Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Woot: got quite a receptive email looking for my cv earlier on - sounds like a decent job too - working office work and events coordinator for an english language school. sounds interesting.

On the other hand, my phone is out of power and i'm going to fail tomorrows exam. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

How are you guys getting your jobs? Where have you been looking?

I'd say most decent summer jobs have gone by now. Champion Sports were advertising in Jervis Street today if clothing the townies of Dublin tickles your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'd say most decent summer jobs have gone by now. Champion Sports were advertising in Jervis Street today if clothing the townies of Dublin tickles your fancy.
    Now Zane thats not very nice... a jobs a job after all!

MNG try Dundrum SC ...there were loadsa places looking for staff last week when I was there.

My woohoo is once again Yorkie McFlurrys they're feckin gorge!!
    and a surprise visit from Mr Justice Hullaballoo in our place this evening
    Pff and ye say I'm the stalker!! This guy turns up at yer houses....thats hardcore man.... impressive:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Scraggs wrote:

I applied there before and I got no response! I'm just a bitter young man :mad:

OT Woohoo got my computer in work today!! *

* but boohoo they've barred the internet from my PC :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Scraggs wrote:

MNG try Dundrum SC ...there were loadsa places looking for staff last week when I was there.

I applied for loads of places in Dundrum and got no replies, the dastards :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Scraggs wrote:

p

stop telling everyone!! :mad:

They're MY jobs.

Whooo hoooo i saw loadsa boardsies today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

elmyra wrote:
    Whooo hoooo i saw loadsa boardsies today! :D

Also my woohoo :D
    Hours mindlessly wandering through shops thinking of all the new dresses and shoes I *need* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Woohoo, I've never freaked people out more on the bus before! Elmyra will back me up. It was so much fun!

Also, dress code! YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How are you guys getting your jobs? Where have you been looking?
    I gave out 6 CV's, the cinema rang me the next day, interview 2 days later, job later that night!

No other places rang asking for my services!!! I'm appauled!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I found out my ex is seeing some one new.
    Now we broke up ages ago and I've been someone new for a while so I wouldn't care, but...

...I've heard she's a stripper!
    Funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm going to scotland in two weeks - I'm very excited.

My dog slept in the house, on the bed with me, and didn't move for the whole night :) I expected major licking of the face and peeing on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

DaveMcG wrote:
    I expected major licking of the face
    Expected? or Hoped? :p
    Woo hoo: It's sunny today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Woohoo we got a mention on ucdsu.net :rolleyes:

So, so funny....

http://www.ucdsu.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1438

I particularly liked this bit:
    Do you think I give a fiddler's fuck about getting kicked off boards.ie by those reprobates? Seriously. The counterculture of that particular subspecies is a pathetic little affair. If anyone has come across the 'boardsies' in real life, as I inadvertently did on the last day of term, then you'll know what I mean.

Roffle! :p

irlrobins wrote:
    Expected? or Hoped? :p

Hey, I've no longer got a girlfriend, sometimes a man needs his best friend there to comfort him :p
    Woohoo we got a mention on ucdsu.net :rolleyes:

So, so funny....

http://www.ucdsu.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1438

I particularly liked this bit:

Originally Posted by VenusInFurs
    Do you think I give a fiddler's **** about getting kicked off boards.ie by those reprobates? Seriously. The counterculture of that particular subspecies is a pathetic little affair. If anyone has come across the 'boardsies' in real life, as I inadvertently did on the last day of term, then you'll know what I mean.

Roffle! :p

lol! The verbosity of the post in question is positively and inexcusably reprehensible!

And he used lots of big words too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hehe, he sounds so bitter about it. Well done peachy for banning him, and singingstranger for bringing it up and annoying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'm finished my exams!!!! Had lovely pints last night and slept the sleep of the just with the secure and warm feeling that I did not have to get up and study the next morning!!!

And I sold a scope, so I have beer tokens for tonight... Wooooooooo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I also just finished exams - went drinking at 11.30 in houricans and have discovered due to the miracle of not drinking in an absolute age i'm well tipsy on a pint.

Oh and I have a perfect thesis for final year. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

*scoffs* Mini Rolls. Say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DaveMcG wrote:
    Hey, I've no longer got a girlfriend, sometimes a man needs his best friend there to comfort him :p
    My mate <name removed just in case!> thinks you're hot...I can set ye up:p ??

Woohoo alcohol tonight yay!

• Advertisement

:eek: :o

How does she know what I look like?! You been letting people see the pictures of me you have hanging on the ceiling above your bed? :mad: What part of "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" don't you understand??!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i just tried the silencer on my cd/dvd drive and it works like a dream. good for fecking arounf with itunes while people are studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

DaveMcG wrote:
    lol! The verbosity of the post in question is positively and inexcusably reprehensible!

And he used lots of big words too! :D

Excellent, nearly as funny as the original post from ucdsu.net! :D

w00t:: I'm getting my new room today! Skanky housemates are moving out! And the girl who's moving into my room isn't doing so til the weekend so I don't have to try and move all my stuff in one day! :D

Better yet, I'm going out tonight and tomorrow, and with my bf, whom I've hardly seen due to poxy exams. Drink! :D

w00t: 1,000th post, and I made sure I did on my home forum! ;)

:D

woohoo! I'm wearing all black for my first day on the floor in my new job, and I look so cool :D I'm even wearing black jocks!!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

according to venusinfurs we're a pathetic counterculture.... not more pathetic than him/her!!! well done miss peachy for banning that cretin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

For me he always brings this quote to mind "Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact", George Eliot.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I had loads of fun tonight, despite the taxi driver nearly taking myself and Scraggs to DCU.

Woohoo, it's friday, in a week I'll be finished as an undergrad (potentially) for good!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

DCU.... as opposed to ucd i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Not the first time that would have happened. Almost happened to me a while back, guy had only been a taxi driver for 2 weeks. Still, he was a dub, so no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I managed to get drunk, insult lots of people and still make it home to my own bed in one piece!! And I got asked out on a date too!!!

I love Beers....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement