'ed all the notes from the net - well nearly. so study may begin soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

SebtheBum wrote:
    Statistically less actually - Given that Ireland is part of some upper-class elitist club that plays the game (5 or 6 truly big teams, tops)... Whereas the entire flippin' world and his dog plays The Beautiful Game, with realistic contenders including Brazil, Portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Czech Rep, Germany (well... Maybe not right now), the United States, Sweden, Argentina, Mexico... I could go on.

Anyway. Yes, Theo Walcott is a footballer. A 17 year old signed for £12million from Soton (that's Southampton to the uninitiated) back in January. Yet to play a First Team game (that's XI, not XV) for the Gunners. And somehow, despite all logic, he's in the England 23 for the World Cup.

EDIT: Just to get things slightly back on-topic... W00tage, I have now covered The Origins of WW1. Just 2 more topics to go, and I'll be set.

Englands chances are less because they are not as good as the main heavy weight contenders! Everybody may play soccer but only 7 teams have ever won the world cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I just found the Time Warp on YouTube!!!

Englands chances are less because they are not as good as the main heavy weight contenders! Everybody may play soccer but only 7 teams have ever won the world cup!
    ...which include England. I don't really see your point.

England's chances are less because England has more competition. That's not opinion, now, that's mathematical fact. England still could win a Footie World Cup while Ireland might never win a Rugby World Cup, but I'm not talking about chance, I'm talking about statisitical probability.

It's pretty basic, you probably did it for the LC if not the JC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Oh dear god, this topic is slightly less interesting than a tv ad for "womens products":mad:

My woo hoo is that I quite easily got a seat witha socket in the library, now I know there's smoething else I should be doing....:o

SebtheBum wrote:
    ...which include England. I don't really see your point.

England's chances are less because England has less competition. That's not opinion, now, that's mathematical fact. England still could win a Footie World Cup while Ireland might never win a Rugby World Cup, but I'm not talking about chance, I'm talking about statisitical probability.

It's pretty basic, you probably did it for the LC if not the JC.

Really??!?!?! You are over simplifying, probability is more complicated than what we did for LC! Trust me I know sunshine!;)

Just so as I can become a hypocrite, sebs right and I believe your were over simplifying with the only 7 teams have won so only 7 ever will suggestion.

Really??!?!?! You are over simplifying, probability is more complicated than what we did for LC! Trust me I know sunshine!;)
    Could you make a coherent argument please or f**k off, you're kind of getting on my nerves at this stage. I've made a point, and backed it up - all you've done is interrupt and make completely unsupported statements.

EDIT: Innannyway... We are so off-topic even I am annoyed at myself for starting this line of thought... Didn't think anyone would have a problem with it. In any case.

Woo-hoo: Just had tuna sandwiches. Brain food. They'll help me pass, right?
    RIGHT?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

humbert wrote:
    My woo hoo is that I quite easily got a seat witha socket in the library, now I know there's smoething else I should be doing....:o
    I got in half an hour ago and couldnt find one so now I'm down on the third floor with 45 mins left on my laptop battery :( But on the plus side I've managed to start studying!

humbert wrote:
    Just so as I can become a hypocrite, sebs right and I believe your were over simplifying with the only 7 teams have won so only 7 ever will suggestion.

Ah I see where the problem is now, I did not mean that because 7 have won it only 7 ever will!
    SebtheBum wrote:
    Could you make a coherent argument please or f**k off, you're kind of getting on my nerves at this stage. I've made a point, and backed it up - all you've done is interrupt and make completely unsupported statements.

I see exams are making some people cranky! I think all that we disagree on is whether England have a good chance in the WC or not, I don't think they do! But I am sure we can continue this in the soccer forum where it is more appropriate!:)

Yea I put in the woo hoo because I was lucky. I think I got this one because people left as I came, it's not uncommon so I paid no remark to it:(

&#231 wrote: »
    Look below to see where marlborough st. is.

my woohoo - i finally bought record cards so i can start making notes - and dl'ed all the notes from the net - well nearly. so study may begin soon!

Thank you, but I've since discovered it's one of those streets I know, I just don't know the name of it. :rolleyes:

My woohoo is that my b/f's thoughtful! :D Sickening, aren't we?! :p

Also, I'm studying! Yeah, really! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:

In any case, I'm just going to the Final in Berlin in July.

I hate you.

eh OT, eh woohooo I did some study today and I'm 8% less buggered!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Librocop tried to intimidate me today!!! :D

I thought he would have remembered the last time he tried to do that; he was rather red-faced when I asked him if he wanted a photo cos it would last longer... then I blew him a kiss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement