Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the woo hoo/anti moan thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just got promoted in work to shift supervisor and now I have a crew.

Im thinking of calling them "Grimes' Children"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Things are going great at the moment. The weather is amazing, work isn't really 'work': I've spent most of my first few days sitting out in the sun chatting. I can start and leave whenever I need to (within reason!), and the subject I'm researching is both interesting and useful. The society I'm most involved in just won small society of the year and I'm so happy that our efforts were recognised. I can come home in the evening and not stress about what I should have done for the next day, and then lie in the park till the sun descends.

The only thing than can **** things up is the slight possibility that I may have to repeat a couple of exams and miss the holiday that I've already planned. This reminds me of something: they say bad things happen because God is giving you a little kick in the ass every now and again to keep you on your toes. If nothing bad happens for ages, then God must be taking one almighty run-up before he delivers his next punt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Grimes wrote:
    I just got promoted in work to shift supervisor and now I have a crew.

Im thinking of calling them "Grimes' Children"

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I like my new flat mates!! :)

One of them brought me some chocolate along - just because he thought it's in a very girlie-ish packaging and he couldn't resist buying it for me :D It's brill, cos that way I didn't have to go to the shop to help me through that section of my thesis that I have just finished (another woo hoo!!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

In my head it's twenty minutes from now, making it Thursday. Which means it's only four days to Google and one day 'til the start of the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Inspired by DaveMcG I applied for a job in the cinema (UGC) and got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Woohooo! I love this internship! The main supervisor guy came in saying about another research project thing, which involves sharing mobile photos with friends. They want us to test it, and so are giving us all brand new camera phones worth between €200-€250, which we will get to keep at the end:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

blondie83 wrote:
    Inspired by DaveMcG I applied for a job in the cinema (UGC) and got it!
    :D Awesome!

woohoo: I picked up my hunting knife today!... I still don't know why I bought it, I don't even hunt :confused: It's f*cking huge though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Woohoo! Just had bbq lunch over in the Glen res. Two burgers and a hot dog. Stuffed now.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I've been offered double pay to work Saturday :D I also started playing the new Hitman game last night, feel a lot better than yesterday and may have the prospect of being in a new band.
    A good day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Bought Season One of 24 starring Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Looking forward to watching it..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blowfish wrote:
    Woohooo! I love this internship! The main supervisor guy came in saying about another research project thing, which involves sharing mobile photos with friends. They want us to test it, and so are giving us all brand new camera phones worth between €200-€250, which we will get to keep at the end:).
    No fair. Damn you DCU peeps!
    *wants a new phone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Heehee i'm in aberdeen, although it's cold i didn't have clinical tomorrow and it's fun - happy times today!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I've worked 48hrs so far this week [bitch] but I've discovered that I get paid a special rate for those extra hours so woohooo!

I had a little hissy fit today [doesnt happen often:D] Everyone had a good laugh. One of my mates on her lunchbreak went to Pennys and bought me a t-shirt that has 'D is for Diva' written on it. It really cheered me up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

could also be "D" for "D"umbass ?

sorry, ill get my coat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

or 'D for Destroy' which I'll do to you if your not careful:D

[and really a coat in this weather... honestly:rolleyes:]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

Woohoo I got the coolest summer job in the world. I'm gonna be a band aid. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

like a plaster? :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

No I'll be lookin after acts who are playin summer concerts over here on behalf of the promoters and organisers. Just bringin them whatever they want and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

wohoo meowCat just promised to make me a kilt for the postgrad ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

nursebetty wrote:
    No I'll be lookin after acts who are playin summer concerts over here on behalf of the promoters and organisers. Just bringin them whatever they want and stuff.

Congrats on that, R's dad is a freakin legend, I think I'll be doing it too the weekend of oxegen cos there'll be so many acts to 'look after' :D . Yahooo!

wohoo meowCat just promised to make me a kilt for the postgrad ball!

Well, bring the whole 9-yard cloth along... not much time left to ball though!! :D

And you edited that part about your new Belgium aquaintance out of that woo hoo. :( Is that going to be in the bitch/moan/... thread now? :p

Woo hoo: the June picture on my cat calendar is just adorable! I love cats in tri-colore!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

meowCat wrote:
    And you edited that part about your new Belgium aquaintance out of that woo hoo. :( Is that going to be in the bitch/moan/... thread now? :p

Nah just I was sober this morning and did a little edit ;) My big woo-hoo is the World Cup, just a little break from the pub now to check on my experiments and then back to see Sweden vs Trinidad and Tobago and some food!:D

Also woo hoo the Metallica concert is on tomorrow, so another great day out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Great overnight off shore race last night. A long period of unpleasant weather which resulted in half the crew getting sea sick. But then you got moments like this.... def woo hoo!

Now I'm off to bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

WOOHOO, was away all week and most of my E-bay stuff arrived, as did that stupid play I no longer want from Amazon.

I love my credit card. Unfortunately, it won't love me when the bill comes. Uh-oh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

me and my friend went for a deadly cycle this evening.. ranelagh -> ucd -> blackrock -> dun laoighre -> sallynoggin -> stillorgan -> ucd -> terenure. i'm sweaty as hell now but it was worth it. and i sensibly avoided mount merrion after last weeks encounter with the Hill of Hell :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I passed all 11 of my exams - i'm a happy camper!

I finally managed to get my hair cut today and I love it!!! 2inches off and some serious layers framing my face now. My first time as a hair model. It took like forever but I love the cut and I love the price: €10,-!!!! :D
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

got my 2.1
    Provisionally at least

and work phoned to say i've now got wednesday off!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement